What to expect from GODUS V1.3
GODUS is a-changin' - for example we're changing how and when you can sprog Followers from their Abodes and there's also changes to how Belief is generated, there's a major change in the landscape and also in resources and how you get them. God Powers are being changed, Collectible Cards are changing and oh yes, Treasure Chests and 'clicking' is also changing. All of these changes mean that we have to rebalance the entire game and this takes time. We could release what we have now but the issue we're having with save games would mean that it's a step backwards rather than forwards, so we believe it's wiser to spend the next 48 hours playing through the game (again) and making sure it's completely right and as delightful as it possible can be, before we update the version up on Steam. We have stopped adding new features and now we just have to finish it...it's only going to take a little while longer but it'll be worth the wait.
As part of all these upcoming changes you will also notice that your Homeworld looks somewhat different now. You'll be able to see the changes before you are prompted with two options. You will be given the option to re-start your Homeworld after this 'changing event' which admittedly is a frequently requested option by our players.
We love all of your feedback and take all of it extremely serious, since without it, we wouldn't be doing anyone any justice. We believe that we can only make GODUS the best it can be by listening to your feedback and suggestions. We've read every forum post, every email, every tweet, every comment, we have watched every Lets Play video and read all the comments on those too. That's a lot of reading by the way. And it's your feedback that has determined what's made it into the first content update V1.3, so…thank you.
Below you will find a list of some of the new and improved features, as well as bug fixes to be expected for V1.3. Please keep in mind these are tentative until we release the updated version.
GODUS V1.3 some of the new and improved features (tentatively):
- Enter the Bronze Age and era of agriculture
- 12 New Bronze age advances including Farming, Politics and Cartography.
- 8 New Resource cards to collect
- 8 New God Cards to collect
- New unlocks to increase your Area of Influence, speed up followers and cheaper settlements
- Unlock a new Farmer Follower and grow your civilisation through agriculture
- Farmers will grow crops outside of settlements for the population
- Crops are gathered to feed your population and advance your civilisation
- Choose the most fertile and efficient land for your crops
- Dynamic weather system where lightning storms will bombard your Homeworld, damaging Abodes not in a settlement
- Sprogging centralised within settlements rather than on individual Abodes
- Sprogging from Abodes only available when the Follower can travel to an available plot or Totem
- Abodes inside a settlement now have second stories (floors) allowing greater capacity and belief.
- Over 60 new chests added to Homeworld
- Entirely rebalanced multiplayer Armageddon mode
- New scrapbook hints
- Felt tents no longer produce belief and instead house more Followers and have faster Follower generation (breeding)
- Faster info bubbles
- New God Power icons
- Followers share their thoughts and needs via Prayers
Also important is making sure we look at your bug and crash reports. What happens is that we receive these via email on email@example.com and if you didn't include all the relevant information we would ask you for this before passing it onto our development team. Your emails with your save games etc… go straight into our internal bug tracking software and once it's been confirmed by our internal tester, the issue gets assigned to a programmer to fix. Most of these bug fixes below are direct results from what you've been telling us about. If your issue hasn't been fixed then it's most likely it will be fixed in a future update but feel free to get in touch again, you can find out how on http://support.22cans.com. We'll post more information about which bugs are fixed when we release V1.3.