The Video Equations system utilises the power of mathematics to yield
rippling lo-fi seas of colour, acid trip roguelikes, glitching fractals, visions of an 80's techno dream and worlds of crashing computer programs, all from a single, beautiful unit.
Equally at home in the studio, lab or on the road this colour video system is ready for take off!
- 16 colours, hundreds of characters and symbols
- 20+ different equation archetypes each with two modifier sliders and a colour depth control for literally millions of unique stable or evolving visuals
- colour and character offset knobs for even more control and variation of output
- 4+ variable size masks, each with an invert function and mask fill options
- 9v battery or wall wart operation (wall wart not included)
- 7 X 0-5v CV inputs for modular control of all sliders and knobs
- picture mute and equation hold functions for expanded live use
- composite NTSC or PAL output (select at end of campaign) The jack on the synth is BNC but comes with an RCA adapter.
Kit and build options:
Available as a fully built and tested unit or as a DIY kit with all the components (all thru-hole components). Both kit and built unit come with a rugged acrylic and plywood base.
Risks and challenges
Supply and Demand:
This is my second Kickstarter and one of many products I have produced, I'm experienced with supply chains and have set aside time to deliver these rewards.
Hold ups on parts:
All of the parts I have chosen to use in this project are locally available. I will be using local suppliers for all but four of the parts in the Video Equations, I also have identified local backup suppliers for the components in case of delays caused by international suppliers.
The company I have selected has an eight day manufacturing guarantee, if for any other reason they are unable to print the boards I have a range of alternative PCB manufacturers lined up.
- (30 days)