This video visually describes some functionality of Okapi:
- Okapi optimizes the solar heating experience by delivering heat at floor level.
- Okapi is weather sensitive. Okapi tracks heating and cooling trends inside your solar collectors and uses them to predict forthcoming solar heat potential, while intelligently and accurately controlling variable speed fans.
- Okapi Bluetooth transmits important data from your solar heater EVERY SECOND! Inlet temperatures, Outlet temperatures, Fan speeds, as well as the Ambient temperature can be monitored or logged so that you can see exactly how your solar collectors are performing!
- Okapi can be powered off-grid by 12v battery, charge controller and solar PV panels, giving the advantage of free indoor heating when the sun shines!
- Okapi is backed by almost 3 years of Research and Development, testing and tweaking and has been available as a consumer product for a number of months now.
- Okapi Bluetooth is brand new. The pledge prices reflect significant savings compared to the price point we will list Okapi Bluetooth at, on our website, after this campaign is over.
Do you know someone who is building a Solar Air heater? Let them know about Okapi. Or, better still, buy one here as a gift for them!
Solar Air Heaters with No Okapi? Thermal imagery proves you are just heating your ceiling.
With Okapi, the floor and furniture is heated (saving your primary heat source from blowing hard earned cash doing the same).
The following video is a brief demonstration of the Okapi Manager App (for Bluetooth enabled Android devices). The app is demonstrated to show it connecting to four Okapi 2 Bluetooth systems SIMULTANEOUSLY! Allowing the user to view the data from up to EIGHT solar air heaters.
The Okapi Manager app is currently in an alpha state but has all required functionality.
The following video was added to the campaign on September 14th. Updates have been made to the app including a unique display for the Okapi tSense product and power output (watts or BTUs/hour) calculations for your solar air heaters!
The following is an instructional video on how to connect a Windows 8 Bluetooth enabled system to an Okapi 2 Bluetooth system, for the purposes of logging data. You can connect to as many Okapi Bluetooth units as your system allows, log all data and analyse or graph it using a program such as MS Excel.
See details, pictures and creative uses for the "Okapi Bluetooth tSense" here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2107309041/okapi-bluetooth-the-solar-air-heater-control-syste/posts
You think this is a great idea and want to pledge! Click on the top pledge option on the right!
You want to purchase a discounted Okapi Bluetooth system right now! Read through the other pledges and simply click on the option that best suits your needs!
You want more information about solar air heating. Please check out our company website for further details and links to reference material.
You want to take a look at Jon Hare's latest game. Here it is: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/word-explorer/id518324505?mt=8
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for a chance to win a programmable microcontroller and electronics kit! Details here: http://www.greenhillenvirotechnologies.com/greenhill-posts/contests/winabasicstampkit
Risks and challenges
This is our second Kickstarter project, after the original Okapi system was successfully funded in 2013. Although this gives us the experience, it does not make us complacent. There might be a slight issue with supply of one of the components used in the Okapi system, however we have spoken with the manufacturer and have been assured it is just a distributor issue and it will be resolved by the end of September.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (38 days)