Birth Announcement / Due Dates
It's an album!
"Goliath" was born at 3:45pm on August 23rd at Gateway Mastering in Portland, Maine. Weighing 0.6 ounces (including flash drive), Bob Ludwig was the attending mastering engineer. Danny Seim, the mix engineer, listened in via phone line. Band is resting comfortably.
In lieu of flowers, please consider forgiving us for the fifty-seven month gestation period. (This baby really wanted out.)
ADDITIONAL DUE DATES:
- First single and video release Tuesday, September 16th! As a Kickstarter backer, you will get a link to download both.
- Subsequent singles will be randomly released prior to the album’s release in November! Will they also come with videos? Maybe…
- The album releases on Tuesday, November 18th! As a Kickstarter backer, you’ll get the complete download that day. If you also ordered the CD and/or vinyl, it will arrive in the mail soon thereafter.
- We have a BIG L.A. SHOW on Wednesday, October 1st at the Whisky A Go Go on Sunset Strip! Not only will Peter Furler Band be on the bill, but we’ll also be joined by the extraordinary hip hop collective L.A. Symphony! Should you do whatever it takes to be there? Yes.
- Although we have additional dates opening for Peter Furler Band in Fresno (10/3) and Reno (10/5), as well as an appearance at the Rock of Ages Festival in Calistoga, CA (10/4), we’re delaying additional touring while we set up the release of "Goliath," which will hopefully allow for a more ambitious tour in support of the new album. For those of you still waiting to use your Golden Tickets, they carry no expiration date, and you can use them at any non-festival show. (But if you’re tired of waiting for us to come to a venue near you, we completely understand, and you’re welcome to return your Golden Ticket for a full refund.)
This is the album we wanted to make. We can't wait for you to hear it.
Have we told you lately that we love you?
Steve & Peter & Jimmy & John