Mobile devices are everywhere these days! They are so pervasive, in fact, that mobile device addiction has become a very real thing, affecting not only adults but children as well.
This is not OK. At a time when they are just learning how to get by in the world, our kids do not need to worry about becoming addicted to technology. With PLAYTRACKING, we are facing this problem head on, removing the addictive side of mobile devices in order to make the time spent on them more productive and positive overall.
The way it works is straightforward: PLAYTRACKING loads a list of tasks plus the number of points that each task is worth for the child at the beginning of the week. Tasks include things such as doing homework, showering, doing chores, playing outside, and cleaning. Until one of the tasks is completed, the child is locked out of his or her device. After the child completes a task, the nanny or parent will get a notification to check the task, and if everything is on the up and up, the device will be unlocked for a specific period of time.
Kids can compete against each other with PLAYTRACKING, turning positive activities into a fun and exciting game.
We’re ready to move forward with development on PLAYTRACKING immediately, but we need your help in order to do so, friends. We want to raise $22,5000 to cover all our start-up costs. We’ve gone over the numbers closely, and that amount of funding will put us in a comfortable position to thrive.
Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Risks and challenges
As you can see, production of the app is already underway.
- Biggest challenge is the lack of funds which will greatly impact speed of delivery.
- Parents who have experienced this challenge first hand can submit their names to firstname.lastname@example.org to become part of a beta testers group and to potentially be video taped reviewing the benefits of PLAYTRACKING.
- The funds will also make this provisional patent into a utility patent.
- The code used to develop the Android version needs to be copyrighted.
- The used to develop the Apple (iOS) version needs to be copyrighted.
- Looking for a clinical psychologist who supports the vision and is willing to be videotaped at the benefits.
- This app is currently being developed for Android devices, the funds will help develop the iOS version
- This will also fund database, app and storage hosting for the first year.
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter