Thank you for stopping by my Kickstarter campaign to help raise funds for my upcoming album "Anchorless" - I can't wait to share these songs with you!
"Anchorless" is my second full length album and is set to be released in January, 2019 on CD and vinyl, as well as on every online/streaming platform available (Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, CD Baby, etc.). The album consists of 10 original songs that were recorded at the Song Shop and at Roseberry Records in Winnipeg, MB. All songs on the album are conceptually similar - they are hopeful songs about people overcoming struggle. I am a firm believer that everyone is strong enough to rise above when surrounded by a supportive, loving community of family and friends, and the songs on this album reflect that belief.
I have been incredibly fortunate to make this album with a stellar team of people. It was co-produced by Scott Nolan and I, engineered by Jamie Sitar (Outta Town Sound) and Madeleine Roger (Roseberry Records), is being mixed and mastered by David Travers-Smith (Found Sound), and features many talented musicians throughout the Canadian music scene. The songs have come alive with the help of these fantastic musicians:
- Scott Nolan – piano, vibraphone, electric guitar, percussion
- Jeremy Rusu – piano, mandolin, clarinet, accordion
- Marcel Desilets – dobro, banjo
- Natanielle Felicitas – cello
- Aisha Locken – violin, vocals
- Murray Jowett – violin
- Blair Atkinson – piano
- Colton McKillop – electric guitar
- Ken Campbell – pedal steel
- Natalie Bohrn – upright bass, electric bass
- Matt Filopoulos – electric bass
- Daniel Bertnick – drums, percussion
- Colleen Arnason – vocals
- Madeleine Roger – vocals
- Justine Vandergrift – vocals
- Sol James – vocals
- William Prince – vocals
I am collaborating with artist John Steppler to paint the artwork and graphic designer Mitch Gusdal for the layout of the album. Both John and Mitch worked on my previous album "Prairie Sky" and I am incredibly lucky to have them back on board for "Anchorless"!
What will your contribution be going towards?
So far, I have put $10,000 into this album for the recording, studio time, producing, engineering, musician fees, artwork, and graphic design.
Bottom line - making an album is expensive. I am nearing the finish line of completing this project but there are still a few upcoming costs I need some help with.
- Mixing and Mastering - $4000 - $5000
- Manufacturing CD's and Vinyl - $5000
- Publicity for the release - $2000
- Manufacturing T-shirts, stickers, other merchandise - $1500 - $2000
My goal is to raise $9000 to help offset these costs. By pre-ordering a copy of "Anchorless" or by supporting this campaign in any other way, you can be a major help in getting this album off the ground. I can't thank you enough!
What we've got in store!
The pledges range in price. Each one comes with a signed copy of my new album on CD or vinyl. Most of the rewards will be mailed right to your door and some will be personally delivered by me.
Here's the list of what is available:
- $10 - Digital download of "Anchorless".
- $20 - Signed copy of "Anchorless" on CD.
- $30 - Signed copy of "Anchorless" on vinyl.
- $35 - Discography CD Package (signed copies of "Anchorless" and my debut album "Prairie Sky").
- $50 - "Anchorless" package (digital download, CD, and a vinyl).
- $50 - 3 signed copies of "Anchorless" on CD.
- $50 - 2 signed copies of "Anchorless" on vinyl.
- $60 - A handmade leather necklace made by Colleen Arnason (comes with a signed copy of "Anchorless"). For those of you who know my mom, you know it doesn't get any "funkier" than this!
- $60 - Beard Oil made by yours truly (15ml glass bottle contains a combination of oils (sweet almond, jojoba, calendula) with your choice of these 4 essential oils (Fir, lemongrass, bergamot, and vanilla).
- $100 - Shout out in the liner notes of "Anchorless".
- $125 - Music/songwriting lessons (good for two, 1-hour long lessons with me. Available through Skype or FaceTime if we are too far apart).
- $125 - SOLD OUT - Pottery Platter made by Margerit Roger in Winnipeg, MB.
- $200 - Super Fan Package - digital download of the album, two signed CDs ("Anchorless" and "Prairie Sky"), a signed vinyl, and your name in the liner notes.
- $300 - A personalized song in the genre of your choice.
- $500 - A house concert in your home. You can sell tickets to recover costs or treat your friends to an evening of free music.
- $1000 - The Myth, The Legend, The Patron - a digital download of "Anchorless", 5 signed CD copies of "Anchorless" and 5 of "Prairie Sky", a signed copy of "Anchorless" on Vinyl, a well deserved HUGE thank you in the liner notes, a song written just for you (will most likely be a love song), and 2 free tickets to the CD release party.
What else can you do to help?
If you're wanting to go the extra mile, or you can't contribute financially at this time, the most helpful thing would be to share this campaign with your friends and family. I will be very active on social media throughout the duration of this campaign - if you'd like to help me spread the word I will love you forever!
I cannot express how thankful I am to each and every contributor, and to everyone who has helped with the creation of this album or this Kickstarter campaign. Every contribution helps and I couldn't do it without you all - thank you, thank you, thank you!
Risks and challenges
There are always risks and challenges when it comes to releasing an album into the world. The greatest challenge that comes to mind (besides money) is time.
I am so close to having this album wrapped up! Surrounded by a community of supporters, I feel confident that we reach the finish line together.
Thank you!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (26 days)