About this project
New Stretch Goal!
If we raise $1,200 everyone who pledges $30 or more will receive a custom 1x8 LEGO brick with the words "Beyond the Brick" engraved in it! If you have already pledged more than $30 you will automatically receive an engraved brick once we hit $1,200.
Why are we doing this?
We came up with the idea for this project after talking to the incredible fans of LEGO who were not able to attend a LEGO convention. We hope to bring you an in-depth look at builders and their creations at Brickworld Chicago 2013.
The Beyond The Brick show is hosted by Joshua Hanlon and Matthew Kay. The show features weekly online interviews with LEGO builders from around the world.
What's included on the DVD?
- Over 90 minutes of high quality edited content
- Convention floor builder interviews
- Guided tour of the displays at Brickworld Chicago
- Creative LEGO building technique ideas from some of the world's top builders
- Video inside Brickworld Chicago events
- Discussions with builders about how they prepare and set up for Brickworld Chicago
- Anything else that catches our eye at the convention
Check out the rewards!
- The main reward is a high quality DVD with all of our content from Brickworld Chicago 2013. This DVD will not be available after the event and is exclusive to this Kickstarter project.
- An episode of our Beyond the Brick show recorded with your favorite LEGO builder. We'll do our best to have your builder of choice on the show; but we can't guarantee they will agree to come on.
- Your first OR last name built with LEGO bricks by famous LEGO builder Tyler Clites.
What are you helping support?
- Equipment such as lights, cameras, ETC.
- Supplies like ink and DVDs.
- All of the awesome rewards we are offering!
A look at our past work...
Brickworld Fort Wayne 2012
Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club Show
First LEGO League event
Beyond The Brick show
Note: Beyond The Brick is not affiliated with The LEGO Group or Brickworld, LLC.
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge will be traveling with our video gear to Brickworld Chicago 2013 and interviewing as many of the incredible builders as we can.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)