About this project
We just passed our second stretch goal and are very excited to announce a bonus stretch goal!
$2,500 - Everyone who gives at the $20 level or above will receive a link for an HD download of all our Brickworld content.
What's this all about?
Through Beyond The Brick, co-hosts Joshua Hanlon and Matthew Kay conduct weekly video interviews with LEGO fans from across the United States and around the world. Joshua and Matthew have decided to step out from behind the computer screen and into the real world to bring you coverage from Brickworld Chicago 2014!
LEGO conventions like Brickworld Chicago allow LEGO fans from across the country and the world to gather in one location for a weekend to share their passion for the brick. As much as we all would like to go to every LEGO convention ever, the cost and time involved in accomplishing such a feat means that most people are only able to experience these events by the images and videos that other fans post online.
If you can't make it to Brickworld Chicago but want to get an inside peek into what the convention was like then this project is for you! Even if you were able to attend Brickworld Chicago, our DVD will provide you with a nice memento from the event. Who knows, you or your creations might even be in it!
What's on the DVD?
- Over 2 hours of high quality edited videos from the Brickworld convention floor
- One on one interviews with some of the world's most talented LEGO builders
- A guided tour of the the whole Brickworld Chicago convention hall
- Creative LEGO building technique ideas from some of the world's top builders
- Video coverage of different convention events like the speed-build and the LEGO grand prix
- Get an inside peek into how builders prepare and set up for Brickworld Chicago
- Plus anything and everything else that catches our eye at the convention
- The goal of this project is to raise funds to produce a DVD containing our coverage of Brickworld Chicago 2014, as such our main goal is to pre-sell DVDs.
- We've also partnered with some luminaries of the LEGO community to offer you a slew of special rewards!
- Limited edition LEGO Batman comic signed by LEGO comic artist Paul Lee.
- Two micro castle builds by the talented David Frank and Alice Finch.
- Have your character rendered in the brick by Iain Heath aka "Ochre Jelly."
Once we achieve and exceed our funding goals, we'll add in these amazing rewards!
$1,500 - Everyone who gives $30 or more will receive a one of a kind Frog Pod built by Simon Liu!
$2,000 - Everyone who supports the project at the $30 level or above will receive a Frog Pod and a special Minifig skull piece produced by Guy Himber of Crazy Bricks!
Where do the funds from this project go?
- Equipment such as lights, cameras, and microphones to record video.
- Supplies like jewel cases and discs to produce a DVD that we can send to you.
- We'll also be using the money we raise to get all of our other fabulous rewards out.
Check out some of our videos from Brickworld Chicago 2013!
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge will be interviewing as many incredible builders and capturing as much video of the event as we can.
If we do a good job getting lots of video, we'll then have the challenge of editing everything into something fantastic for you to watch! This part is sure to require a lot of coffee.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)