Strange Behavior is a multi-cultural blend of contemporary songwriting, Latin/Caribbean flavor, funk, and rock and roll. Apparently, that's what you get when you raise a kid with an affinity for music in a dance-lovin’ Colombian family in the middle of Kansas.
My name is Luis Narino. I'm the lead vocalist and songwriter to this L.A. outfit we call Noble Creatures. I love this band and the people that have been brought into our lives through it.
In the past four years, we
have risen above and beyond our goals:
-Performing certain clubs and breaking into the festival circuit
-Internet and FM radio play
-Two live TV show performances (El SegundoTV: The Music Box, and KDOC: Marty's Corner)
-1st band to rock the newly remodeled Libbey Bowl stage in beautiful Ojai, CA
-and many more...
We are completely independent. This means we don't have a record label or representation backing us up to put this magic together. We are grateful that many doors have opened for us, and we're looking forward to seeing what is next.
Career-wise, we have come to a point that it's necessary to have an accurate and professional representation of our work in order to reach the next level of goals. Soul-wise, we want to share our joy of music with everyone and bring people together to celebrate! That is why we are creating this album. We hope that you'll believe in what we're about and you'll want to take part in helping us pull this dream out from concept and into fruition!
ABOUT THE ALBUM:
The songs are a catalog of experiences and observations of what people do in love, lust, betrayal, loyalty and what they do for their aspirations. On the path of discovering our own values, worth and joy, our "mistakes", choices, wonder, and curiosity make for some interesting interactions between people. That is why without reservation we have named this album, Strange Behavior.
BELIEF: We believe music has the power to bring people together and to heal as it crosses boundaries and barriers. It has the power to move you physically and emotionally. Since the past 4 years of performing in Los Angeles, we've been very grateful to have been able to provide just that. Together with everyone who comes to our events we are building a community of fun, passionate, inspired, driven, and creative people. We're loving this family that has come together.
WHAT HAS BEEN DONE SO FAR:
We recorded onto 2-inch tape at Mambo Studios (where Sublime recorded their first two albums). These tracks sound damn sexy and delicious if I do say so myself.
WHAT IS LEFT:
-back up vocals
-mixing and mastering.
-Online distributed (Amazon, iTunes, etc.),
Then you'll share it with all your friends and exercise your bragging rights that you took an essential role in making this album! They'll be stoked, you'll all come to our shows and events where you'll meet our friends, we'll party, and we'll have a close knit community that we look forward to seeing.
ABOUT KICKSTARTER AND THIS CAMPAIGN: Kickstarter is where people with creative ideas come to find people who believe in their projects and help fund them to get started. In return, people who support get rewards as you can see to the right hand side of this page. We have 3 months to reach our set amount. When you pledge you will not be charged until and only if the amount has been met or surpassed. In the occasion the amount is not met, all the pledges will be given back. But together we can reach this goal and make this happen!
"What goodness is my awesomeness going into?" I'm glad you asked, here's what we've got lined up:
1. $5,000 for producer to complete the songs. Why: so this album can come to fruition and make its way straight into your hands!! (9 songs each $500 + $500 padding for the unexpected) We've chosen to working with Matchstick Music. More info on this amazing studio visit http://www.matchstickmusic.com/
2. $1000 for mastering. Why: Magic happens in this crucial stage... it's the finish!! We've chosen to work with Lurssen Mastering. Have you seen the people they've worked with!? Check them out here: http://www.lurssenmastering.com/
3. $748.30 for CD Duplication through Discmakers. Why: So you can recieve an actual, physical CD! (500 sleeve package $654.30 + UPC Code $20 + 100 Poster $59). More details visit: http://www.discmakers.com/
4. $49 for Album Distribution through CD Baby. Why: so your friends and family throughout the world will be able to find us on amazon.com, iTunes, and more!! More details visit: http://www.cdbaby.com/
5. $1,200 postage. Why: so that everyone that takes part in making this album a reality can get their packages as promised!
6. $200 Album Art Production. Why: So this project looks good! We've decided to work with an animator/artist/designer who has worked on the movies Corpse Bride, Coraline, and Paranorman. You can catch some of his other work here: http://juliannarino.blogspot.com/
7. $819.73 Why: making up for the 10% portion that is due to Kickstarter and Amazon for making this possible.
IF WE GO ABOVE AND BEYOND OUR GOAL
Depending on the amount, here is what it will be spent on:
1. Any finishing touches on the recording
2. Mastering tracks without vocals to be used for TV and film
3. Promo/Marketing (Photos, Merch, publicists/writers, Music Videos, Competitions)
Thank you so much for your support in this project. It means a lot to us. YOU'RE AWESOME!
We're excited for this!
Risks and challenges
With any project there may be set backs. These setbacks are usually regarding unforeseen conflicts in timing/scheduling, or technical aspects. With the team we have secured, we should have very minimal problems completing the project. The team we have put together are professional, so anything that comes up we are creative, efficient, and resourceful enough to find ways around to complete this project with the best production possible. Considering this is our first go around working with a resource like Kickstarter, and as I know album production to be, the date of delivery on the rewards may vary depending on any setbacks and how many people take part. Creating some of these packages will take some time. So I hope I estimated the delivery date and the amount it's going to cost to ship these packages close enough. Once we reach our goal though, the album will be finished and the rewards will be given out. There's no doubt about that.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)