Voyage is a bi-annual travel magazine crafted by undergraduate students at the University of Washington.
With stories and photos that span from our home turf, the Pacific Northwest, and across the world, we seek to inspire adventure and increase cultural and geographic awareness.
Our 4th issue, the Perspective Issue, strives to highlight individuals whose stories have been historically neglected and continue to go largely unpublished. We hope this issue of Voyage offers new perspectives on travel and captures the importance of representation.
On February 21st at 7 pm, we will be hosting a free screening of An American Ascent, a documentary that follows the first all African American climbing expedition to summit Denali. A Q&A session will follows afterwards with Adina Scott and Rosemary Saal, two incredible hikers who will tell us more about the importance of representation and women leadership in the outdoors!
Our team has grown over the past two years and we've been joined by some new faces. We all boast distinct skills from programming to financial management, but we have all found solace and excitement in exploring the world. Putting our forces together, we’ve curated a magazine that focuses on those converging interests.
Learn more about our individual team members.
Like all past issues, this one also couldn't have happened without your ongoing support. Our past photography panels, hikes, and launch parties have gathered a community of amazing artists, travelers, and adventurers who are always ready for more!
Cool things we've done:
- Published in Elliot Bay Bookstore, Bulldog News, and UW Bookstore
- Hosted photo panels with prominent photographers Scott Kranz and Andrew Kearns
- Partnered with BlackRapid, Evo, SIFF, and other local companies
- Held 2 photography competitions for the UW community with over 200 submissions
To everyone who has supported us this far, we are so grateful; to those who have shared your stories and trusted us with a piece of your heart, we thank you.
Instagram // @Voyage_UW // #VoyageUW
A big thank you to Wells Fargo and the UW Alumni Association for sponsoring our issue.
Risks and challenges
Thank you for your interest in Voyage's 4th issue. As with all productions on Kickstarter, there are certain risks and challenges to be addressed should you decide to contribute to our project.
1. Changes in supplier: For this issue, we have decided to partner with a new supplier, Girlie Press. Girlie Press is a seasoned veteran in the printing industry and have been specializing in print for a long time. We are excited to work with them and strive to ensure quality magazines be produced for our contributors.
2. Delays in shipment: Voyage continues our usual on-campus distribution. In addition, we also constantly strive to push out shipments and mailings in an orderly and timely fashion. However, we do apologize for any delay in shipments. The Voyage team would be in contact upon project completion to ensure a smooth process.
We look forward to having the magazine out for everyone. Do reach out should there be any concerns.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)