About this project
Update - May 31, 2012 - Success!
Thanks to our backers, we hit our first goal of $5K and sailed on past to raise $7k for the The Clandestine. I am so thankful to all of you who pitched in your hard earned cash to make this project a reality.
The show's website is: http://TheClandestine.TV
Coming this fall to a screen near you!
Make me laugh, NOW!
OK. Watch episodes 1 & 2 of The Clandestine below (click the "next" button on the Youtube video below for Episode 2).
Ha! Who's endorsing the project?
Here's what people are saying about The Clandestine:
- "I pledged a dollar." Kurt Sutter, Creator of Sons of Anarchy
- "This is fascinating!" Joe McDermottroe, Youtube Sales Development Manager, Google
- "Looks class!" Conor Cummins, Pro Road Racer, Tyco Suzuki Team
- "The show is a rather clever send up of modern biker culture. With themes like Pirates and Power Rangers and the impenetrable language of motorcycle specs... this is funny." Hell for Leather Magazine
- "Now this seems worth donating to..." HelmetHeads.com
- "hahaha 'f*ck you sh!tb!rd' loved that line!" KnuckleheadBob
What about video endorsements?
How about Joshua Malina (West Wing), Conan Stevens (Peter Jackson's The Hobbit and HBO's Game of Thrones), Mark Gantt (The Bannen Way), and the rest on this playlist below?
So what is The Clandestine?
The Clandestine is a 5’ x 13 episode web-series about a group of geeks and one smoking hot chick who form an outlaw motorcycle club. It's Sons of Anarchy meets The Office.
Hold on a second: who's playing the smoking hot chick?
We've just secured a deal with Youtube celeb and Maxim model Taryn Southern:
Nice! OK, continue.
The show takes place in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and takes the piss out of nerds and motorbikers... and old people.... and everything else.
The show features killer motorbikes, sexy ladies, geeks doing dangerous stuff, a great sense of humour, and a soundtrack packed with music from the best up and coming bands in the Irish rock scene.
Most likely, you're fascinated by the vast seedy underworld of outlaw motorcycle clubs, and want to be in one, kicking ass and taking names. Since in reality you're sitting at your computer not doing that, you should at least get to watch a show about what it would be like if you were.
Why about bikers?
We love bikers. Some of us are bikers. Our satire is borne of the love of the biker culture, and, of course, the iron.
Who's on your production team?
That's us, the production company. Our parent company, Banjax, has provided funding and support.
Kieran Doherty - Writer
Kieran is part comedian, part salesman, and part sorcerer. I could see him someday ruling the world.
He has been a writer and producer for TV for the last 7 years. His credits include Get Smarter in a Week (BBC / BNN), Over Here (BBC), and Just For Laughs (BBC), Take The Money and Run (ABC), Find Me The Funny (BBC), The David Meade Project (BBC) and Secret Fortune (BBC).
Luca Rocchini - Director of Photography
He's Italian. If that's not sexy enough for you, his work has played all over the world including the 2011 Sundance Film Festival. He's also the recipient of the 2010 Kodak/Nahemi cinematography award.
Black North - Animation
Black North consistently churns out quality animation. I love working with these guys:
Our soundtrack will come from the best up and coming rock bands in Ireland and Northern ireland. Expect music from bands such as Swanee River, Stonecrow, Mojo Fury, LaFaro, The Bonnevilles, Triggerman, and Million Dollar Reload.
Why a webseries?
Web series are the future of entertainment. Free of the constraints of networks, we believe a web series can provide you with entertainment that's just as good as what you see on TV, that you can watch any time, for free. We love web series, and The Clandestine is a kick ass script that just screams to get made.
What's the status of the production?
The scripts have all been written, and we've completed the first 2 episodes. Production for the remaining 11 episodes is scheduled to start in September, and our series premiere is scheduled for late October.
How is The Clandestine funded?
Our show will be funded through Kickstarter, sponsors, Banjax, and Northern Ireland's film commission, Northern Ireland Screen.
If you total Season 1 up it'll be as long as a feature film. We're committed to making the show every bit as quality as something you'd watch on TV, so there are numerous costs involved including pay for cast and crew, contracts, insurance, permits, and equipment rental, vfx, colour grading, and music licensing.
We've been in the game for a while though, and we know how to pinch a penny. Every last bit raised is going into the production, so the more we raise, the more bad ass it will be.
Is there just one more cool thing you have in your bag of tricks, to convince me to pledge more?
In fact, there is. In anticipation of the release of the series, we're creating an Alternate Reality Game. You can try to find it on your own, but one of the pledges on the right gets you an email to the rabbit hole.
OK, I want to give you a lot of money. What button do I press?
Check out the pledges on the right, and pick one. Thank you so much for your support!
(Read all steps before you begin)
1. Click on "Back This Project" on the right side at the top of this page.
2. Enter your pledge amount, and select the corresponding reward. You can select any single reward less than or equal to the amount you're pledging. Then click "Continue to Next Step" at the bottom of the page.
3. You must then Log In to Kickstarter. I recommend logging in using Facebook, its easy and will present you with simple instructions. Otherwise, you must create an account for Kickstarter, but that's also quick and easy.
4. Click "Continue to Amazon"
5. If you have an Amazon account, simply enter your email address and password to sign in, authorize the payment, and you're done! If you don't have an Amazon account, you just have to create an account by entering your email address, password, and then enter your credit card details. Then authorize the payment and you're done!
Support this project
- (42 days)