Loot the Body - An Adventure Card Game for Every Party
Loot the Body - An Adventure Card Game for Every Party
Explore, collect treasures, & change fate with the help of a little magic. Loot the Body is a strategic family game for 2 - 5 players.
Explore, collect treasures, & change fate with the help of a little magic. Loot the Body is a strategic family game for 2 - 5 players. Read more
In an age of roaming monsters, maniacal wizards, and tyrant kings, adventuring is one of the more stable forms of income if you can manage to stay alive.
Loot the Body is a semi-cooperative strategic card game. Players work together to survive the dungeon while fighting to acquire the largest treasure horde. The best loot goes to the players who deal the most damage to monsters and quickly uncover treasures.
- Semi-cooperative - Players rely on one another for survival.
- Competitive looting - Outdo your teammates to gain the most treasure.
- Strategic, quick decision making - Players must decide which is the best card to use and act quickly or face receiving penalties.
- Extremely replayable - 28 dungeon cards and 5 playable characters with unique abilities make every journey into the dungeon a new adventure.
For 2-5 Players. 20-30 minutes. Ages 10+.
Play Through (Trash Talk at the Table)
Loot the Body comes with two ways to play. Standard and Mayhem Mode. Standard is the fast paced streamline no nonsense dungeon assault we all love. Mayhem Mode introduces a bit more chaos into those carefully made attack plans of yours. Both versions are included with the Kickstarter printing of the game.
If we reach the $18K Stretch goal we will add in new Deadlier Dungeon Cards. This new card type will make the dungeon even deadlier than before with all new monster abilities, traps, monster power ups, and player interaction. This variant is for those serious dungeon delvers that crave something a little bit meatier, and probably with more teeth, in their dungeon.
Complete Review List available Here
Every stretch goal we reach will reveal a new goal.
Character Card Upgrade Mockup
Updated character cards for the $20K stretch goal will allow players to track health and attack damage even easier with built in dials.
We are very proud of the beautiful monster and character designs by our Illustrator Alex Trayanoff. Alex is a long time board and video game enthusiast with credits on several popular video game titles. His art has been a featured part of our game since the earliest prototype versions. Card layout and design was done by Jason Bice.
Updated Character Card Art
- End of Kickstarter Campaign - Dec 2017
- Receive Kickstarter Funding - Late Dec 2017
- File Prep & Pre-Production - Jan 2018
- Game Manufacturing - Feb, Mar, April 2018
- Freight Shipping - May, June 2018
- Fulfillment & Distribution - July 2018
Prototype versions of Loot the Body have been produced by The Game Crafter. We have partnered with Whatz Games for our full scale production. All printed cards will be on high quality 310gsm Black Core card stock with a playing card varnish. Production will take 40 - 50 days once all samples are approved. We will keep you updated as we go through the manufacturing process.
We are partnering with Quartermaster Logistics, GamesQuest, and Snakes & Lattes as our fulfillment centers to reduce customs fees & VAT/HST and to keep shipping prices low. We are committed to doing everything we can to make certain shipping is as cost effective as possible.
We are global shipping friendly.
- Funding Goal: The Kickstarter pledge amount covers the costs associated with Kickstarter and fees (-9%), manufacturing, ocean freight, insurance, loading/unloading, transportation, customs, duties, taxes, tariffs, short term warehousing, half of shipping costs, and service fees.
- We Need You: We can't manufacture, ship and cover all the fees without your support.
- Personally invested: We are personally invested (time and money) and committed to the success of our project.
- Art and Promotion: 100% of the base game art assets are complete and we have promoted the game through various social media, conventions, and websites.
- Quality: Over the past year and a half, we visited local gaming stores (FLGS), numerous conventions, and tons of gaming MeetUps to improve gameplay and make the game more fun! We take feedback seriously and have taken great effort to address every detail that influences the game experience. We want Loot the Body to be your go to game, and we are doing everything possible to make that happen.
At B Team Games we believe in the power and importance of building our communities. Friendly Local Game Stores (FLGS) are valuable community members that make a difference in the lives of their customers. It isn’t easy being a small fish in a big pond but we want to do everything we can to help every FLGS thrive.
The Retail Partner Program (RPP) is our way of reaching out and partnering with FLGSs across the nation. RPP members will have priority product access and pricing on B Team Games titles and products. Our goal is to create amazing products that you can bring to your customers at affordable prices. We are opening the RPP in advance of our upcoming crowdfunding campaign. RPP membership includes:
- Wholesale Pricing - Wholesale Prices are 50% off MSRP.
- Priority Shipping - RPP member orders are fulfilled before we make stock available to our distributors or for our own direct sale.
- Exclusive Content - RPP members will receive exclusive product content not available to our distributors or via our direct sales. These exclusive items will be publicized on our website and social media channels.
If you are a retail store and are interested in the benefits of our Retail Partner Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Risks and challenges
We have setup partnerships for both production and global fulfillment of Loot the Body. With the exception of a few pieces of expansion art, all game elements have been completed and are ready to be provided to the manufacturers. The game will be ready for printing once we receive funds from Kickstarter.
As a small publishing company, we rely on Kickstarter backers to supply the capital necessary to meet minimum printing and shipping costs. Your pledges make this project come to print. We will produce a quality product and it will be delivered on time. Should there be any issues with game parts in your copy of Loot the Body! simply let us know and we will get you fresh replacements.
With the help of amazing backers like you, we will bring Loot the Body to life.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)