OhioProg 2012: Ohio's Premiere Progressive Rock Festival
OhioProg 2012: Ohio's Premiere Progressive Rock Festival
September 7, 8 & 9 of 2012 at the Canton Palace Theatre. Secure a seat to see FM, Nightingale, Arena, Glass Hammer & more
September 7, 8 & 9 of 2012 at the Canton Palace Theatre. Secure a seat to see FM, Nightingale, Arena, Glass Hammer & more Read more
About this project
The OhioProg Festival Website | www.ohioprog.com
The Ohio Progressive Rock Association is proud to present the inaugural year of OhioProg. OhioProg 2012 | Ohio's Premiere Progressive Rock Festival is set to take place over three days, September 7th, 8th & 9th of 2012 at the Canton Palace Theatre in Canton, Ohio. An exceptional line-up has been assembled featuring thirteen bands spanning five countries which includes "A Tribute to the Classics" Friday Pre-Show. "Main Event" Saturday & Sunday and a Saturday Night "After-Party".
$45 Friday, September 7, 2012 Pre-Show Ticket
$135 Saturday/Sunday, September 8 & 9, 2012 Regular Seat Ticket
$180 3-Day Weekend Regular Seat Ticket
$250 Saturday/Sunday, September 8 & 9, 2012 Patron Seat Ticket
$300 3-Day Weekend Patron Seat Ticket
view additional ticket packages here on the right ------------------------->
Friday, September 7, 2012 “A Tribute to the Classics” Pre-Show
- 5:00pm - 6:30pm Going for the One perform the music of Yes (USA)
- 7:00pm - 8:30pm Gende’s Giant perform the music of Gentle Giant (USA)
- 9:00pm - 11:00pm Script for a Jester’s Tour perform the music of Marillion featuring original Marillion drummer Mick Pointer and Nick Barrett of Pendragon (UK)
Saturday, September 8, 2012 “Main Event”
- 11:00am - 12:15pm Orphan Project (USA)
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm Persephone’s Dream (USA)
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm RC2 (Spain)
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm Glass Hammer (USA)
- 10:00pm - 12:00am FM (Canada)
Saturday, September 8, 2012 “After-Party” at The Auricle
- 12:45pm - 1:15am Dag Swanö (Sweden)
- 1:20am - 2:00am Gravity (USA)
Sunday, September 9, 2012 “Main Event”
- 11:00am - 12:15pm Kinetic Element (USA)
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm After the Fall (USA)
- 3:30pm - 5:00pm Cryptic Vision (USA)
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm Arena (UK)
- 10:00pm - 12:00am Nightingale (Sweden)
The line-up is 100% confirmed and all of the bands are 100% committed to the festival and our approach to the event. They are all very eager to perform for you, their fans!! Continue on to learn how you can cheer along with a thousand other progressive rock fans and help make this a success!!
OhioProg 2012 has turned to crowd funding platform Kickstarter to help ensure its success by rolling out a “Pledge Your Ticket” program. By pledging at various tiers you can secure a ticket of your choice to either the Pre-Show or "Main Event", or both. Several packages are available for your consideration to help reach the funding goal. Audience Member Packages are for those audience members looking to secure a regular seat ticket. Patron Member Packages are available for those who wish to have first choice of seats and include special patron status for the festival. The Founding Member Packages were created with the super-fan in mind. A number of specialized rewards have been included for specialized pledges. Fan Member Packages are also for those who may not be able to attend but are fans and want to pledge their support.
Your pledge will help fund all aspects of the festival; fees, lodging, transportation and visas for the artists, venue fees, vending and merchandising, paperwork and permits, stage support and all other costs and expenses. By pledging your ticket you will not only help ensure the success of OhioProg 2012 but also help in consideration for future years should the goal be exceeded.
The festival has adopted Kickstarter’s project criteria so that if funding goals are not met by the end of the day January 2, 2012, the festival will be cancelled and pledge funds will not be processed. Your pledge will only be processed starting on January 3, 2012 if, and only if the funding goal is met. This is a unique and great opportunity for you to help put together a festival for the fans, funded by the fans, and enjoyed by the fans of progressive rock.
OHIOPROG 2012 VENUEwww.ohioprog.com/venue
OhioProg is proud to begin its history in Canton, and feels it will be right at home in the heart of the Downtown Canton Arts District. There are many great amenities in the area for visitors. Over 30 restaurants, bars and coffee shops within walking distance of the venue. Attendees will find 100 shopping destinations including the Westfield Belden-Village Shopping Mall and many one-of-a-kind shops unique to Canton. There are plenty of attractions, parks and recreational choices, including the McKinley National Monument and The Pro Football Hall of Fame. Dedicated sections can be found on the OhioProg website highlighting each of these amenities. Canton is also conveniently located within an hour of the major cities of Cleveland, Akron and Columbus, Ohio.
Fans traveling from abroad will be happy to see several host hotels to choose from, including the McKinley Grand Hotel, OhioProg 2012’s main host hotel. The hotel is located just 4 blocks from the venue and is within walking distance to the OhioProg festivities. A generous group rate is being offered by the McKinley Grand Hotel, including garage parking and free shuttle service from the Akron-Canton airport. Thorpe’s Market Avenue Grill and Thorpe’s Pub are among the 30 dining options downtown and both are located inside the hotel for guests’ convenience. Rooms are expected to fill up fast, and guest are encouraged to make reservations early by calling locally and asking for the OhioProg 2012 group rate. A list of additional area hotels, including additional host hotels with group rates, can be found on the OhioProg website.
OHIOPROG 2012 HOST HOTELS
McKinley Grand Hotel
20 Market Avenue South
Canton, OH 44702
Hampton Inn &
256 Broadmoor Circle
Canton, OH 44709
345 Broadmoor Circle
Canton, OH 44709
Holiday Inn Canton
4520 Everhard Road
Canton, OH 44718
Headlining day one of OhioProg 2012 is the return of FM. Cameron Hawkins' Canadian progressive rock act reforms with two brand new members to perform for the first time in nearly six years. 2011 marks the 35th anniversary of the band’s inception. Glass Hammer will also headline and play ahead of FM on Saturday, celebrating their 20th year at OhioProg 2012! Headlining day two, Dan Swanö and brother Dag Swanö return from Sweden to bring their progressive rock act, Nightingale, back to the US for only their second appearance here in the States; the first since 2001. Mick Pointer, Clive Nolan, John Jowitt, John Mitchell and Paul Manzi round out the all-star cast of the veteran UK progressive rock band Arena. Jowitt returns to Arena on bass and the band will have a new album under their belt before the festival. RC2 from Barcelona will be making their first US appearance at OhioProg 2012. After nearly 20 years together, Persephone’s Dream comes from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and despite living minutes away from the Ohio border they have not once performed in Ohio. Orphan Project, from Maryland are influenced by Kansas, Yes, Dream Theater and Peter Gabriel. Connecticut based band, After the Fall, have also reformed for an OhioProg 2012 appearance. Formed in the 80's their most recent release, “kNOwleDGE,” came out in 2005. Not only have they reformed to perform at the fest, but are also working on new material and will be performing a new piece to the OhioProg 2012 audience. Hailing from Florida, progressive rock festival veterans, Cryptic Vision, return to the festival circuit with a new album forthcoming, the third album in a trilogy started in 2003 with “Moments of Clarity”. Kinetic Element from Virginia will open up Sunday performing material from their debut album Powered by Light released in 2009.
Headlining the “A Tribute to the Classics” pre-show is Script for a Jester’s Tour, a Marillion tribute act featuring original Marillion drummer Mick Pointer, Nick Barrett of Pendragon and Mike Varty of Credo. They will play alongside Going for the One who are known nationally for their spot-on performances of Yes classics. Also performing is a rare appearance by Gende's Giant. Led by Mike Gende, This Illinois group come together to perform the complex, intricate and classic music of Gentle Giant.
The Official OhioProg 2012 “After-Party” will be held at The Auricle and start after the conclusion of day one's "Main Event," Saturday September 8, 2012 The "After-Party" will feature a performance by Northeast Ohio's own award winning progressive rock act, Gravity. Also a rare solo set from Nightingale guitarist Dag Swanö. In fact, his first solo performance in the States! The Auricle is located steps from the Canton Palace Theatre. The "After-Party" will be open to all OhioProg 2012 ticket holders who wish to attend as part of the weekend festivities and is not limited to ticket level. However, "After-Party" tickets are limited to a number of 400 and will be issued on a first-come first serve basis along with your ticket. When contacting you for seat choice we will ask if you also want an "After-Party" ticket. So if the first 400 people that pledge a ticket want an "After-Party" ticket then at that time it will be sold out. So, be among the first to pledge should you want an "After-Party" ticket. More info at www.ohioprog.com/after-party
Listen to tracks from the bands performing at OhioProg 2012 on our Soundcloud.
A number of specialized pages have been set up on the OhioProg website that will give you all of the info you need for the festival...
...visit the website for even more dedicated pages.
ADDITIONAL TICKETING INFO FOR THOSE PLEDGING
- If you'd like to get a quantity (more than one) of tickets, please select the ticket package of your choice and then double, triple or add the package up respectively based on the number of tickets you will be getting. (example: If you want to get 2 regular seat tickets for all 3-days and select the $180 package, you would select that package and pledge $360)
- Those obtaining patron seat tickets will have the ability to select their seat first. We will contact those who pledged for patron seat tickets first via message through the Kickstarter dashboard which will allow us to ask which seat(s) you'd like to select. The seating chart for the Canton Palace Theatre can be viewed below or on the venue website. We will contact those in order of the timeline of pledges made throughout the campaign (first to last).
- Those obtaining regular seat tickets will have the ability to select their seat after all patron seats are selected. We will contact those who pledged for regular seat tickets through the Kickstarter dashboard which will allow us to ask which seat(s) you'd like to select. The seating chart for the Canton Palace Theatre can be viewed below or on the venue website. We will contact those in order of the timeline of pledges made throughout the campaign (first to last)..
The capacity at the Canton Palace Theatre for OhioProg 2012 is 1450. Each seat provides a glorious view of the stage and scenery.
Canton Palace Theatre | Main Floor Seating Chart (view on venue website or right-click and select view image)
Canton Palace Theatre | Balcony Seating Chart (view on venue website or right-click and select view image)
F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
- I'm new to Kickstarter, where do I get more information on pledging towards this event? We encourage you to read through Kickstarter's FAQ's about backing a project at www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backing a project
- Where is the location of the festival? OhioProg 2012 will be held at the Canton Palace Theatre in Canton, Ohio, USA located at 605 Market Avenue North, Canton, Ohio 44702. For those flying in, it is conveniently located just minutes away from the Akron-Canton Airport. The majority of area hotels, including all our host hotels offer free shuttle service to and from the Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) for your convenience. For those driving you can create custom directions at www.ohioprog.com/directions
- What are the dates of the festival? OhioProg 2012 will be held September 7th, 8th and 9th of 2012. View the band schedule at www.ohioprog.com/schedule
- I'm coming from out of town, where can I stay? There are four host hotels offering generous group rates for those attending OhioProg 2012. Our main host hotel the McKinley Grand Hotel is just a few blocks away from the venue and within walking distance of not only the venue but plenty of dining options. You can get more information on the other host hotels and the entire list of area hotels at www.ohioprog.com/hotels
- When will my pledge be processed? Your pledge and subsequent payment will be processed IF and ONLY IF the funding goal is reached by the end of the day on January 2, 2012. If the goal is not met then pledges are canceled and not processed. Simple as that.
- How do I pay? What payment types are accepted? Payment is through your Amazon account. After selecting your pledge you will checkout using your Amazon or Amazon Payments account, however your pledge will only be processed if, and only if the funding goal is reached. Otherwise pledges are canceled and not processed.
- I'd like to get more than one ticket. How do I do that? If you'd like to get a quantity (more than one) of tickets, please select the ticket package of your choice and then double, triple or add the package up respectively based on the number of tickets you will be getting. (example: If you want to get 2 regular seat tickets for all 3-days and select the $180 package, you would select that package and pledge $360)
- I'm going to the show with a group of people. How do I guarantee that we all sit together? We recommend pledging all of your tickets at once. See "Additional Ticketing Info For Those Pledging" above on how to get a quantity of tickets. Then refer to patron seat selection process or the regular seat selection process (also above), depending on what ticket package you are getting.
- I want to sit right in the front row. How do I make that happen? We are offering patron seat packages which include first choice of seat. This is the best way to get the seat of your choice. See "Additional Ticketing Info For Those Pledging" above for more information on the patron seat selection process. All of the venue's seating offers a great view of stage and scenery.
- When will I receive my ticket? Once all seats are selected through our patron seat selection process and regular seat selection process we will either mail our your tickets or they will be held for you under will call at the Canton Palace Theatre box office - whichever you choose.
- When will I receive the merchandise that is a part of the pledge level I selected? Availability of items: tickets available April 2012, 2CD available December 2012 as it will include a compilation of live tracks from each bands set at OhioProg 2012, other items available September 2012. If you are attending the festival and are receiving merchandise as part of your pledge it will be available for pickup at the festival.
- The pledge level I selected did not include a ticket as I will not be able to attend but wanted to support the event and receive a reward in return. When I will I receive the merchandise that was part of the reward? Availability of items: tickets available April 2012, 2CD available December 2012 as it will include a compilation of live tracks from each bands set at OhioProg 2012, other items available September 2012. Since you are not attending the festival we will mail out your reward based upon the availability terms at the reward level. We will use the Kickstarter dashboard to contact you via email and ask where you would like your reward shipped. We appreciate this support.
- I am interested in the package that includes an artist dinner invitation. Can you tell me more about this reward? One reward at this level is an invitation to attend a special artist dinner with members of OhioProg 2012 artists. Time, date and location are not yet confirmed.
- I am a vendor and interested in getting a table or a booth at the festival. Who do I contact? We are accepting applications for vendors that would like a table or a booth at the festival. Please learn more about vending at OhioProg 2012 by visiting www.ohioprog.com/vendors
Please contact OhioProg Operations Director & Co-Founder, Allen Thompson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or calling 216-200-PROG (7764) Monday - Friday from 11AM-4PM (EST) or Saturday from 11AM-2PM (EST) for help or any additional questions. We thank you in advance for your time and consideration for this unique approach to this great event. We are looking forward to seeing you at OhioProg 2012 | Ohio's Premiere Progressive Rock Festival, "a festival for the fans, funded by the fans, and enjoyed by the fans of progressive rock."
On behalf of the OhioProg 2012 staff, we thank you for your consideration: Allen Gunnison, Jason George, Allen Thompson, Ben Toplek & Elly Maranos
OhioProg 2012 is presented by the Ohio Progressive Rock Association
*schedule times subject to change
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (60 days)