The Render Demo HOW TO DRAW SHOES sketchbook is a great tool for students, sneaker enthusiasts and designers looking to learn how to draw and sketch shoes.
This unique sketchbook shows you how to set up different perspective views including side, front, heel, top down, bottom and more. It contains over 100 photo-blue templates and guidelines that you can use as underlays to sketch your own unique creative shoe designs. Our unique "phase-out" template based system slowly reduces your dependency on guidelines. As you progress through the book, more and more guidelines are slowly removed. The goal with this book is that once your finished, you will not need to rely on any guidelines for sketching your concepts. This sketchbook also contains general footwear knowledge, terms, industry information, reference materials and more. Its more than just a typical plain old sketchbook filled with blank pages.
- Anatomy of the Foot: Understanding the basic parts of the human foot like muscles, bones, tendons, etc.
- Anatomy of the Shoe: Break down of the different parts of a shoe and what they are called by industry professionals.
- Shoe Types: A look at some common shoe types from low-cut running shoes, mid-cut basketball, track & field spikes, cleated, outdoor, trail, sandals, shower slides, etc.
- Proportions: Step-by-step description on how to build the shape of a shoe using simple guideline techniques.
- Perspectives: Step-by-step description on how to set up the shoe using different angles and views including bottom angles.
- Templates: Our unique "Phase-out" template system slowly reduces your dependency on guidelines. As you progress through the book, more and more guidelines are removed. The goal with this book is that once your finished, you will not need to rely on any guidelines for creating your sketches. Packed with over a hundred shoe templates for you to sketch over.
- Industry Reference Materials: Names, locations and websites for leading Global Footwear Brands and Retailers. Lists and directories of Design Schools, Trade Shows, Recruiters, Printed material and digital Websites. Lots of information for you to start researching and following.
- Future: How to transition from analogue into the digital world.
WHO WE ARE
Mark is an experienced footwear designer currently working with a major athletic brand. He's worked for top brands like Reebok, Converse/Nike, New Balance, Burton, Merrell, Oakley and Under Armour. Mark founded renderdemo.com an online design resource where artists and designers can enhance their sketching and rendering techniques using step-by-step instructional video tutorials. He graduated from the College for Creative Studies (CCS) in Detroit, MI and currently lives in Boston, MA with his beautiful wife and their two daughters.
We are looking to use the money to fund our first manufacturing run of these books and to get them shipped from our China factory to our location in Boston, MA. The money will also be used towards the creation of other materials listed in the pledge tiers.
Post-Kickstarter, We will continue to look for innovative ways to get these books to people who need them the most.
High quality polyester material in black with the RENDER DEMO logo printed on the front. Sizes S, M, L, XL and 2XL available. (Brand subject to change based on availability)
REWARD PLEDGES SNAPSHOT
This Sketchbook can be used on its own or as a supplement to any footwear related classes being offered at college level design schools. Getting these books integrated into design schools as a required resource is one of our most important goals.
Help make this dream a reality! Thank you.
Risks and challenges
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ORDERS PLEASE READ:
Although we list different prices in the rewards as the standard shipping price, the fact is that shipping costs vary greatly in different parts of the world, and the pledge shipping charges may not cover actual costs to some of you. We request that you double check your profile to ensure your shipping address is accurate so we don't receive any returns based on incorrect mailing addresses. We want to provide the best possible customer experience, so please be patient with us as we will do our best to bring your product to you in a timely manner. Thank you!
- (40 days)