Justsome of the bike seat Brands and Models the Aeroclam fits
Assembly to bike seat Video
In our eyes a clumsy leaky canvas bag that ‘hung’ from the seat of a bicycle and moved about was never going to integrate well on a sleek cool road bike and was ripe for redesign.
After extensive surveying with road cyclists, what we have designed is effectively a plastic injection molded ‘clam’
comprising top and bottom sections hinged in the middle and with a rubber latch to securely hold the clam together instead of the troublesome zipper.
The Aeroclam is attached to the bike seat via a clamp over the seat rails.
Purpose - to store a minimalist tightly squeezed puncture repair kit
• 1 tube
• 1 CO2 canister
• 1 CO2 applicator
• 1 slimline multitool
• 2 tire levers.
We’ve put a lot of research, commitment and finance into designing this bicycle project, not only to be strong, light, easily accessible and to eliminate the zipper, but also to make the project universal to fit as many bike seat brands and models as possible. In doing this we've covered a large percentage of the 'minimalist storage' road bicycle market. The major bike seat brands and models the Aeroclam doesn't fit we have prototypes for and ready to go into production.
We also ran the functions mentioned above parallel with aesthetics integrating to the sleekness of the bike seat, and ultimately the road bike as a whole. Style and Aesthetics have been very important motivating design factors for this project, but of course, secondary to functionality.
The term ‘Aero’ has been used to describe many hanging canvas saddle bags but we now feel it’s a term well deserved with the release of Cyckit’s ‘Aeroclam’. The Aeroclam is made from high impact injection molded plastic that is, tough, durable and very light weight. The days of Velcro, failing zippers and frayed leaky canvas are finally over!
We now need your generous support to help us finish the P2 mold and get this unique bike project out into the cycling world so the features listed below can be experienced and enjoyed by our Backers first, then other cyclists. We're currently buried in the depths of Kickstarter and need backing/support to give us this momentum. so please help us by emailing this link. Thanks!
• Injected molded plastic – Won’t rot or degrade + no stitching
• Watertight – Designed to keep water out
• Solid mounted – No annoying movement & quiet in operation
• Easy to fit – ‘A’ Single 4mm bolt. 45 seconds fitting with seat off
• Tough – 2mm high impact plastic. This clam could outlast you!
• No zip – To break/leak or jam + quick easy access to content
• Rubber Latch - Component replaceable if ever fails, unlike a zipper
• Light weight – 109 grams
• Easy to clean – Inside/outside
• Fits multi seat types [see video]
• Designed for bodily clearance on any seat
• UV Resistant
• No more paint rubbing Velcro straps
Should we be successfully funded the funds will be reinvested into finishing our P2 injection mold. Should we be more than successfully funded, we'll start manufacturing work on some of the big brand clam prototypes the current Aeroclam does not fit. If you back us now you effectively back us for the future. Thankyou
Risks and challenges
One risk we face now is not finding enough road cyclists within our own networks, Social Media etc and within the Kickstarter community to help us reach our funding target as we are still a small niche market inside a huge cycling market. We really hope you can spread this link far and wide so you and a few bike riders can be the first to experience this much needed cool project.
Kickstarter is so much a better option than the bank and other investors!
Our biggest challenge now is to get the injection mold completed on time. Designing the project to fit multi bike seat brands is challenging enough but designing the injection mold is a time consuming and complex operation that needs to be kept on track with regular Rapid Prototyping to make sure everything is kept within exact tolerances. We nearly have the design completed now so our estimate of May delivery time for rewards should be accurate..... maybe even before!
Unfortunately the Aeroclam won't fit the Aronie seat as it's a completely different shape. The good news is we'll be tooling for an Aronie clam soon after we launch the P1 and P2 projects.
We have a cool prototype for this all ready to go!
Rubber latch is an excellent substitute to the troublesome zippers.
Tension of the rubber more then keeps the clam together and the eyelets won't come off.
The rubber latch is also quick and easy to operate.
When testing the rubber latch I slid it over the buttons over 500 times and the rubber held it's composition like new. 500 open and closes is 250 punchers!
I have also tested the rubber for it's claimed UV properties having it sitting in the sun for six months.
It hasn't hardened at all.
If for some reason one ever fails it can be bought and replaced. Unlike a zipper.
• Name praise on website + personal profile with image under the ‘I Kickstarted Cyckit’ tab •'I Kickstarted Cyckit' bumper stickers mailed to you • One Aeroclam P1 or P2 of your choice • Also the top section of P1 or P2 [the one you didn't order]
• Name praise on website + personal profile with image under the ‘I Kickstarted Cyckit’ tab •'I Kickstarted Cyckit' bumper stickers mailed to you • An Aeroclam in straight black or white or we can mix top and bottom sections to black or white on your request • Also the clam top section of P1 or P2 [the one you didn't order in either black or white]• Cyckit Logo Tee shirt - Black or White with ‘I Kickstarted Cyckit’