60 000€ stretch goal : choose your color !
For example on Le Switch in Black Shadow and Silver Grey:
Why is Linkio different than the other smart home solutions ?
- ~ 3 times lower in price than any competitors, no monthly fee, no contract plan
- Scalable to your needs: from 1 module to an entire system
- You keep the control of your data, nothing is stored in our servers
- Compatible with other existing systems (Smartthings, Somfy, Philipps, Chacon, Veralite, Surveillance cameras, Weather stations ...)
- Open to developers, make your own devices / App
Linkio plugs are compatible with the electrical outlets: USA, Canada, UK, European Union, most of South America, most of Asia and some African countries (see map lower).
What will you be able to do ?
”Le Plug” includes many international inserts- it allows any connected device to be controlled or switched on and off by the mobile app. It consumes very low power ( less than 100 mW) in ilde mode.
This allows you to:
- Program and control “scenarios” with one click- this allows multiple devices to change to a pre-determined state with one click
- Remotely shut down potentially dangerous devices and appliances such as your hair straightener or oven.
We will provide worldwide plug types (types are just examples)
Fully compatible with 110V/240V, up to 10A. Support for 16A is on its way.
Here is a video of how to use Le Plug in real life:
Energy consumption (updated !)
“Le Switch“ replaces mechanical wall switches and allows lights and ceiling fans to be controlled manually (using the wall switch) and by using the smartphone app. It consumes very low power ( less than 100 mW) in ilde mode.
Le Switch is normally wired with 4 wires but can also work with 2 wires with a longlife rechargeable battery (on demand).
- Control lighting “scenarios” to simulate presence in your home
- Control the lights inside your home while you’re away- this allows you to save on energy,even if you forgot to turn off the lights before you leave!
- Control your ceiling fans when you’re not home and make sure that your house is cool by the time you return.
“Le Remote” turns your phone into a remote for any of your devices by syncing with an existing IR remote’s sequence and displaying the buttons in the app.
This allows you to:
- Control your TV and change the channels using your smartphone
- Control the A/C temperature
- Control any of your electronic devices that has a remote
Le Fire Detector:
Fire detectors are essential for your safety at home but what if you can't hear the alarm ? Linkio connects the certified Linkio Fire Detector to your smartphone to warn you directly if something's wrong at home! You can call emergency if necessary!
Connect it to any internet box and make the link between you and your connected appliances with the Linkio modules.
- Data is stored locally in a database, no use of external servers
- Users privileges
- Compatible with Z-wave, Zigbee and 433/860 MHz devices -
- Native USB port: Plug & Play USB camera, USB sticks or hard drive
- Run your own scripts to customize your Linkio
- Mesh grid; each module extend the total range of Linkio
- Secured via your password and encryption
Hardware compatibility, you'll be able to download App to control them:
- Smartthings, Somfy, Philipps, Chacon, Veralite,
- Surveillance cameras, Weather stations
Our App is available on iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
Linkio is designed to be completely open- this enables developers to create new modules, essentially making Linkio completely customizable. All developers need to you can currently purchase here for €79- each additional individual DevKit is available for only 10€ each.
The DevKit can be used in 2 differents ways depending on the target application.
- The standalone mode allows you to create and independent modules with the DevKit without the use of external micro-controllers. The typical use is for creating sensors. It lets you control the following elements with our API.
- The partner mode allows you to use the DevKit as a communication module with any MCU.
Even if the beta version is functioning, we need your support to produce the final release version of the Linkio items. This includes:
- Plastic injection molds for each item - Le Hub (3 parts), Le Plug (3 parts), Le Switch (3 parts) and Le Remote (3 parts),
- Mass order of electronic parts to fit out cost plan,
- Final packaging (hoven soldering, assembly),
- Device certifications: FCC, IC, and CE for electrical certifications in countries mentioned above.
Meanwhile, we will continue to develop the software for Le Hub (Linux based) and enhance our security protocols (ssl encryption and Linkio RF protocol).
We also like the idea of making Linkio evolve from your feedback. As we displayed in the video, Linkio is designed to make life easier for everyone.
Please tell us your thought about our product and we’ll do our best to adapt Linkio to match you expectations! The only way for us to do this, is with your help and support.
1. Initial prototypes - proof of concept
We have assembled simple electronic components to validate our basic features: The control of Le Plug with a simple web page. In this video, we demonstrate a proof of concept of Linkio to control a fan with Le Plug.
2. Design of prototypes - version alpha
The CAD design of the hub:
3. PCB - version alpha
Example of Le Plug PCB with components:
4. 3D printing - version alpha (dance time !)
We have 3D printed our alpha prototypes with a K8200 3D printer in PLA.
The final prototypes:
5. App design - version alpha
The App has been designed to be easy to use. Pairing is done by a long touch (3 seconds) on the touch button and the app will popup a pairing request. Also, preset scenarios can be configured and access through the preset link on the app.
The beta version of the Linkio prototypes are the ones shown in the main video or in the use cases.
Linkio has built a team of scientists, engineers and designers to create a system that allows consumers to use a mobile app to control any electronic device. Linkio has offices in The United States, France, and The Netherlands which allows the team to utilize the best technology in the world. Linkio's goal is to offer consumers simple and affordable solutions for home automation.
Meet the team:
Thibault Honegger & Kevin Berton - co-founders
Francois Marty - CEO
Serge & Stéphanie Roux - Designers
Antoine Bourrier - Software engineer
Lennart de Vreede - Software engineer
Timothé Flenet - Hardware engineer
Check out what people are saying about Linkio:
French press and TV :
US and all around the world (google):
Risks and challenges
Linkio is a complex project but your help will make it possible to minimise the risks weighing upon it, we've done our best to handle them from the beginning of the conception.
Components were chosen carefully to assure the certification in every country in which Linkio is available, and they rely on wildely used industry standards.
We already have several suppliers ready for mass components delivery, different assemblers in europe and USA.
The team combines all the fields of expertise required to carry a proper evolution of the Linkio environment, and enough experience to resolve any unexpected problem.
Now we are really close to mass production, and in order to keep the project on track during this phase, we chose local suppliers to keep an eye on the production and keep the transport to a minimum.
Bringing the prototypes to life was a great commitment for the whole team, so be assured that we will do our best effort to bring Linkio to you in a timely fashion.
We will be updating every backer consistently on every step of progress we make. And all the team will be engaged in customer support, so feel free to ask us any question you have.
Thank you for your support !Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)