The Terrible Twos Tour 2012!
Hi! We are The Fourth Wall and we are turning two years old this summer! But instead of begging our parents for candy and a magic pony, we're throwing a tour! We are potty trained, but come on... tantrums are inevitable.
Woah... you're who and you do what?
First of all, we are a hybrid arts ensemble. We're all trained musicians, but we're also dancers and actors and love to use all three performing arts in our shows. It makes things pretty darn fun and looks like this:
In addition to "hybrid-artsing" established repertoire, we collaborate with composers, choreographers and directors on new pieces to create shows that leap from the stage.
Our name comes from the theatre term for the imaginary wall at the front of the stage through which the audience sees the action of the play. We like to “break the fourth wall” by talking directly to you (our audience), taking the performance from the stage into your space and generally ensuring that there is no wall between us and you. It's a little like this:
We founded our group in 2010, and this summer marks the two year anniversary of our first performances together! In honor of this occasion, we are launching the “Terrible Twos Tour 2012!” Say that three times fast. TerribleTwosTour2012TerribleTwosTour2012TerribleTwosTour2012. Woah... Sorry, got distracted.
Ok, I get who you are and what you do, but where are you going?
Ohmigosh, this tour is going to be so much fun. So here's the run down:
- 7/20 - 7/22: International Flute Symposium at West Virginia University. We'll be performing for flutists of all ages in the inaugural year of the IFS! We'll also be teaching classes and hosting workshops designed to broaden the flutists' creative palette.
- 7/27: We'll be performing at Exapno, a fantastic venue in Brooklyn, New York! This show will include several TFW favorites as well as a couple new works created especially for this tour!
- 8/2: Premiere of "Mixer" at Club Hall, Washington Depot, Connecticut. Talk about breaking the fourth wall! "Mixer" is an immersive performance experience, blurring the lines between performers and audience, recital and social experience, and (of course) music, dance and theatre. Audience members will contribute to a unique performance that will progress seamlessly from piece to piece with the ebb and flow of a really good party.
- 8/5: We'll be performing in Cleveland, Ohio! Count on laughter, deep thought, and a downright good time!
- 8/9 - 8/12: We're performing at the National Flute Association's Annual Convention at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada! WOW...So many things are happening during these 4 days, and it's kind of super-awesome. First, we're performing a new treatment of Erwin Schulhoff's "Flute Sonata" complete with original poems and short stories by our favorite writers. Our next performance is of another TFW favorite: "Bordel - 1900" form Histoire du Tango by Astor Piazzolla to honor Hilary's teacher, Bonita Boyd. Immediately following that performance, we're opening the closing ceremonies with "8-Track Mind", a compilation of the chart-toppers from 1972 & 1973. Expect some funk, some platforms and a disconcerting amount of polyester!
- 8/24: We'll be performing our second full-length program in Bloomington, IN at The Studio, a really cool space on the square. Expect all the fun and excitement you love from TFW!
- 8/31: Our return to Indianapolis and the culmination of the Terrible Twos Tour 2012 will be in the Cook Theater at the beautiful Landmark Center in Indy!
We're excited to also be doing photo shoots, and audio and video recordings while on the tour! These high quality recordings will allow our fans to experience TFW even if they can't come to a live show and we'll be recording new pieces in our repertoire, so whether or not you've seen us live, you'll be able to enjoy the new stuff!
Last year, we had the privilege of learning from the world-renowned Pilobolus Dance Theatre, which took our artistic and educational work to a whole new level. For example, they helped us figure out this:
How cool is that? We'll be working with them again during our tour and you can bet that we'll be getting even more creative ideas to share with you!
We'll also be throwing the inevitable... you guessed it...
Throughout the tour, we'll be filming random fits and tantrums from the road! It might be Hilary practicing in the back seat of the tour van. Or perhaps Neil playing out the window while driving through Colorado. Or maybe Greg turning a random object in a random city into a drum. Or mayhaps when we stop for gas, we'll all grab an instrument and create a new trick. That's right! New tricks! Which brings me to...
Our sweet rewards!
Everyone gets a big ol' thank you from the two year olds! We can also send you mp3s, tickets to our shows, CDs and DVDs, but wait!... there's more! We're rather proud of our "tricks". Like this one:
But now, you can inspire a trick which we will turn into a video greeting card just for you! Do you want to see Hilary rolling on the floor? Neil playing upside down? Greg juggling drumsticks? You got it! Wait... he juggles?? Oh, I said it! And he can teach you too! We all have random talents that we'd love to share with you: Neil is a certified yoga instructor, Greg can juggle fire and Hilary can help you pair adult beverages for your next meal! Did I mention that our rewards are pretty awesome?
So grab your favorite blanky, tonka truck or doll and join us for the great
TERRIBLE TWOS TOUR 2012!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (42 days)