A Shepherd's strategy card game with board game elements to spice up the fun factor, with resource management and dice chucking battle.
A Shepherd's strategy card game with board game elements to spice up the fun factor, with resource management and dice chucking battle. Read more
FLOCKED! is a true Hybrid tabletop game, combining elements of Card Games with Elements of Board Games. One of the best features of tabletop games is the opportunity to generate different experiences. FLOCKED! achieves this with two distinct modes of play (Little & Big Shepherd), 2-4 Player support, a 5-6 player expansion, and a strategic, multiple paths to victory, Expansion.
Little Shepherd Mode
In Little Shepherd Mode you get to play without the burdens of Finances and Duplicity. This mode appeals to those wishing to enjoy faster-paced games like traditional card games offer up.
- Quicker Games (By Removal of Money Handling)
- Highest Infusion of Sheep (from Gain Sheep Cards) (Random)
- Only One Special Season to Track
- Automatically Play Any Gear in Hand
Big Shepherd Mode
In Big Shepherd Mode you get to play with more strategy, balancing decisions to spend and acquire or to play rotten and enlist a robber for Hire. This mode appeals to players who enjoy immersive experiences and the expanded control and strategy board games typically are known for.
- Increased Immersive Experience with Economic Side of Shepherding
- Strategic Acquisition of Sheep on Market Days (Strategy Element)
- Required Budgeting of Funds to Place Gear Into Play (Strategy Element)
- Hiring Robbers to Target Gear and Sheep (Strategy Element)(Reducing Impact of Randomly Obtained Gear by Other Players & Increasing your Flock while Reducing Others.)
5-6 Player Expansion (LOCKED)
In this expansion, we add more player support along with a few additional animals, new weapons, and an in-between turn wagering with dice subgame introduced.
Multiple Sheep Paths Expansion (LOCKED)
In this expansion, we transition gameplay from one single condition of victory to a combination of 6. You may score points off having the Most Gold/Oil/Shears, Sheep Count, Flocked Points, Valor points, Building a Sheep Pen, and Hired Men.
Additional Unique Features:
- Hired Men (Extra Defense in Battle and Worth Victory Points)
- Kennel Master (Convert a Hired man to Kennel Master to keep more than one Dog to protect sheep and fend off robbers)
- Multiple Combatants (Use Hired Men or Team up with Other Shepherd's, for a price, to Overcome Foes)
- Larger Foes (Raiding Parties, Packs of Wolves, A Den of Lions)
- Stackable Damage Cards (Played with Adverse Cards to Increase Adversity [Scatter sheep, Damage Shepherds Gear])
- Dual Wielding (Adding Multiple Weapons Scores Together to Your Defense Bonus)
- Locust & Famine (Attacks Players Pasture Cards)
- Caravan Cards (Replaces RANDOM Merchant Cards from the Deck with Random Caravan Cards, Adding a STOREFRONT for Players to Choose Their Purchases Strategically)
- Multiple Scoring Criteria (Variety of ways to win)
In either mode of play, there will be choices made to play adverse cards or be benevolent. Adverse cards are not usually automatic so there is a bit of Dice Chucking involved along with potential Bonus' gathered by equipment acquisition and Bonus' Resources gained through Benevolence.
The choice to forego using adverse cards for a whole round opens up the possibility to be benevolent and gain Flocked Points by giving away sheep to the shepherd with the smallest flock. These Gems are crucial to influencing outcomes of battling for, herding, feeding and healing your sheep. They are represented by Tokens that are golden on one side and silver on the other. When active you flip them over to the golden side, when used up, you flip them back to the silver side. Maximum 5 per player.
Each Player runs through 4 basic phases of play on every turn.
There are three basic card types that players can draw and play, they are Good cards, Bad or Adverse cards, and finally, there are Merchant cards, necessary for obtaining shepherd gear.
Every round represents all the events that occur within a month, and each player gets a turn before the round is complete. Once complete the timekeeper will advance the round to the next month.
FLOCKED! is a game of Seasons. The main seasons are made up of 3 rounds or months. At the end of each season, there is a reckoning of pastures gained for sheep and food for the shepherd and his help. Shortfalls to cover these can prove harmful to the growth of your flock and/or budget. In addition to these seasons, there are Months that special events occur; such as Market Day, Shearing Season, and Lambing Season.
- 8" x 6" x 3.3" Box 2mm
- 94 Poker Sized Cards - Draw Deck
- 300 GSM 14 Poker Sized Cards - Players Deck 300GSM
- 99 Currency Tokens 0.75" 2mm 20 FLOCKED! POINT Tokens 0.75" 2mm
- 1 Sheep Token 0.75" 2mm
- 1 Lambing Season Token Window 2mm
- 1 Pair of Custom Silk Screen Print d6 Dice (EXCLUSIVE!)
- 4 Player Boards 4" x 7.6" 2mm 1 Wilderness Tile 3.5" x 4" 2mm
- 1 Custom 7 Cell Coin Tray 7.6" L x 2.6" W x 2.3" D 1mm Thick
- 1 Card & Dice Insert 7.6" L x 3.0" W x 2.3" D 1mm Thick
- 4 White Sheeples 12mm x 12mm x 8mm
- 1 Black Sheeple 12mm x 12 mm x 8 mm
Stretch goals are factored in and we decided to go all or nothing with Quality, not making them a stretch goal. From the start, there will be thick 2mm boxes, 300GSM cards, High Res Images, full 2mm thick tokens, A full 1mm thick plastic Custom Insert Coin Tray. In addition to this, the 5-6 player & Multiple Sheep Paths Expansion Games are not available to acquire in separate more expensive reward levels. If we are successful you get a high-quality game, but More Success yields a copy of the 1st expansion, and if more backers join the cause then the next Expansion will be added with no increase in cost or shipping. As we get closer to unlocking the Expansions we will Reveal the Stretch Goal amount. This is our First Project and we wanted to design it so the backer gets The "Lions" share of the fun.
"I also like that there are two modes of play. You can play Little Shepherd mode quickly if you have limited time or are playing with young children or Big Shepherd if you want more challenge and a longer game. It is a fun game of strategy for all ages." - Megan Byrd
FLOCKED! is a Beautifully crafted Game that will use the Kickstarter Platform to complete the Illustrations to replace the placeholders as well as generating the funds required to start a minimum order quantity to get this game from the prototype table to yours!
EVOLUTION OF ART
FULL CARD ART
Risks and challenges
This is our first Kickstarter and we first began our journey researching how to run a campaign and fulfill the order over a year prior. Obviously leaning into the practices of Industry leaders such as Jamey Stegmaier and James Mathe along with ongoing dialogue with other Creators, Publishers, and Backers.
We have created simple reward levels and attainable Low Goals to fund, along with timetables for the artist to wrap on illustrations, production time, and fulfillment. There are however always risks and delays that can come from artist, production, or any number of shipping changes. We look forward to the challenges.
Our experiences allow us confidence in executing this endeavor, Having run 40+ successful Events for clients under budget and on time (weather permitting), we understand coordinating Many Vendors and Moving pieces. My Particular Background is Customer service related across various industries and included working as an CS & Operations Coordinator for a 15M division of a Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company. Spinning Plates and keeping them all spinning is what we do best.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)