Willow Tree Boy: The Mystery Of The One Room Schoolhouse
Creating a story book from scratch: writing, illustrating, binding 1000 Softcover&Hardcover Books, all by me.
Synopsis: The story of a boy who was born from a willow tree. He meets a ghost girl named Moonlight who is bound to an abandoned one room schoolhouse. He sets off on an adventure to help his new friend.
While I was in the USA, I was influenced by the beautiful willow trees while taking bike rides on a secluded trail. That scenery stayed with me. When I decided to write this story, I wanted to use that.
I really wanted to create my book from scratch,write the story, draw illustrations, bind the books, and finally bring them to a book convention in the future.
Horror Fantasy. Approximately 150 pages + 20 or more illustrations.
The story is completely written. I only have a few more illustrations to finish.
Goals For Success:
- Materials - pens, paper, book binding for hardcover and softcover books,and printing company
- Purchase ISBN number and Library Of Congress numbers
- To contribute copies to US libraries
If I stretch my goal, I want to bring it to a book convention (I still have to research about this).
- Finished fourth draft of story. Revising final draft.
- I successfully made a few test softcover and hardcover bound books with xerox paper. (You see in the video. The actual book will look much nicer)
- I have finished 12 illustrations. More coming (I won't upload them all because I don't want to give away the story).
- I ordered samples from the printing company and chose the paper and paper weight I want to use for the book cover, end sheet, and pages.
Left: Hardcover Right: Softcover. The test sample has an image pasted on the front. This of course be printed on high quality paper. This also won't be the actual cover design. I will use this image, but I want to add more drawings or a design. I used these samples to check the book weight to have an idea for the shipping costs.
- What's a digital donation certificate? -- A downloadable document that you can print out. There will be no name written on it. So if you'd like to donate for someone, you can write his/her name.
- 5x7" print? -- I have a great idea for the drawing. But I want to keep it a surprise!
- What next?--I would like to continue to make more story books in the future if I can. I have many great ideas I would like to bring to life.
Risks and challenges
As you see the estimated delivery date is in August. That means that I want to finish binding all of the books and have them delivered to you (ideally 1000) by that time. A challenge would be If somehow I get over 1000 orders, it may possibly be delayed as I am binding the books by myself.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)