The new and unique tabletop gaming experience, Scribe's Arena is a game which combines exciting mechanics as well as re-inventing favorites. Check out this page out for more information and please support our campaign!
Be sure to take a look at our video - we spent a long time on it!
Are you the ultimate gamer? Scroll down to our "Gameplay" section for a How To Play poster.
Unsure which pledge level is the best? Try the "Prophet" tier with Kickstarter-exclusive rewards!
Update: New Card Formats!
Scribe's Arena is a new tabletop word-deduction game designed for 2-4 players! Here are some of the features you can expect:
* Fast-paced games
* Unique gameplay mechanics
* Innovative design
* Huge replay value
* Over 200 pieces of original artwork
* High level of polish, detail, and flow in gameplay
* A game to be experienced first-hand!
For more in-depth information on specific rewards, visit this page or contact us!
Click on each banner for a link to the photo album/review to learn more:
In the world of Zerath, there exist the 5 primordial elements: Fire, Water, Nature, Light, and Darkness. They are kept apart by borders of energy and exist separately in different realms. These mysterious borders emanate from the Zerath Crystal, a huge statue-like gem of power located in the center of the world. One day the Zerath Crystal was struck by a wayward meteor, shattering it into multiple Zerath Shards that scattered across the world.
The energy borders have since dissipated with The Shattering, and the mages of the elements, known as Scribes, were now able to interact with the other elemental realms. These Scribes will all seek to acquire the Zerath Shards, some with the goal of rebuilding the Zerath Crystal, some wanting to destroy it all together, and others seeking the shard’s power for their own intentions.
While every Scribe’s true objectives to claim these Zerath Shards remains unknown, one thing is certain: Battlefields will be ravaged in the competition for these Shards, and the gods themselves will assist the Scribes in battles of epic preporations.
Which god will you choose to worship?
Which element will you align yourself with?
Will you emerge victorious in the battlefields?
It is time for you to join the war in the Scribe’s Arena!
I, Jason Chan, have been designing Scribe's Arena for the past 8 years.
During this time I really focused on perfecting the game mechanics. Having created over 40 prototype versions, the game is now polished with intuitive designs and mechanics with the help of experienced playtesters!
If you are interested in reading about the creative process that brought about Scribes, you can head over to our official website, www.scribesarena.com, and read the Designer Diary for a more in-depth analysis.
If you would like to contact me, email me at email@example.com. Want to add me on Facebook? It's firstname.lastname@example.org! I will always enjoy talking about the game and taking your comments into consideration.
A huge thanks to everyone who helped out on this project. Without you guys, this would certainly have been impossible...here is a quick list of the people who went out of their way to help me (please forgive me if I forgot your name: please message me if I do!):
* Merak Li, Duhbe Li, Matthew Ng, Jeffrey Lau - for that fateful day where I decided to work on this project
* Cassey Chan -The earliest playtesting in the very early prototypes (where spells were vacuums and rockets then!). Not to mention being a great dad =)
* Arthur Ling - For hundreds of playtesting and great support, not to mention assisting in the filming process, designing graphics for this page, and great feedback on the game
* Bernita Ling - For dedicating her time to creating our beautiful rulebook
* Paul Chiang - For reading through and editing my rulebook.
* Ron Petersen - For editing the Kickstarter video and all addon videos!
* Maren Sigson - For providing her professional voice in the video!
* Tarn, Joshua, Visaruth, Arm, Yujin, Syn, Chanon, Visaruth - My awesome team of artists who brought Scribe's Arena to life
* Seth Jaffee, Luke Laurie, Frank Zazanis, Hank Panthiere, Dominique DeMille, Jarek Robert Smith, Scott Morris, Tom Vasel, JR Honeycutt, CW Karstens, Kevin McKenzie, Herb and Jen (GaaC), Roger Hicks - For taking the time to play my prototype and put up reviews, send me feedback. It is great making new friends abroad!
* Everyone who stopped by Scribe's Arena in a games convention, most notably Strategicon and BGGCon in 2013!
* And last but most important, Anna Shelby Tsang, for always believing in me and supporting my goals and interests. Though you are not with us anymore, I still miss you, and hope you are proud of me Mom!
If you would like to read through our Rulebook, click the banner below:
Want to access our Print and Play files for the Trial Game? Click this banner:
Risks and challenges
In terms of game design: the mechanics, rules, and gameplay are ready to go! Remember to look at our rulebook and extra files if you are interested in learning more.
When it comes to fulfillment, we realize that there are multiple stages in getting the game to you: Manufacturing, Shipping, Warehousing, and Distribution.
Months before this Kickstarter campaign even launched, we have contacted a list of companies who have agreed to help in all these stages. We are confident in delivering Scribe's Arena to you on time.
We realize that our project is not complete until every backer has received their rewards. Through regular updates, we will let our backers know the latest news on the game's fulfillment timeline, and inform our backers promptly if there are any changes to the proposed schedule.
If you have any questions or concerns, please respond either through Kickstarter, our email (email@example.com), or our Facebook (www.facebook.com/scribesarena). We will do our best to answer all your questions quickly and in full!
We promise to do our best - Thanks for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)