About this project
I am independent game developer Vince Guzman from Pinche Games. My team and I have created the RPG THE Organization, a randomized strategy game of chess called Pinchess, a dice pool game of good guys versus bad guys called Shootout and a couple of mini RPG’s that allow you to have the RPG experience without taking so much time. With little time to spare in this ever so hectic, technologically driven world we love tabletop games that involve technology and can be played quickly but with much fun had for all. So with that in mind we created App’d. We play tested App’d on index cards originally and then we created a functional prototype in order to get a nicer looking product to play test. We have perfected the game and we are ready to go into full blown production, but in order to do that we will need your help.
Our newest game, App’d, takes you into the future where technology is readily available to be downloaded directly into your brain.
Since the object of the game is to download apps into your brain there are plenty of app cards in the deck.
App'd is a game for 2-4 players where players try to be the first to fill up 100% of their brain's space with apps without going over. Players draw cards from the deck trying to get App cards, expansion cards or hardware cards that will help them reach that goal of 100%.
- App cards are Apps that the players can play to fill up their brain, these cards have fun names and short descriptions that are fun plays on things already in existence and some are gamer centered like "Roll Dem Bones" that is shown above.
- Expansion cards are simply expansions of the app, such as a gold or silver addition, that provide additional percentages to increase the value of the app.
- Hardware cards allow the player to upgrade themselves so that they can play additional apps or skip certain phases of play. It all seems simple enough, but nothing in life is easy.
The App’d deck also includes infection cards that cause the player to lose cards or at times lose their whole hand, and hacker cards that allow players to steal from the other players.
- The infection cards are marked so everyone knows that a player has been infected and everyone watches to see what hardship has befallen that player, while being thankful it didn't happen to them.
- Hacker cards allow players to steal cards from one another or from the deck in order to bring them closer to their goal of winning.
App'd is fun to play
App'd is a fun, fast paced game that can be played by people of all ages. Since it is compact and fast paced it can be carried around and played quite easily with friends or family. The game is easy to learn and easy to play when you have a little extra time. We have been playing the game with gamers waiting their turn in the local gaming store, with people wondering around conventions looking for some fun that didn't take up all of their time, with college students looking for some friendly fun between classes and with families looking for some quick family fun after a hectic day. We can't wait for you to get the chance to play App'd too, because we know you will enjoy the fun of App'd. Thank you all for your support.
Risks and challenges
Since we are an independent gaming company we have always printed and packaged our games on our own using items that we purchase online in bulk, from local dealers in San Antonio, TX or simply by going to the local copy store and making copies and binding or packaging our games ourselves. Kickstarter is providing us with an opportunity to actually have a company print and package games for us that we can then provide to the public. Through our contact with other independent game companies and personal research we have found that quality control and shipping are issues that other companies have encountered. We plan on checking and rechecking the quality of the games to ensure that you receive a game that is properly colored and formatted and durable for game play. We also plan on working diligently to ensure that the games are shipped in a timely manner because our main goal is for you to be able to play our game. We appreciate your support and patience as we step into a new chapter in our game development.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)