The most advanced automation platform that just plugs in!
One of the only IOT devices in the world that has fully functionaility with or wothout the internet!
- Save money, keep the electricity providers honest.
- Powerboards can be daisy-chained to support from 4,8,12 etc points
- Control all your IOT devices from one app or website.
- Unit all your gadgets.
- Store your data usage for 6 months.
- Includes the ability link sensors to it. ie temperature, ambience etc
- Totally programmable using c# with Microsoft Visual Studio.
**xmas and new Year deal**
25Oct16 4 x Wirebutter boards and Free Shipping
14th Nov : Added support the Pebble watch, yes, you can control the powerboard by using the watch to monitor and control it.
***** NEWS ****
We have listened and we will be making all our boards either 6 or 8 outlet. Everyone will get this upgrade free!
WHAT IS WIREBUTTER?
Imagine a powerboard as smart as an iPhone, complete with apps you can share among friends. It is so smart, it can communicate with other IoT devices or compatible gadgets through our Wirebutter store. Wirebutter have created the smartest powerboard in the world. It offers an all in one platform to control appliances, measure energy usage and communicate (wireless or wired) with other devices and third party vendor devices.
Now you can build your very own automation system to turn on lights, fans,appliances in your house using Wirebutter.
Note : We supporting US, UK, Australia, Asia and European sockets
- Measure power consumption per socket.
- Turn each socket on/off
- Charges USB devices.
- Distribute the internet throughout your home\office.
- It can interact with any other Bluetooth/wifi/zigbee device.
- All the above can be done remotely or locally.
- Can be programmed to your desire!
- Enterprise ready security.
- Integrate with Google Home and Amazon Echo
- integrates with IFTT and Apple Homekit support
- Includes surge protection
- Powerboards can be daisy-chained to grate large no of points that you may require.
- Doesn't require the internet to run!
Imagine what you will do with Wirebutter?
What can it do?
- Wirebutter uses an intuitive app interface to allow you to monitor your home’s power usage and manage that usage, all from your smartphone
- Integrate with existing gadgets and/or automation products.
- Turn your lights on or off remotely or put them on a schedule.
- Turn your appliance/s on or off when you forget.
- Determine which appliance is using the most power.
- Reduce your power bills.
- Detect faulty equipment and reduce the chance of fires.
- Make your old appliances into smart appliances.
- Monitor your home or business remotely by WiFi, Bluetooth and through the internet.
- Charge your USB devices quickly and efficiently.
- Share and download apps to customize its usability and functionality.
Everybody knows having appliances on standby consumes energy which in turn means higher power bills.
Wirebutter can be programmed to turn off standby appliances at your convenience and have them switch back on whenever it suits you.
This means reductions on your power bill. This can mean savings up to hundreds of dollars a year depending on the type and number of appliances and the length of time normally on standby. i.e when your household is at work during the day or asleep during the night.
The Wirebutter powerboard will streamline the way you manage and use your environment.
HOW DOES WIREBUTTER WORK?
Wirebutter works by acting as an all-in-one platform to communicate with your appliances. It connects via your existing WiFi network and effectively turns your environment into a smart environment. Through the Wirebutter platform, you can monitor your energy usage and interact with your home appliances either wirelessly or through wired connections using your electrical network.
Connect your electrical devices using Wirebutter, then control your appliances using the app. The app allows you to monitor power usage, turn an appliance on or off or download the appropriate app to fit your needs. Be in control of your environment. You can use our app to download the drivers that allow it to control other devices. If there is a gadget you wish to control then you can request us to create a driver or we will provide details for you to do this yourself.
The more powerboards connected, the greater the reach and ability to integrate and control devices in your environment. Imagine what you can automate?
Why is it so smart and useful?
Simple. We have created an advanced application that allows you to download drivers that enable it to communicate with your existing gadgets. For example, if you have Philips Hue lights, all you need to do is download the driver and then you have access to them. If you have an iBeacon and/or Eddystone you wish to scan, then you can download the appropriate drivers.
This enables the Wirebutter powerboard to be useful for many years and integrate with your existing or future automation infrastructure.
We have designed Wirebutter to be compatible throughout many countries so everyone can benefit from it.
Powerboards for every country..
US, Canada, Mexico, Central America Japan, Taiwan and some Pacific countries
It enables you to control your home appliances and even communicates with other powerboards. It makes use of your existing network to streamline the way you manage your power, giving you the ultimate control over your environment, your appliances and gadgets.
Third party product integration explained..
Power over Ethernet explained..
This platform is made possible by allowing:
- Wireless automation of devices through WiFi, Bluetooth, Homeplug or Zigbee protocols.
- Can be reprogrammed for individual application or customer requirements.
- Has the ability to monitor local sensors that can be incorporated. i.e. temperature, light levels, and noise levels.
- Provides the ability to install apps that enables functions specific to your environment.
- Can record history of activity for future analysis.
- Has the ability o be integrated into any mqtt system and be controlled by node-red(open standard by IBM) if you desire.
- Can be controlled remotely through a mobile device, tablet, desktop etc.
- If the system fails, the powerboard resorts to a standard powerboard and then can be replaced when required.
- Fast, secure and robust using the latest security protocols for your privacy.
- Includes powerline communications conforming to HomePlug standards.
- Can use your electrical network as the ethernet network.
- Powered by a sophisticated chip using the Microsoft Micro Framework operating system.
- Modern and upgrade-able. Wirebutter can be reprogrammed to meet the needs of future technology, that means it will never be obsolete.
- Proven third-party API access
- Able to be customized for corporate enterprises.
We have been developing this product for over 3 years and been through many iterations and design phases. We have worked hard to refine the concept and allow a broad audience of users to ensure it is compatible with existing technology to get the greatest benefits to work across different market sectors
We are in the process of developing different form factors which may be available based on our goal thresholds reached.
We have focused on quality, security and usability during the developmental phase to ensure its not just a gadget but a useful product to be used by all. During this process we have produced many working prototypes.
Anthony Salerno, Co-Founder & Electronics Engineer, Product Designer
20 years’ experience in the IT industry. Successfully running a business for 17 years and was instrumental in creating commercial products from software solutions to hardware products. He is a qualified electronics/software engineer that has assisted Wirebutter in developing this system from his vast consulting experience and research in the industry.
Terry Portelli, Director & Co-Founder
Has been involved in the new homes and land sector for over twenty years. His contacts in the construction industry are second to none. He is a licensed real estate agent and has been running his own business for over 7 years. Prior to this, he held a senior management position for one of Melbourne's largest home builders and prior to that one of the biggest land sales agents in Melbourne. He sees this technology as a natural fit for this industry.
Harry Iliopoulos, Director & Co-Founder
Involved in Security and Assets Management and been successfully running such businesses for over 25 years. Harry has a keen involvement in Wirebutter, with a firm belief in its technological capacities and capabilities.
Akshay Bhavsar, Electronics Engineer\Researcher
An electronics and computer system engineer with 2 years experience in the field of building IoT products and applications. He has a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Swinburne University of Technology and is based in Melbourne, Australia. As an engineer, he has always been thinking of innovative state-of-art technologies, which can make human life easier, efficient and effective. Working on innovative ideas, building them and discussing them with others are his passion.
Risks and challenges
We have spent 3 years in research and development and have a thorough understanding of the technology, its benefits and risks.
We have not invented any new technology, we have just combined the best and up to the minute technology that will allow you to make more efficient use of the automation, internet of things (IoT) and M2M space.
In order to minimize risk and ensure it delivers as expected, we have put it into a form factor that can be easily installed by anyone without much training or knowledge.
We have working products that we have been testing for months and have sourced manufacturing companies that will be producing this product for us. The kickstarter funds will be used on tooling for mass production , regulatory certifications, sourcing of materials and distribution.
Our first and most important step as a company is to deliver an awesome and incredible product to the very first backers of our Kickstarter campaign. " We are absolutely committed to doing that. "
Because its a new product we sometimes don't know what we don't know but we are working with people to assist with this.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)