Forget-Me-Not (FMN) is a progressive roleplaying game experience that plays in about three hours, though longer games are an option. It can be played with or without a gamemaster, but requires at least three players.
Set in the fictional town of Gator Creek, FL, FMN allows players to take on the roles of various key figures in town — the Sheriff, the Town Drunk, the Mom who leave her kids in the car, the Guy who Tattoos his face, etc. — but no one controls any of the characters. Each scene is played differently from the last. In each scene, players take on alternate roles and focus on varying aspects of the town, while exploring the confusing and weird behaviors of the people unaffected by Joe Bob’s death.
This game is obviously inspired by the ongoing stupid of Florida. While the story opens with a death (and there can be more), it's supposed to be fun and funny. The game comes with 15 characters, but you only use 8 to 10 per game. And how they are arranged on the table affects the story. I'm not good enough at math to tell you how many times you can replay it, but it's more than 4.
- Rules to one of the coolest game mechanics I've ever designed.
- 15 characters and 15 story lines for lots and lots of replay.
- A chance to be in the game
The art I want to get this time is not cheap. Also. Meth is not cheap. Most of the money is going to art.
Here's a sample character. He needs new art.
Here's a sample story card. The sign needs to be updated to Gator Creek.
It's a roleplaying game. You are a character in said game. You take turns setting up scenes and playing characters. The game ends when all the story cards are covered because you've played in a lot of scenes.
Am I going to fast?
- 50 Backers. +1 story cards.
- $800. +1 character cards.
- 75 Backers. +1 story cards.
- $1000. +1 character cards. Free PDF for backers at $25 or more.
- 88 Backers. +1 story cards.
- 100 Backers. +1 story cards
- $1200. +1 character cards. Free PDF for backers at $25 or more.
- $1500. +1 character cards, +1 story cards. +1 additional special character only available to kickstarter backers. Art by Jennell Jaquays.
- $1750. Free PDF for all backers.
- $2000. I release an entire second bank of characters for the 1st game (using the original art a second time). All backers get these additional characters for free.
- $2250. Free PDF for all backers.
- $2500. I release an entire second bank of character for the Florida game (using the original art a second time). All backers get these additional characters for free.
- $3000. ?
Risks and challenges
This game is already complete. You are helping me pay for art.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)