Lords of the Cosmos is back for the second issue ... bigger, badder and more dangerous than the first issue, so strap in for adventure again!
This project is always been a labor of love for everyone that's worked on it and we are very excited to make another amazing book. The second issue keeps telling exciting stories while continuing to "world build" in the magical, mystical world of Aiden for all of our readers to explore and enjoy!
So just like we asked you for the first issue, sit back in your comfy couch with your favorite snacks and soda and settle in and check out Lords of the Cosmos issue #2... you won't regret it Thanks for joining us again on this 1980's Adventure
The creators of Lords of the Cosmos
Jason, Dennis and Jason
Thanks for asking, here is the overview!
We're raising money to complete Lords of the Cosmos #2 another jam-packed issue of comic mayhem for fans of 1980s action adventure properties. This isn't just a comic - it's a super sized massive jumbo comic - actually more like a small graphic novel! The new issue will have 44 interior pages comprised of part two of the main story (17 pages) , which is continuing from the first issue, as well as three new short stories (22 pages in total) covering different aspects of the world we've created. We also have several pin-ups and four variant covers on this issue. Finally, we have more Lords of the Cosmos original artwork and of course sketch covers! Is that enough for you maniacs?
So what are the stories in Lords of the Cosmos #2?
The main story picks up immediately were issue one left off with Umex and his armies attacking the civilian population of Aiden to draw out the Lords of the Cosmos who are now in hiding. Art by Lenox, Story by Fallon.
"Knight's Out" goes into detail about the origins of Obsidia, the fall of the Rainbow Knights and Obsidia's relationship with Umex. Art by Kaulakis, Story by D.W. Kann and Lenox
"A Name Matters" Goes into detail about how new members join the Disciples of Umex. Art by Newbold, Story by Fallon.
"The Scream" gives an scary look at how the villainous Decaptor builds his collection of heads as one of Umex's henchmen. Art by Freistuhler, Story by Fallon.
One of the new wrinkles we've added to the second issue is it will have four variant covers that you can get as a reward. Arists that worked on the variants are Jason Lenox, Livio Ramondelli (IDW- Transformers artist!), Bill McKay (Zombie Tramp), and David Newbold!
One of the exciting parts of a project like this is getting some of your friends to contribute pinups for the book. We were really lucky to get our friends Robert Hack (Archie, Sabrina), Matt Triano, and Welly Loc to contribute to Lords of the Cosmos issue #2.
Just like the last Kickstarter we're going to have some really exciting rewards including...original art pages, sketch covers, custom made toys and alternate covers. New on this Kickstarter we're going to offer original art from Dave Newbold pages, and commission art by Jason Lenox. And no, we didn't forget.... the upcoming Jason Lenox 2018 convention tour t-shirt!
And we will open up the opportunity to be in a future issue at a great price- are any of you brave enough for the challenge?
Finally- gallery links for Jason and David's original arwork that is available as rewards in this kickstarter...
Stretch Goal- If Lords of the Cosmos #2 goes over $5000, every backer at the $5 and above will receive a laptop sticker as an extra!
Just like issue #1, this is a comic created by professionals - we take this seriously, even though we're having fun. The project creators come from around the world, all united under the Lords Of The Cosmos banner. Below is our personal rogue's gallery:
- Jason Lenox - co-creator/pencils main story/cover inks- LOTC #2 is Jason's 6th comic book. He has done work for independent comics, roleplaying games, freelance projects, as well as having art appear in an independent tribeca film. He specializes in horror, sci fi and dark fantasy artwork
- Dennis Fallon- co- creator/writer- Dennis is a Hollywood Screenwriter and author. He is the co-creator of "Plague" from Markosia UK comics.
- Jason Palmatier - co-creator/writer/letterer - Jason is a science fiction author from State College, PA. His short fiction can be found in the anthology Clockwork Universe: Steampunk vs Aliens. Jason is co-creator of the epic historical fantasy series "Plague" and is currently finishing off his near-future, sci-fi novel, War Mind DF Marin - main story/cover inks
- Dani Kaulakis - cover colors and layout, "Knights Out" art
- Dave Sharpe- letterer, pinup artist
- Joe Freistuhler- "The Scream" artist
- Dave Newbold- "A Name Matters" artist
- Livio Ramondelli- alternate cover artist
- D.W. Kann- Writer "Knights Out"
- Bill McKay- pinup artist
- Robert Hack- Interior cover artist
- Matt Triano- pinup artist
- Joe Palumbo- pinup artist
- Welly Loc- pinup artist
- Jesse Heagy- colorist on McKay cover
- Enrico Carnevale- Kickstarter header illustrations
- Erich Adie- custom toy creation
- Keith Krick - toy photography
- Jared Brown - toy packaging graphic design
- Alex Herr- Kickstarter advertment graphic design
- Norman Benford- proofreader, editor, marketing support, kickstarter guru
Risks and challenges
As usual the risks on this project are minimal. As of January 2018 now Lords of the cosmos Issue Number 2 is about 90% completed. This is my 9th Kickstarter and the prior 8 were all completed successfully and on time.
I hope you join in and support Lords of the Cosmos #2 in 2018!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)