R-360 : The most simple and modular 3D printer!
R-360 : The most simple and modular 3D printer!
3D printer built with the least amount of parts, improving reliability, reducing price. Our unique rotating bed is revolutionary!
3D printer built with the least amount of parts, improving reliability, reducing price. Our unique rotating bed is revolutionary! Read more
R-360 is available on our website!
We know that there are vast numbers of amazing makers or makers to be on the earth, and some of them are really hesitant to have their own 3D printer because of the high price or the complexity to build. What a shame! So we've invented a new 3D printer for those people. We would like more and more people to have 3D printers and bring more genius makers into the world!
Why choose us?
- Our printers have a unique rotating printing bed which has a 3D scanning turntable mode.
- Slicing in the cloud service for free.
- It is simple and partially pre-assembled, so you can build it in one hour.
- Modular design allows to fold up for traveling without compromise on printing volume.
- It is open source.
Details of our 3D printer
1. Cheap when compared to any other existing printers with a large printing area and speed. This must make more people easier to have it.
2. Our 3D printer consists of far fewer parts. Compared to RepRap, it contains only one third of the parts. So it's really easy to build it even if you are a beginner. We assemble the main parts of the printer, saving you from all the hard work, so you can be up and running in one hour. No soldering necessary, just plug the main parts together with a few bolts and you’re ready to print! We will upload all instruction on our website.
3. The bed is a disc and turns 360 degrees. This is unique and fun! Also this keeps the bed perfectly level using a unique leveling system. We invented this bed shape to get rid of extra bearings, belts, rods and plastic parts.
4. The rotating bed makes it ideal for 3D scanning applications. Scanning turntable mode is included (3rd party scanner is required)
5. We are planning colourful printers, such as orange, sky blue, pink and light green. We also have white and black. This very cute 3D printer would compliment your rooms’ decoration.
6. Light but robust! You can travel with it easily! You can take it apart and build it again easily, folding it up into a small, flat traveling size in minutes.
7. Fully Modular, we designed it so very easy to change and upgrade any of its parts.
So many people asked us if R-360 can print a square. So we come up with a fun square based vase design. The video demonstrates the new continuous rotating print mode very well.
What we promise when our project is successful!
1. Fully developed modular R-360 Printer kits
2. We will create fully optimised firmware software which is easy to use but has all the usual expert tools, for the new rotating Y axes, which is perfect for this machine.
3. We will offer a new amazing free cloud slicing service for your R-360 printer, called Slicer Cloud, where you can prepare your models for printing. So you don't need to fiddle with slicing software in your computer any more. This will definitely save your time! (see below)
4. Turn table mode for easy 3D scanning (3rd party 3D scanner required)
5. A 3D object files library on our servers where you can get already sliced objects ready to download and print right away! You can also upload and share your own creations with others! (see below)
All 3D files need to be prepared for 3D printing. We call this process slicing. Slicer software creates all the layers and tool paths specifically for your printer. This was only possible on your computer before. Installing the software, handling updates, and fine tuning can be tedious, especially for people who are more interested in printing without any hassle. Also this process can use a lot of resources, making it more difficult on a less powerful computer or laptop.
Our Slicer Cloud is a service to process your files on a cluster of powerful online servers. Here you can upload your files and get them prepared for printing swiftly and easily. We also think of the expert users, and giving them more power on fine tuning their settings.
And the cost of this service you may wonder? It is absolutely free.
Things Library is a 3D object files library on our servers where you can get already sliced objects ready to download and print right away! You can also upload and share your own creations with others!
Compare our printer, R - 360
*Extruder is capable of printing ABS out of the box. However to get the ABS to stick properly to the printing bed, you will need a our heated bed upgrade future development. **Pen Holder for plotter mode is included, paste extruder upgrade future development, dual and triple extruder upgrade is coming as future development. ***Silicon heated bed upgrade coming as future development. **** Scanning mode is supported, 3rd party software required
How is it compares to Reprap printers
In the future
1. Cloud Printing upgrade. Using your Raspberry Pi, you will be able to send prints directly from the internet to your 3D printer, turning it into a networked (wifi if your Raspberry Pi supports it) 3D printer! (Separate Raspberry Pi is required)
2. We are planning to add separate 3D scanner upgrade. The disc shaped bed allows us to create for you the next step in 3D printing: the 3D copying machine! A 3D scanner will be able to scan an object and then the 3D printer reproduce it.
3. Multi colour printing. Multi colour or multi material upgrade.
4. Modular Upgrades: a larger printing area; 30cm printing bed and 30cm printing height, plotter & paste extruder heads, and 3D scanning apparatus.
We value the 3D printing open source community. We know that 3D printing would not be available for so many people without this community. So to support future growth of 3D printing, we will release the printer design in 2014.
Manufacturing Plan and Timeline
We have manufacturers who are already working with us in the UK, Europe and Asia. They will deliver us all the motors, rods, bearings, and electronics etc. We know how long needed for them to deliver each products as we are working with them day by day. All plastic parts will be printed by us in our shop. We have six 3D printers currently, and planing to add four more by December. That will give us the capacity to build plastic parts for 200 of R-360 printers per month, but we estimate 100 per month because this amount is realistic including printer's malfunctions or reprints required from our experience. We arranged three more people who are helping us in assembling the kits. We will train them in advance before the assembly starts.
- 6th October - Hardware development completed
- 18th October - R-360 printer driver and Slicer Cloud alpha version completed
- 31st November - R-360 printer driver Slicer Cloud final release
- 15th of December - Cut off date for minor hardware changes
- 15th of December - Start manufacturing plastic parts
- 15th -20th December - Placing orders for all other parts
- 15th of January - Finish online assembly documentation and video
- 16th of January - Start assembly for the early birds
- Beginning of February – Starts testing
- Middle of February - Start shipping
1. We will create multi colour extruder upgrade when we reach £100,000. We will offer the extruder upgrade for you with a kick starter supporters’ special price later.
2. We will create a separate 3D scanner upgrade when we reach £250,000. The disc shaped bed allows us to create for you the next step in 3D printing: the 3D copying machine! A 3D scanner will be able to scan an object and then the 3D printer reproduce it. We will offer the 3D scanner upgrade for you with a kick starter supporters’ special price later.
Who we are
We are from Replicator Warehouse which opened the first walk-in 3D printing shop in London in 2012. The main reason to have opened this shop was that we wanted to bring the 3D printing world into everybody’s life!
In the End
We are in a 3D printing company and have experience of four and half years in 3D printing, so we already have many good suppliers who can deliver the hardware and materials. We have finished creating our prototype. To complete this project and release them for you, WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Gabor Heves (Software development)
Ashley Sheridan (Proofreading)
Virag Szabo (CAD design)
Risks and challenges
Our prototype is ready but we would like to fine tune some of the parts for easier assembly. We would like to improve our printer until we ship them for you.
Rotating bed proven unique challenges in the firmware. We have a good working version, but there is some space for more work to adapt it for some of the specific properties of a rotating printing bed.
We have reliable suppliers, but sometimes unexpected delays could happen.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (26 days)