Sharitabl is a Social Network for Good!
Our initiative is built around the idea that the content we create belongs to all of us, and the revenue it produces should be shared, and used for good.
Imagine what $1 Billion dollars a month could do for humanity and our planet...
Our mission is to shift revenue from "The Social Network", a.k.a [ f ] and move it to charitable causes determined by our users.
Together, we can truly make a difference.
Have you ever wondered what exactly "The Social Network" does, to justify all that revenue?
The answer may surprise you, "not a whole heck of a lot"
The social networking behemoth earns over a BILLION dollars every month, by hosting a platform where you and I post our profiles, and share our lives with our friends and contacts. They're not building rockets, solving world hunger, or curing diseases. They're just hosting a platform. Their enormous value resides with You, and Me (Us).
Their financial empire has been built on the backs of our friends, and they continue to use our social reach to rake in huge profits.
To quote Kevin O'Leary of Shark Tank - Maybe it's time to: "Stop The Madness!!"
Sharitabl is just like "The Social Network", only with a MAJOR difference!! We're passing the majority of the ad revenue on to charities and global causes selected by our users.
We do not collect donations, or promote individual charities. We simply forward our earned revenue to charitable causes determined by You (our users).
By doing this, we can make a huge difference, and help millions of people around the world.
By switching to Sharitabl, you'll enjoy the same features that you have come to expect from your favorite social networking platform, and BEST OF ALL, you'll be helping to find cures for diseases, solving environmental issues, and fighting world hunger, just to name a few.
"Individually we're a drop, but together we're an ocean." This is the philosophy that drives our business model.
"The Social Network" earns an average of about $1 to $2 per user, per month, in ad revenue. Individually, it's not a significant number, but added together, it's HUGE!! - Imagine if all that went for GOOD, instead of in their pockets!!
Here's how it works:
Support our initiative here, and then switch to Sharitabl when we launch. That's pretty much it. You'll enjoy all the same features:
- Your customized personal, or business profile pages
- Post pictures & videos
- Gain "Hearts" (similar to "Likes")
- Status updates
- Security settings
- Custom URL's. http://sharitabl.com/your-name
- News Feeds
- Best of All - You'll vote on your favorite charities!! You determine where the donations are sent.
Distributing our revenue
We share social revenues that come from third party ads, sponsorship's and partnerships. Once we gain enough users and economics are created through advertising, Sharitabl will retain a small amount to maintain the platform, and the majority of the earned revenue will be distributed to the charities selected by our users. Funds will be distributed every month based on our overall earnings for that month. (View The Sharitabl Pledge)
How are the Organizations that receive our donations determined?
Our users will determine who will receive the monthly donations by voting for their favorite charities, foundations, and global causes each month from The Sharitabl 100 list.
The Sharitabl 100
The Sharitabl 100 is a list of 100 charities or causes that will be listed on our platform for users to vote on. These are the charities that will have the opportunity to receive our monthly donations. The Sharitabl 100 will be determined by our Backers, prior to our official launch.
Sharitabl Top 25
The Sharitabl Top 25 are the charities or causes that will receive the monthly funds distributions. Once we go live, all Sharitabl users will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite charities from The Sharitabl 100 list. The top 25 out of the 100 receiving the most votes will be the ones receiving the funds distributions. Votes will be submitted and calculated monthly, and funds will distributed monthly.
Users will be able to see their votes tallied in real time with our Live Vote Tracker, posted on the home page.
As we scale, we will consider additions to the Sharitabl voting list based on users requests, and we will also increase the number of charitable organizations receiving donations.
The distributions will be determined in order of the most user votes, and will look something like this:
- Rank #1: will receive 18% of the total funds
- Rank #2: will receive 14% of the total funds
- Rank #3: will receive 12% of the total funds
- Rank #4: will receive 9% of the total funds
- Rank #5: will receive 8% of the total funds
- Rank #6: will receive 7% of the total funds
- Rank #7: will receive 6% of the total funds
- Rank #8: will receive 5% of the total funds
- Rank #9: will receive 4% of the total funds
- Rank #10: will receive 2% of the total funds
- Rank #11-25: will receive 1% each of the total funds
- Each user can vote for their top 3 favorite charities, or causes from The Sharitabl 100 list. (Choice #1 = 1 vote, Choice #2 = .5 vote, Choice #3 = .25 vote. All 3 choices must be different.)
- Each Sharitabl user will have the opportunity to cast their vote once per month (anytime during the month)
- If a user does not cast a vote for the new month, then their previous (last months) vote will be applied.
- In addition to voting, users can suggest a Charity or Foundation to be add to The Sharitabl voting list.
- Big Hearts: The bigger your heart the better. Users who have large followings, and more "Hearts" (a.k.a. more "Likes") will enjoy some additional benefit's with regards to suggesting and adding new charities to the Sharitabl voting list. We're working out the details and will provide more information as it becomes available.
- Votes are calculated every month. The total votes and rankings will be listed on the "Live Vote Tracker" on our home page in real time. You can see your votes add up the minute you cast them.
If you've ever had the desire to do something good, or to help out in some way, but weren't exactly sure how, this is your perfect opportunity. Sharitabl is free, and always be! We do not promote any specific charities, or collect donations from our users - ever. We simply provide a social platform that belongs to all of us, and share our revenue with causes that you believe in, and you choose.
Support Sharitabl, And Help Us Help The World!
T-Shirts for our backers
Risks and challenges
When we meet our funding goal, we project to go live within 3 months.
Use of funds
The money we raise will fund the development, and infrastructure of our web based application and our integration with our partners. If we beat our target we can expand our infrastructure and hire the people we'll need to develop Sharitabl on other platforms. We've targeted the "minimally viable" feature set for the funding amount. This is the minimum needed to literally "kickstart" the vision.
Why do you need the money?
You would be helping to kickstart development and server resources. With our current resources it will be a serious challenge to build the platform in a reasonable amount of time, and reach a meaningful number of users. But if there were several hundred influencer's like you contributing $10-$100 each, that's the beginnings of a solid network. Once we hit a few thousand we'll be unstoppable. And a funded Kickstarter project has a way of attracting attention and building a following.
How do we know you will actually get this launched?
Because I have the skill set and track record, and just plain *motivation*, and *Passion* to get this done.
Here's the kicker: I've got a full time job as a husband, and father of two. I continue to lead my venture-backed startup imgr, while focusing the majority of my time on bringing in applications development work in order to pay the mortgage, and put food on the table. My goal is to accelerate the timeline of launch as well as ensure launch success. And I need to create more time for Sharitabl. This will help me to laser focus my efforts on building a quality platform in a reasonable amount of time.
I am an optimist, but I'm also a realist. I understand that getting people to leave, "The Social Network", and move to Sharitabl is an enormous task. But with your backing and support, I'm confident that we will succeed, and will be able to help millions of people going forward.
Our ultimate success will rely on the human spirit. We have the technological capability to build a robust platform, and if people are willing to shift for the benefit of humanity, then we are sure to succeed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)