The story of Everglow has been expanding since we first Kickstarted the original book three years ago. The campaign and its non-standard races have brought joy and adventure to gaming tables across the world and we are proud to have created a series of products that are loved by so many.
This project is all about converting the core books to fit another game system and adding fun new content for ponies to enjoy. In this case, the 5th edition of one of the oldest and most popular roleplaying games around, Dungeons & Dragons! You'll get the same setting and stories you love now, converted to 5th edition, polished, and rebuilt from the ground up with class focuses, spells, and other exciting options made for Everglow.
What is Ponyfinder? It's a game set in its own world, Everglow, where fey creatures that resemble ponies, griffons, goats, hellhounds, dragons, and other creatures have developed and grown over time. They have never lived in an idyllic world, and most of their societies reflect this. Their past, current, and future are bathed in conflict, but, unlike standard worlds, we never get lost in that darkness, and it's never grim for the sake of it. Everything has a purpose.
There are no 'purely good' gods or 'purely evil' gods. They all play a part in the pantheons they serve, some simply shine brighter than others. The Sun Queen would have us act well and nobly for example, but she does not turn her back on the darker aspects of her peers.
Ponyfinder provides you the rules and mechanics you need to play ponies and their friends in a fantasy tabletop RPG setting.
We love working with our fans to make them a part of our creation process so we are giving backers the chance to leave an imprint on our world! You can be the pony (or griffon, or steelheart, or...) that invented a new spell, piece of magical equipment, feat, or other similar gear for stalwart adventures to arm themselves with.
One non-mechanical item that will change from the core book to this book is the characters. While such ponies would certainly still exist, several have classes and kits that just don't appear in 5th edition, so a clean break for this edition of the book, featuring heroes built with this system in mind, seems the most prudent course to take. We are excited to rebuild our world and give it all the attention it deserves. We hope you will join us on our latest adventure in bringing ponies to Dungeons & Dragons.
But what will we do after we get the minimal amount needed to convert the book? That's just the start!
Paypal and outside Kickstarter funds: $155
- $30,000 - Send the explorers out further than ever before, past the human lands, to where curious other creatures reside. Of black and white, they seem as calm as they are striking. Many seem to simmer with latent elemental forces. We could learn so much from them... This goal will add these curious panda-like people to the book!
- $26,000 - These tricks didn't come out of nowhere. Let's add a section of places of learning, by they professional institutions or collections of peers. From wizard schools to military academies, druid circles, or Bob's Adventure Hut. Where you learn tricks matter as much as what you learned.
- $24,000 - Let there be magic! This goal unlocks a collection of spells for varied classes for both 5e and Pathfinder for Tactics of Everglow.
- $22,000 - Racial Write-up: A secondary race of Everglow gets added to Tactics of Everglow and the backers will have a chance to vote who makes the cut. Will it be the stubborn donkeys, the proud and powerful yaks, the peaceful cows, or some other species? They will be made for both 5e and Pathfinder, of course, with supporting feats and traits.
- $20,000 - Add feats, traits, and backgrounds to Tactics of Everglow to grow your character, or nemesis, in unique ways to save the day, or threaten it entirely.
- $18,000 - A collection of beasts will be added to Tactics of Everglow to test your latest skills against, as well as new and varied items for use both by the enemies and champions of Everglow.
- $16,000 - Add pregens to Tactics of Everglow, both the original Champions of Everglow and their 5e versions that don't exist yet.
- $14,000 - Tactics of Everglow, a NEW book filled with class archetypes for Pathfinder and class specializations for 5th edition and provide a print home for the elementalist class (currently exists only as PDF)
At $30 or higher tier, you will receive a PDF of every stretch goal reached. The physical versions of these books will be separate addons.
Risks and challenges
This is far from our first Kickstarter. We will get this done and in your eager hands! We have artists, layout and editing available and there should be nothing that gets in the way of completing this book and getting everyone what they purchased.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)