Dare to be Empowered: P.R.A.Y. Jewelry
Dare to be Empowered: P.R.A.Y. Jewelry
Raising Global Consciousness 1 Piece of Jewelry at a Time
Raising Global Consciousness 1 Piece of Jewelry at a Time Read more
About this project
kris \ krɪs \ creese
(n.) serpentine dagger indigenous to Indonesia
1. Weapon and spiritual object
2. Believed to possess magical powers
Wear, P.R.A.Y., Empower
P.R.A.Y. Jewelry is one of the most powerful tools for modern society, bringing awareness to how mankind creates, inspires, empowers, and lives with purpose. Globally conscious jewelry that helps you fulfill your dreams, P.R.A.Y. now needs funding to sustain and launch a global 2013 Men's and Women's Collection. Believed by Balinese to hold spirit, P.R.A.Y. has been crafted into a modern version of the Balinese Kris Sword with purpose and intention.
The P.R.A.Y. Story
The Kris Sword is a talisman that has been used in Asia for thousands of years for the purpose of protection, enhancing one’s desired qualities, manifesting, and for spiritual guidance. The idea behind P.R.A.Y. is to capture this ancient power and reshape it into jewelry that can be worn by all.
I design the jewelry using inspiration gleaned while researching ancient cultures and traditions in the Far East. Each sacred symbol and design carries a multi-layered meaning, adding exponentially to P.R.A.Y. powers. I then create a cast and a mold for every piece, which the *Empu infuses with Kris metals and benevolent blessings on an *auspicious day. These metals represent 9 directions on the planet, associated with 9 Hindu gods, capturing nature’s 5 basic elements. In order to capture and keep its' power, all of the finished jewelry is blessed in a special Balinese ceremony by a Balinese Priest/ Healing Man. The pendants are hand-strung with a lot of love.
*Auspicious = Special day, good energy to make jewelry, as designated by the Balinese Calendar.
*Empu = Special Kris maker, a legacy handed down from one generation to the next, in the lineage of jewelry makers. Empus possess great knowledge of gods, spirits, energy, and powers that are kept secret. They are said to have tremendous power.
Reasons to Support P.R.A.Y. :
- With your support, P.R.A.Y. will be able to produce the next line and share the energy and empower people worldwide
- Fulfill your own dreams with the powers from P.R.A.Y. Jewelry
- Good karma for you
- Priceless Holiday Gift
- P.R.A.Y. is being offered for a limited time at discounted prices
- You get to be the first to customize P.R.A.Y. tags
- Join rise of global consciousness
- Manifest your deepest desires before 2013
- Connect with Balinese Healing Men (Priests) in ceremony either directly, in person, or in spirit with a small show of support
- Co-create a world driven by purpose and meaning
- You dig this jewelry and want to see it in stores around the globe
- You can't wait for the men's line, where is it already?
- Your support and funds will be nothing short of MAGIC
- In efforts to bring empowerment, healing and global consciousness to mankind, 5% of P.R.A.Y.'s proceeds support The Cookbook Project, educating underserved youth about health & nutrition. http://thecookbookproject.org/
- Full scale production, Men's and Women's collection
- Sanskrit, ancient symbols, complete design work for 10+ new designs
- New materials = gold, silver, metals, stones (jade, garnet, etc), fabric (suede, leather, string
- Casts, molds, samples
- Empu, Ceremonies
- Yoga Journal Trade Show in Colorado next fall for top exposure
- Wanderlust (or similar yoga/ music festival) similar exposure to the top target audiences. [Costs to attend trade shows add up to at least $4,000 with flight. 1 booth at Yoga Journal Trade show $2,500.]
- All extra funds earned over and above the goal will be used so I can hire a marketing guru to target wholesale buyers for all target customers, plus design updated website & logo.
- **With Kickstarter if the pledge is not met, you keep your money, but the magic and ancient power remains in Bali. If I raise enough funds to meet the pledge, these powers will be transformed into P.R.A.Y. designs and distributed throughout the world.
- Shipping Note - Please kindly consider a small shipping donation. The magical powers are coming from overseas, so reward levels include minimal shipping to encourage pledges over the holiday season.
Let's walk into 2013 shaping the world together. Help co-create my dream, so I can, in turn, bring you P.R.A.Y. to help you manifest your dreams. The jewelry is powerful; it would not have been possible for one solo artist to launch a global campaign of this magnitude without its extra power. I need you for to support me for P.R.A.Y. 2013, so let’s empower one another and believe together.
The great news? You don’t have to be a yogi or spiritual person to wear the jewelry, get benefits from it, or even help fund my project. If any part of this story made an impression on you, even a small effort to spread the word can help: send this project to your social network. All you have to do is believe in yourself and you are flowing with the intention behind P.R.A.Y. and together we can help people connect with P.R.A.Y. Jewelry worldwide.
Tremendous gratitude to my family and friends for their support in this endeavor.
Thank you to every single one of you for being part of this journey. It only gets better from here.
Sound Cloud, thank you for supporting this unbelievable music: "Baka Beyond - Ngombi" by legyenszebbavilag, attribution:
Please reach out - questions, comments, inspiration:
Risks and challenges
I face two challenges. The first is that the Kris Sword-making process flows in line with the Universe, as opposed to a deadline. The pieces must be made only on auspicious days to carry their stated power, and the Balinese ceremonies as well. The good news is that I am able to meet deadlines because I know the flow, having already run 1 production of P.R.A.Y. Jewelry. I have access to more than one Empu, so I can duplicate efforts and produce the amount of jewelry that is in demand, on a global scale. The second is that this project takes place in Indonesia so I am not home to use typical avenues of spreading word about my project aside from social media. That means I am counting on you to help spread word to friends via word of mouth, networking, any way you can. The upside is that I have a worldwide network of friends who will help me buffer this challenge.
The biggest risk of this project is that P.R.A.Y. Jewelry's entire concept is based on belief, energy, power, and magic, which are intangible benefits. To me, these qualities are also the biggest reason people love P.R.A.Y. Jewelry, want a piece for themselves, and want to support P.R.A.Y. moving forward. It’s up to you, now, to Wear, P.R.A.Y., and Empower!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)