Art House collides headlong into Grind House in three provocative SUPERNATURAL TALES designed to tantalize and make ya' tingle.
MONSTERS! WITCHES! BARBARIANS! OH MY.
- A young barbarian enters a forbidden temple to rescue the love of his life, with unexpected consequences.
- An ambitious King must face down 3 evil Witches... and the power of Satan himself.
- An Elderly Blind Woman is all that stands between a rampaging Kaiju and the total destruction of Tokyo in the steampunk industrial age.
32 interior story pages of lavish, full color artwork in a luxurious 8" x 10.5" inch slick magazine.
CAULDRON is a unique co-operative publishing venture led by SHANE HERON (Morris), RICKY LIMA (Happily Ever Aftr), and SAM NOIR (Zip Kramer). With an incredible team of artistic collaborators that includes CASEY PARSONS (Blood Moon), ROBERT FREEMAN, and MATTHEW TAVARES.
We have a vision of a creative playground that showcases art and storytelling in a larger page size than the average comic book. Using a genre that gives the creators involved as much freedom as possible to realize their respective unfiltered visions.
Inspired by the quality and format of European Bande Dessinée, and comics magazines that dominated the newsstands of our youth, including Heavy Metal, Epic Illustrated, Savage Sword of Conan, Creepy, Eerie, and Vampirella, we are curating an artist-centric, full color magazine with the utmost care and craft.
A modest goal of $999 has been set, to print 150 copies.
Our printing will be fulfilled by STUDIOCOMIX. A dependable printer specializing in small print runs for indy comics creators, whom we've all had positive prior business with on a number of projects. They are known for their attention to detail and friendly customer-driven service.
STORIES FEATURED IN THIS VOLUME:
- THE SUN RISES ON EDO. by Robert Freeman, Matthew Tavares, and Sam Noir
- A KING'S HEART. by Casey Parsons and Ricky Lima.
- THE MONKS OF RAHL VUPAKA by Shane Heron.
We also have talented artists producing single page images for us.
RB White, an artist that has appeared in Heavy Metal Magazines, has provided us with this striking Back Cover painting:
Jason Tocewicz (know by many as the Barista who draws caricatures on coffee cups), previews Haunted Memories a ghost story that is slated to appear in an upcoming volume of Cauldron Magazine.
- $5. Digital Copy of CAULDRON Magazine
- $10. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine.
- $20. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + a sketch by Ricky Lima or Sam Noir.
- $25. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + B&W head sketch by Shane Heron.
- $30. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + a crayon sketch by Casey Parsons.
- $40. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + Witches sketch by Keith Grachow.
- $75. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + Watercolor commission art by Shane Heron.
$75. For Retailers! 12 Physical Copies of CAULDRON Magazine + a signing at your store located within the Greater Toronto Area.
$100. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + a page of original interior art by Robert Freeman or Shane Heron.
$150. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + a page of 18" x 24" original painted Interior art by Casey Parsons.
- $700. Digital & Physical Copy of CAULDRON Magazine + the original cover oil painting by Casey Parsons. 15" x 20" canvas.
- $3,000. We will increase our print run to 500 copies.
- Above $3,000. as a creator-driven/owned co-op venture, the money raised above printing and promotion will be divided as a page-rate amongst the contributors to this volume.
- $4,000. When we hit this amount, all pledges will receive a free 'Zine showcasing designs and process art for the production of Cauldron Magazine.
Risks and challenges
The three leads of this project, Shane Heron, Ricky Lima, and Sam Noir have all run and delivered successful kickstarter campaigns in the past.
We will be the first to admit that we set a tight, ambitious deadline to deliver this by Fan Expo Toronto, held on labour day weekend. However, each of the creative teams are well under way with their respective stories, and everyone involved has a solid track record as dependable comics creators who finish what they start.
Barring natural disaster, illness, or family emergency (knock wood) for any member of our creative team, we have every confidence in reaching our goals, and delivering the finished magazine.
Contingency plans are in place for any anticipated delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)