Introducing a new concept for mobile device: Beware Madame la Guillotine, the world’s first-ever interactive StoryApp Tour. History through storytelling and treasure hunts, text boxes and brainteasers, Beware Madame la Guillotine puts the past in the palm of your hand and allows you to discover history through the eyes of one who made it!
Travel back in time to the French Revolution with Charlotte Corday, 24 year old convent schoolgirl turned murderess:
- Wander the gardens of Paris’ Palais Royal as Charlotte recounts her motives for killing a man. Search for historical artifacts dating to the Revolution along the way.
- Follow Charlotte across the River Seine to Paris’ Left Bank as she tracks down the man she blames for the Reign of Terror, Jean-Paul Marat. Listen from outside Marat's former printing press as Charlotte plunges a kitchen knife into his heart while he lays soaking in the bath.
- Stop for lunch at Paris' oldest café, Le Café Procope, a hot-spot during the Revolution now restaurant-museum.
- Visit Charlotte at La Conciergerie, the Revolutionary prison, the last place she would lay her head before losing it at the base of Madame la Guillotine.
- Debate the question: Did Charlotte's single act of violence succeed in bringing peace to her country as she believed it would?
A new generation of travel guide for a new generation of traveler, Charlotte’s StoryApp Tour is perfect for youth and adults, visitors and residents to Paris, alike.
My team* and I are currently in development with the first version of the Beware Madame la Guillotine StoryApp Tour, for iPhone and iPod Touch in English. A second version will follow, also for iOS platform, in English and French. Then we plan to port the Tour to the Android platform.
Please help us to help Charlotte speak again. Your generous donations – any amount is greatly appreciated – will help defray the costs of:
- Writing, editing and translating Charlotte’s story
- Recording and editing the audio narration
- Locating and securing the legal rights to all archival images and graphic icons
- Story-boarding, developing and programming the application for Apple and Android operating systems
- Marketing and promotion costs pre- and post-submission to Apple and Android
- Materials and equipment expenses
- Research and travel expenses
- Legal expenses
We almost did it ourselves. Then, the till ran dry. Your contributions will help us to take it all the way and to put Beware Madame la Guillotine in the hands of Paris visitors from all over the world!
*My Development Team:
Software Development - SmartyShortz LLC
Graphic Design - Beth Lower Design
- (90 days)