Jade, Michael and Stacey are the Neapolitan ice cream of sexuality. Young, sexy and single, they search for love and excitement in Sydney’s dating scene only to find humiliation and hilarious misadventure.
In September 2013, we released two pilot episodes made under Metro Screen's 'Story to Screen' initiative and we have already received almost 1 million views on YouTube. If you haven't seen them yet, please visit our website: www.lovebytes-theseries.com
Our goal is to complete season 1 of Love Bytes!
Despite the leaps forward we are making, there are very few interesting and relatable queer characters and story-lines on screen. This was one of the sparks that inspired the birth of Love Bytes and it is currently one of the only lesbian and gay sitcoms that exist.
This is a web-series that celebrates diversity and sexuality through the universal experience of searching for love. It's a funny, entertaining show for a queer audience that we hope will be embraced by the wider community at large. It's a show that promotes tolerance and acceptance and gives audiences around the world an opportunity to have a good laugh at the awkward absurdity of dating that we have all been through.
By pledging today, you are supporting a fresh and exciting new show as well as supporting locally made content by young emerging film-makers who are passionate and committed to the promotion of LGBT equality.
We are Tonnette and Victoria Stanford, sisters from Sydney, Australia. We've been collaborating on queer-themed films for over 10 years and we are dedicated to increasing the visibility of the LGBT community on screen. Our previous works have won numerous awards and have screened at over 160 festivals including Academy Award recognised festivals. You can view some of our outrageous and fun trailers at http://tonnettestanford.com/films/trailers/
To make Love Bytes a reality we have gathered together a talented team including our producers Emma McKenna and Craig Foster (Myrtle Street Pictures) and NIDA trained actors - including gay actors, Adriano Cappelletta (Michael), Billie Rose Prichard (Jade), Bec Irwin (Sam Fox) and Dave Halalilo (Dream Man). Not to forget the sublimely talented, and sublimely straight, Emily Rose Brennan (Stacey).
The first pilot "Herpes of the Lips" tackles what has become a universal digital dilemma: fake profile pictures. Michael thinks he's meeting a sexy Bollywood model for a drink, but is unpleasantly surprised.
The second pilot, "Justin Beaver" explores what happens when a precious family heirloom gets lost in the most intimate of places.
We would like to thank everyone who has helped in the Love Bytes journey so far: Metro Screen, Screen NSW, Gaydar/Gaydar Girls, Broadway Gym, Gay Bar (in Sydney), The Star Observer, The Adge Aparment Hotel, LOTL, Digital Logic, Varga Bar, Clem's Chicken, Xcessive and the wonderful cast and crew. For a complete list of our cast and crew please visit our website: www.lovebytes-theseries.com
Please join the Love Bytes team:
Love Bytes website: http://www.lovebytes-theseries.com/
Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/lovebytesseries/videos
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lovebytes.theseries
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LoveBytesSeries
Director's website: http://tonnettestanford.com/
Please email us if you have any questions: email@example.com
If you are interested in investing in the series, please contact Tonnette on 0421 068 813 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE REWARDS:
1. Our target of $12,000 will enable us to complete the next two episodes to finish the season. If we are able to raise $18,000 we can make a bonus third episode.
2. The location of the film shoot and post production will be in SYDNEY. For all rewards, travel and accommodation are not included.
3. The DVD of the film will only be available once season 1 has been completed. We aim for season 1 to be completed by December 2014, but may be in early 2015.
4. Location of the launch party will be in a Sydney location.
5. The choice of poster, production still, digital wallpaper will be at the discretion of the creators.
6. If you choose a reward that includes a set visit, the date will be at the discretion of the producer.
7. The choice of an original prop or costume is at the discretion of the producer.
8. Date of consultations and/or skype sessions will be based on the creators availabilities.
9. Depending on your country or territory there may be additional taxes on what we are shipping to you. For example, If you are in Europe, you may need to pay VAT taxes.
10. If you are interested in a sponsorship reward, please contact us beforehand at email@example.com
Risks and challenges
Delays may occur if cast and crew members become unavailable due to sickness or unforeseen circumstances. We have done our very best to plan the shoot as meticulously as possible and hopefully it will all run smoothly. We will be in communication with all our supporters throughout the process and we will let you know if there are any mishaps, delays or issues.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)