STRETCH GOAL $20,000. All backers will get a free Lightning or 30 pin cable if stretch goal is hit.
The Ultimate Accessory for iPhone, iPad and iPod
Imagine using your iPhone or iPad for nearly two days straight without having to find an outlet to recharge. Imagine accessing every single one of your photos, songs, videos and documents from your iPhone, iPod or iPad without having to connect to Wi-Fi, use your data plan or manage your storage limits. MAZZO PowerDrive makes this possible.
- Never worry about running out of power while on a long flight or train ride again.
- Don’t lose important photos or videos.
- Access all your content no matter where you are.
A Mega USB Drive and a Battery in One Small Package
Created by one of the first teams of iOS app developers, PowerDrive combines an always-available backup battery (up to 40 hours of extra usage time) with massive storage capabilities (up to 128 GB).
As the world’s first device of its kind to be certified MFi by Apple (Apple’s unique certification for devices and hardware designed to work with iPhones, iPads and iPods), PowerDrive supports both Lightning and 30-pin cable connections.
PowerDrive also comes with easy-to-use iOS and Web-based apps so you can organize and manage your files from anywhere. With all this extra battery life, you won’t have to worry about your iOS device losing a charge during those important moments. Carry all of your photos, videos and files with you and never worry about freeing up space on your iPhone or iPad again.
Use with No Complicated Setup
Whether you need some extra juice while on the go, have to review a transcript for work or just want to carry all of your kid’s photos with you, PowerDrive makes it easy. Simply plug in your Lightning or 30-pin cable, press the button and go. The supporting app will automatically pop up and start backing up the content and charging your phone with no setup or passcode required. With the app, you can easily find and open your files with just a couple of taps. When connected, PowerDrive offers a transfer rate of 480Mbps so you can move files around quickly.
One of the wonderful things about your iPhone or iPad is that it lets you work, play and connect with your loved ones from anywhere. But it defeats the purpose when you need to haul bulky external hard drives, extra cables and clunky battery packs to keep your device running when you are away for an extended period of time. PowerDrive eliminates all of the extra bulk and spare cables that just turn in to a tangled mess in your bag. At less than half a pound in weight and about the size of a deck of playing cards, PowerDrive can easily slip into your purse, backpack, briefcase, glove compartment or pocket. Forget about extra cables: you just need one of the Lightning or 30-pin cables that came with your iPhone or iPad and you are good to go.
Manage Your Files Easily and Efficiently While on the Go
The team behind PowerDrive was one of the first groups to design iOS apps and has successfully developed apps for iPhone and iPad for several years. They’ve channeled their knowledge of iOS app development to create a seamless, simple file explorer for the PowerDrive app. With the app, you can easily manage all the files you’ve stored on your iPhone or iPad. Move documents, files and photos between your device and your PowerDrive with just a few taps. And if you find your iPhone or iPad is starting to slow down because your storage is nearly used up, easily move your files to your PowerDrive and get your device back to running at top speed. Curious about how the PowerDrive app works? It’s already available for free in the App Store. Download it today and give it a test for yourself. Want to back up files on your desktop or laptop computer? With the PowerDrive Web-based app, you can move files between your iOS device, your PowerDrive and your computer wirelessly.
Automatically Back Up Your Files
iOS devices make it easy to sync your files and data with the cloud, but nothing is perfect. Experts recommend that everyone maintain a backup of their files on an external hard drive. PowerDrive makes it easy to create and maintain a backup of all of your iOS files, including all of your photos and videos, simply by enabling the auto-backup setting. This function will back up all your files every time you plug the device in.
How does it Work?
PowerDrive uses top-quality components, including best-in-class USB connectors and a high-speed flash drive, to ensure durability. In addition, six battery protective technologies are applied to enhance the safety of the power charger. PowerDrive devices fully comply with the rigorous standards of Apple MFi testing.
More Product Shots
Why We Need Your Help
We need your help to finish the final lap of a very long race. We have successfully built and tested PowerDrive, we’ve gathered the needed components for our first production round and we have facilities in place to manufacture the devices. We need help with funding to accelerate the physical manufacturing of devices and to defray costs associated with bringing the devices to the North American market.
Who We Are
InfoThinker Inc. was founded by Phillip Wu and Feng Huajun in Los Angeles in 2008, the year that Apple released the iPhone SDK. As a pioneer in the field of iOS app development, our company has created and released several top apps for iPhone and iPad. We received MFi certification from Apple in 2009. The company hired Hunter Gu in 2010 to head our new brand, MAZZO, and extend our knowledge and passion for creating outstanding iOS apps to developing hardware for the devices. After four years of hard work and dedication, PowerDrive is the first release by MAZZO.
A Bit about Our Team
Phillip Wu, Founder, InfoThinker Inc.
A serial entrepreneur with 10 years of experience in the telecommunications and internet industry, Phillip started InfoThinker Inc. in 2008 after earning his master’s degree at the University of Southern California.
Hunter Gu, Founder and CEO, Mazzo Mobile
A former Apple Sales Manager, Hunter developed a passion for creating on the iOS platform. A self-proclaimed “born electronics guy,” Hunter has focused on developing and fine-tuning iOS apps and MFi-certified hardware.
Jiwei Han, Hardware Chief
A graduate of Qiqihar University, Jiwei Han has an extensive history of developing and producing original electronic gadgets. In addition to his passion for creating new gadgets, Jiwei is well versed in successful hardware development and firmware coding.
- $1: Receive email updates on PowerDrive and be the first to learn about our future product releases
- $20: Email updates PLUS an MFi-authenticated 30-pin or Lighting cable for your iPhone, iPad or iPod (Projected delivery: early Dec 2014.)
- $69: One white PowerDrive (16GB) for $30 off the retail price of $99. (Projected delivery: early Dec 2014.)
- $99: One white PowerDrive (32GB) for $30 off the retail price of $129. (Projected delivery: early Dec 2014.)
- $149: One white PowerDrive (64GB) for $50 off the retail price of $199. (Projected delivery: early Dec 2014)
- $249: One white PowerDrive (128GB) for $50 off the retail price of $299. (Projected delivery: early Dec 2014.)
- $449: A family pack of three PowerDrives including one 128GB White, one 64GB White and one 32GB White. $48 off the price of pledging separately. (Projected delivery: early Dec 2014.)
What We’ve Already Done
- April 2014: Completed our first PowerDrive sample device.
- May 2014: Refined the PowerDrive toolset and layout, conducted firmware debugging, produced the second PowerDrive sample device.
- June 2014: Conducted our first pilot run of 100 PowerDrive devices through manufacturing process.
- July 2014: Tested and debugged pilot run samples.
What We Still Need to Do
- October 1, 2014: Kickstarter campaign starts. Begin first production round (2,000 units).
- October 25, 2014: Quality control testing for initial production run (2,000 units).
- October 30, 2014: Kickstarter campaign concludes. Open web store for general orders. Prepare first units for shipment to backers. Begin second round of production (4,000 units).
- November 20, 2014: Begin quality control testing on second production round (4,000 units).
- November 25, 2014: Ship second production round. Begin third production round (4,000 units).
- December 15, 2014: Begin quality control testing on third production round (4,000 units).
- December 20, 2014: Ship third production round.
- External memory for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- Ability to move and copy files between local and external storage. Import photo library directly to external drive. Save photos to camera roll.
- Share documents via AirDrop. Open documents as well as mail files.
- Optimized photo browser for most common formats with a quick and smooth swipe.
- View most files directly on PowerDrive.
- Automatic and manual options to back up photos and videos.
- WiFi transfer between PC/Mac and PowerDrive via browser.
- Scan QR code to pair iPhone and PC for WiFi transfer.
- Stream videos/music directly from PowerDrive.
Supported file formats:
- Documents: TXT, HTML, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, PDF, DOC(X), XLS(X), PPT(X), RTF
- Images: BMP, TIF, TIFF, XBM, GIF, ICO, CUR, JPG, PNG
- Videos: MP4, MOV, M4V, MPG, AVI, MPV (DRM copyright videos purchased in iTunes store not playable).
- Music: AAC, AAC VBR, MP3, Apple lossless, WAV, AIF, AIFF, CAF, M4A
Compatible models: iPhone 6,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina Display, iPad 2, the new iPad, iPod touch (5th generation)
- Product name: MAZZO PowerDrive
- Product model: XK-P1–WHT/BLK
- Storage capacity: 16GB / 32GB / 64GB / 128GB
- Connectors: Standard USB 2.0, certified MFi Lightning connectors, certified MFi 30-pin connectors
- Battery type: Lithium-ion battery
- Battery capacity: 7800mAh, 29.64WH
- Input: DC 5V, 2A max
- Output 1: DC 5V, 2.1A max
- Output 2: DC 5V, 1A max
- Charge in: Approx. 5 hours
- Life cycle: Approx. 500 cycles
- Video playback: Up to 40 hours continuous playback time
- Protective Technology: Voltage output limit, voltage input limit, short-circuit breaker, charge limit, temperature control and device detection. Automatically stops charging upon overcharge, over-discharge, short circuit and overheat. Auto-off when devices are fully charged. (Only works with compatible models.)
- Dimensions: 110mm×66mm×22.5mm
- Weight: 213g
- Compatibility: iOS 6/iOS 7/iOS 8/Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 8/OS X 10.5 and above
- PowerDrive to PC/Mac Speed: 11MB/s (Read), 7MB/s (Write)
- PowerDrive to iPhone/iPad Speed: 5MB/s (Read), 4.5MB/s (Write) with Lightning iOS devices
*Apple is a trademark of Apple Inc. Microsoft Office is a trademark of Microsoft Office. PowerDrive is certified MFi by Apple but is not a product manufactured by Apple or Microsoft.
Risks and challenges
Risks and Challenges
We've prepared for almost two years to complete this technology before we brought this project to Kickstarter, including passing Apple’s MFi certification program, conducting a pilot production run and releasing the PowerDrive app in the App store. We have completed numerous tests on the performance, function and structure of the device and secured components to produce more than 6,000 devices. We believe that we are in an excellent position to bring this project across the finish line with your assistance. That said, every project can face uncertainty. Our main remaining challenges are:
• Delays of components for additional production runs
• An unforeseeable complication or delay in production
We are producing PowerDrive in an ISO9001-2008, ISO14001-2004 factory that also carries an MFi manufacturing license, audited by Apple. The factory has an outstanding track record for delivering top-quality products on time. All finished products are tested in a lab setting, including the device body set and the USB cables.
We are confident that we can deliver on time. If a delay does occur outside our control, we will provide an immediate update via email. In extreme cases, we will provide refunds.
- (30 days)