Death Inc. Day & Night Cycle
As the weekend rapidly approaches, we’re close to the end of our 5th day remaining. Yikes! There’s still everything to play for as we try to reach our target, but we still have a long way to go.
Thank you so much to those of you who have been spreading the word about Death Inc. please keep it up, it really has been making a difference. The #SaveOurSouls campaign we launched a few days ago is going well, but we still need you to keep telling people about our awesome game. For those of you that want Death Inc. profile images for Twitter and Facebook this link is your friend.
Anyway, onto today’s update! I sat down earlier with Adam and Dan, who have both been busy working away on a dynamic day and night cycle with a few other nice touches and surprises thrown in.
Having a day/night cycle in Death Inc. is incredibly exciting as there is a lot of gameplay that comes with it. We can build specific challenges and events that only occur at set times of day, soldiers and militia will find it harder to spot your infected horde at night and you'll also have to be wary of any torch carrying humans, as fire and infection do not mix well!
A day and night cycle also has great implications for the simulation; villagers and soldiers will go to bed when it gets dark, so there will be less targets to infect than during the day (although nothing is stopping you from attacking a building and infecting any slumbering peasants).
A day and night cycle also gives the player additional things to consider as they try out different tactics – Is it better to attack during the day when there are more people around to infect (and therefore more chance to build up a greater force) or should the player use the cover of darkness and avoid skirmishes but risk having a smaller army. There is a lot to experiment with!
We have also added a new section onto the main page that lists all the additional add-ons you purchase. So be sure to check that out if you're interested in getting hold of the Death Inc. design doc, soundtrack, extra copies of the game, future expansions etc...
Thank you once again to anyone new joining us today, we still have a lot of great things planned next week as we approach the end of our Kickstarter. So keep spreading the word and remember #SaveOurSouls!
seconds to go
Pledge £1 or moreYou selected
You'll get our undying thanks! We'll print your name out, stick it on the wall and look to you whenever we need inspiration.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £10 or moreYou selected
1485 backers Limited (8515 left of 10000)
- - - -Early bird discount of £15 tier!- - - - - - - - - - [Approx $16 / €12] - - - - - - - -Estimated delivery:
Pledge £15 or moreYou selected
- - - - - - - - Pigeon Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $20 / €15] - - - - - - - Thanks! You'll get a digital download of the game on release and access to the exclusive backer forums.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £25 or moreYou selected
676 backers Limited (324 left of 1000)
- - - -Early bird discount of £30 tier!- - - - - - - - - - [Approx $40 / €30] - - - - - - -Estimated delivery:
Pledge £30 or moreYou selected
- - - - - - - - Villager Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $48 / €36] - - - - - - - Have your name immortalised as a villager in the game! You'll get exclusive access to the Death Inc Beta test (approx. August 2013) and a Kickstarter-only in-game statue for Grim's office. Includes everything in the £15 tier.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £40 or moreYou selected
- - - - - - Alpha Villager Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $62 / €46] - - - - - - Be the first to play Death Inc! Get access to the exclusive Alpha test, expected June 2013. Includes everything in the £30 tier.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £45 or moreYou selected
IF YOU PREVIOUSLY PLEDGED AT THIS LEVEL YOU NOW GET MORE STUFF - SEE BELOW--------------------------------- Digital Villager Edition! -------------------- [Approx $68 / €52] ------- You'll get everything in the £40 tier PLUS an extra digital copy of the game (to make TWO!), a digital copy of the soundtrack, a digital copy of the art book and a digital copy of the Death Inc. comic. -------------------------------------------------- A ready to print and make papercraft figure of Grim T Livingstone + A digital design doc revealing the dark art that is game design at Ambient Studios!Estimated delivery:
Pledge £45 or moreYou selected
75 backers Limited (2 left of 77)
- - - - - Digital Villager Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $70 / €52] - - - - - - You'll get everything in the £40 tier PLUS an extra digital copy of the game (to make TWO!), a digital copy of the soundtrack, a digital copy of the art book and a digital copy of the Death Inc. comic.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £50 or moreYou selected
- - - - Wish You Were Here Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $72 / €54] - - - - - - - Be the envy of your friends and receive a boxed copy of Death Inc including an exclusive pack of custom Death Inc playing cards. Plus you'll get a set of Death Inc "Wish You Were Here" postcards and stickers. Includes everything in the £40 tier.Estimated delivery:Add £5 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £65 or moreYou selected
100 backers All gone!
- - - -Early bird discount of £75 tier! - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $105 / €78] - - - - - - -Estimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £75 or moreYou selected
- - - - - - - - Poxed Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $120 / €90] - - - - - - That's fighting talk: You're upgraded to having a soldier named after you in the game! You'll get the Death Inc. art book, a physical copy of the soundtrack and free access to all future expansions. You'll also get everything else in the £50 tier.Estimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £100 or moreYou selected
- - - - - - - -Scythed Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $160 / €120] - - - - - - You're upgraded! Your name used as an important target for infection in a level! You'll get an upgraded Special Edition copy of the game signed by the team - including 'old school' game box, printed manual, map and a high-quality print of the Death Inc. comic. You'll also get a Death Inc. T-shirt, your name in the credits and everything else in the £75 tier.Estimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £250 or moreYou selected
- - - - - - - -Epidemic Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $400 / €298] - - - - - - You're upgraded to become a bonus target for Death Inc employees to reap, and you'll help us design the setting and short backstory for the event. Plus you'll get a large high quality Death Inc poster and a deluxe Hardback art book upgrade, both signed by the team and everything else in the £100 tier.Estimated delivery:Add £10 to ship outside the UK
Pledge £500 or moreYou selected
- - - - - - Jolly Barkeep Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $800 / €595] - - - - - - Ever fancied owning a pub? You'll get to name an in-game tavern, help design its sign and be named the proprietor. You'll get a custom print of your pub's sign and everything else in the £250 tier.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £1,000 or moreYou selected
6 backers Limited (4 left of 10)
- - - - Name Not A Number Edition! - - - - - - - - [Approx $1600 / €1190] - - - - - Congratulations, you're a Death Inc. employee! Work with us to design your character's look and backstory. You'll get a unique piece of signed and framed concept art of your character! Also you'll get a custom writing set, including a Death Inc. wax seal, sealing wax, parchment, quill and ink. Plus you'll also get your name in the Special Thanks credits of the game and everything else in the £250 tier.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £2,000 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (10 left of 10)
- - - - - - Yes My Lord Edition! - - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $3038 / €2322] - - - - Always wanted a title, British style? You'll be a nobleman in Death Inc! Together we'll design your coat of arms and livery, and the world will see it in the castle or fort your character owns. Choose your title (e.g. Earl, Lord, Archbishop) and we'll create a character in your likeness, and send you a signed and framed piece of unique concept art of Lord You! ---------------------NOT ONLY THAT! -----------------------You'll also get a studio visit to see the game being made and for a day long workshop with the team - see how each department works, check out the amazing animation, crazy code, fantastic design and departments and get guided through what we do to make great games. Travel to the UK not included, but a great lunch with the team is + everything else in the £1000 tier.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £3,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
- - - - - - -A WHOLE HOUSE EDITION!- - - - - - - - - [Approx $4511/€3460] - - - - - - - - This is a one off model of GRIM T LIVINGSTONE'S house - a mini masterpiece in wood and clay! The house is approx 2ft high, 2ft wide and 1ft deep. Each room has been carefully crafted - gaze in wonder upon the teeny bathroom complete with noose flush and plush bath mats, visit Grim's living room and browse his book collection. Explore the attic and then light the whole thing up at the flick of a switch. There's no doubt that you will be impressed with the level of craftsmanship on display by our artist Jon Eckersley. All the amazing stuff in the £1000 tier will be yours as well.Estimated delivery:
Pledge £5,000 or moreYou selected
1 backer All gone!
- - - - - - -Your Grace Edition!- - - - - - - - - - - [Approx $8000 / €5950] - - - - - Now is your time to rule, highness! You are the king or queen in the game: Grim T. Livingstone's prime target! Help design your character and the national coat of arms which will be seen throughout the game. You'll also get a one-off oil portrait of your 17th century likeness. You'll get a studio visit too and everything else in the £1000 tier.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)