An enchanting Adventure/RPG set in a magical realm. Master spells, battle foes, and quest forth in this full-length game. Read more
This project was successfully funded on March 23, 2013.
Winter 2014 Summit
First things first, some belated happy new year's greetings to our dedicated acolytes! We've got quite a bit to report to you regarding Iginor's construction.
Himalaya Summit Meeting 2014 (and beyond)
From the virtual pen of Daniel Stacey
Chris and I caught up for over a week, in real time and space in Melbourne Australia, to work on outstanding design issues and to cement a plan of attack as we move forward into this, the most pertinent stages of the game’s development.
As a result, the past few weeks have seen a phenomenal amount completed, both design and coding wise. Here are just a few of these achievements:
- The Priestess' Palace labyrinth, assembled over an eye-watering span of just two days, is now fully navigable and ready to be explored.
- It’s in this very maze that we can now meet a collection of our esteemed backers… bodiless and bloodied, they are a worthy addition to the treacherous Amun-Cul’s collection.
- Evoker tier backers have begun to make an appearance as full-bodied sprites and we are determining where these extras can appear in-game. In both cases, much painstaking work has been undertaken to ensure that the likeness of said backers is captured as accurately as possible.
- The palace of Amul-Cul now contains a mural room, which must be solved… in additional to an intriguing, intuitive, puzzle-driven treasury room where not all is as it seems.
- D’arc’s non-combative spells have undertaken some serious refinement. He can now float (as an Air Mage) and a particle system has been implemented to accommodate his Jet spell (Water Mage).
- The crossing of the lake, an enchanted expanse which must be navigated in a certain way, is now fully scripted… another incredibly speedy accomplishment.
- A major redesign of the puzzles leading up to the Priestess’ palace has meant a more immersive experience for the player. A new character has been added, and those originally included to be mere traders now have a much greater role in the storyline.
- The boss battle for Act 1, and its relevant combat strategies, are being diligently coded as we speak.
- An insane amount of art assets for Act 1 have been completed and now look unbelievably awesome in-game.
These are just a few milestones that we have achieved and we're looking forward to accomplishing even more!
We have set an internal goal to complete each game Act within a set time and we're pushing like mad to reach it. At the time of writing, we are agonizingly close to finalizing Act 1 (of 4) and our team is looking forward to playing through it and getting - for the first time - a proper feel for how the game is steadily shaping up.
We announced in our last update that we had just started working on the wastelands region, it’s not fully playable yet, but we’ve made significant progress. Check out this video showing off the construction of a Burrower-infested wasteland in the AGS engine, by our programmer, Jason Mearls!
The Wastelands: An ideal place to build a summer home!
Iginor’s inhabitants have been showing up in droves and we can't wait to send them home to you! Our entire storage space is filled wall-to-wall with glorious resin figures.
We're currently working on manufacturing the Demon's Deal decks, and the 50-page hardcover art book. We worked out the specs with the printer and are formatting the backgrounds to make them transition seamlessly from the screen to quality paper. Our artist John Paul Selwood has been churning out the artwork for the decks like a demon! (Pun fully intended.)
Even though today's games have more capabilities on devices a fraction of the size of yesteryear’s computers, and the feelies were often intended to expand on aspects of the plot that disk space couldn't accomplish in adventures of olde, we really wanted to ensure authenticity and go above and beyond the stuff that used to come in old school boxes.
Mage's Initiation on Steam Greenlight
As we approach Mage’s Initiation’s first anniversary on Greenlight, we're now teetering at 99% of the way to the Top 100 games, after another 50 titles were greenlit last week. Please help us break the Top 100 barrier! Tell your friends, family, dog, chiropractor, or anything with at least one mouse-clicking digit/appendage/apparatus. As of this moment, we only need 47 more “yes” votes to breach the hull of the magical steam mothership. And then… green us up, Scotty!
Al Emmo on Groupees - Pay what you want!
We’re on the Groupees Retro 2 Bundle! This past November we released the Enhanced edition of Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine, featuring revamped 2D cutscenes, a new protagonist voice, and 20 added achievements. If you haven’t snagged a copy yet, pop on over to Groupees while the getting's good -- you can pay what you want for Al and 7 other games! The Gobliiins trilogy is also in the bundle which should provide added incentive for all you hardcore adventurers.As a bonus, you'll also get the Al Emmo OST (53-tracks) as an mp3 download. But only for 1.5 more days!
We’ve also partnered with the Humble Bundle, and if you'd prefer, you can purchase Al Emmo via their widget on our website. Or if you're an advocate of crypto-currency, you can buy the game with Bitcoin, too.
We're excited to have made so much headway on this incredible journey, and we're very appreciative that you've been a part of it-- we can't believe a year ago at this time, we were feverishly planning this campaign, and the day we pushed the “Launch” button seemed so far away. So much happens within a year! Stay warm until next time!
The Himalaya Studios Team