"It Takes Big Shoulder Pads to Take On Wall Street".
Hey guys! Venus, Rachel, and Laura here. Thanks for checking out our project! We're the creators and stars of the award-winning sketch comedy group SoBad-ItsGood.com. For a couple of years, we've been making online sketches, but now we want to bring you a new webseries: PADS! It's a comedy set in the 1980’s about friendship, Wall Street, Big Hair and even bigger shoulder PADS.
About PADS: The year is 1983. Cynthia, Lisa-Lynn, and Suzie are roommates, besties, and forward-thinking ladies living in New York City and trying to achieve their biggest dream: working on Wall Street.
Nick-named the "Pads," the girls work as low-level assistants at the Silverberg & Stein investment firm. They quickly find themselves getting promotions and working up the corporate ladder. But soon, they start to wonder if their bosses have ulterior motives...
Between the threats of the Cold War and AIDS, the discovery of cocaine, an overly eager hitman who just wants to kill somebody, and the search for love in the Big Apple, these ladies realize it takes BIG Shoulder PADS to take on Wall Street.
This comedic workplace webseries is a social satire that builds on the nostalgia of the 1980's. It centers around the rise and fall of Wall Street, women in the workplace, political and social issues, all with an over-the-top sense of humor like "Anchorman" mixed with the upbeat, naive spirit of 1980's comedies.
Why we need your donations:
- We're not a typical low-budget webseries. PADS is a high-concept project with multiple sets, locations, costumes, and retro 80's props.
- We want a high-quality webseries and want to hire the best professionals for our crew. This is our profession, not a hobby, and expect nothing but the best.
- We will be filming six episodes back-to-back to make the first season of PADS. Because of this, we need the funds upfront to insure we can hire our crew, rent equiptment, secure sets, rent props, etc.
Why You Should Contribute:
- Help Independent Artists! Even though we created, wrote, and will be staring in PADS, we aren't making a profit. All donations will go straight into the production and help pay our director, supporting stars, and crew.
- You’re a fan of funny, quirky, female-driven projects and want to see more of them. You loved Bridesmaids, you love the humor of Parks & Rec and Broad City, you love funny ladies like Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman, and Tina Fey, and you want to support projects with the same style of humor.
- Awesome, 80's inspired perks! Re-Live the 80's with your very own personalized slap-bracelet, hang an awesome 80's-inspired work of art on your wall, or even sweat in a Richard Simmons aerobic class. Plus get inside-access and behind-the-scenes updates before anyone else!
- Really though: the 80's! Your favorite movie is "Pretty In Pink," you know every 80's Michael Jackson dance move, you love(d) your Walkman, you're nostalgic for 80's style, hair, and all things 80's!
Who Are the "PADS"?
Who is Silverberg&Stein?
Silverberg & Stein is the leading global investment banking, investment securities, and investment management firm in New York City. Cynthia, Suzie, and Lisa-Lynn work as low-level assistants at Silverberg & Stein and are trying to climb their way up the corporate ladder.
Meet Pat Yomata:
Meet Our Director:
Risks and challenges
$15,000 is not a lot when you consider our dedication to excellence with high production values, an organized crew, cast, equipment, props, 80's costumes and locations. The challenge will be to achieve our fundraising goal while striving to be as cost-effective as possible.
While working together making sketches for SoBad-ItsGood.com, we have already encountered many of the potential obstacles film shoots can bring about (locations falling through, sound equipment malfunctioning, needing to add pick-up shoot dates, etc). Because we have learned so much from our past shoots, we feel confident in our team of professional crew and cast members and we know we have the experience to deliver a totally radical webseries: Season 1 of PADS!
With your help, we will go immediately into pre-production and start filming over the summer. The sooner we get funded, the sooner we can start making you laugh!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)