Making the Game Even Better and Changing Your Address
- Hey everybody!
So I wanted to share with you a couple of cool things that have happened (and then one unfortunate thing that happened to me):
1. We upgraded the card quality for all the cards to now have linen embossing (so its linen+ivorycore now). The price per game to do this wasn't too bad, and I really wanted all of the components to have the highest quality feel, so why not?
2. The cubes themselves have been upgraded, from plastic to acrylic. What does that mean? 1. They're heavier (which feels good) 2. They're less "shiny", which I like 3. There are no more "sprues" on any of the cubes (this is where the cubes were originally connected to something else and broken off from it, leaving a small marking on the cube). The picture below will show what I'm talking about.
- 3. So after going back and forth a bit, we decided to change the blue cubes. This is the third time they've been changed - they started off as Hexachrome Cyan C (which was too much of a baby blue), then became Reflex Blue C (which ended up being a little too dark) and now they are going to be Pantone Process Blue C. This may seem insane, but there's a pretty big difference between what the colors looks like on a pantone color sheet and what it looks like in real life. Anyways, this last change was unfortunate, since unlike the first time I changed them, the Reflex Blue cubes had already been made (which means I had to pay for another run of Blue cubes... which is pretty expensive in the quantities that I'm doing). On a side note, I will soon be the proud owner of 135,000 homeless Reflex Blue cubes. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with them yet...
- How to change your address:
- So we're getting closer to the cut off date for address changes. I'll give you a final heads up a week out from the deadline, but its important that I have the correct address - I want to make sure you get what you paid for. Now changing your address in Kickstarter is not very intuitive, so here's some instructions on how you can do it:
- When you're signed in to Kickstarter, click on your profile icon.
- It'll open up a drop down menu. In the left column, under My Stuff, there is "Backed Projects", click on that
- You'll see a list of all the games you've backed. Find the game you want, and then click on the blue "+" icon on the far right.
- A window will pop up showing the game and what you've pledged. There are some tabs here, click on the one that says "Survey" and then click on "Edit address" (it should be blue).