This is a collection of episodes (adventures) for the cinematic zombie roleplaying game Outlive Outdead. Each adventure is set in a different time period and comes with pregens and small rule modifications to make each setting unique and colorful. The adventures include:
Each time period will also feature different starting equipment, unique motivations, and new talents and/or capabilities. All are compatible with the Outlive Outdead rulebook, which is required to play. For example, "The Jacobite Dead" includes rules for zombies fighting with weapons and "Sterilization" provides character generation rules for playing aliens and alien zombies.
What are the rewards?
Besides the usual PDF, softcover, and hardcover options, our rewards come in two groups: Small Rewards and Bigger Rewards.
The Small Rewards include:
- An arrowhead that similar to what Neanderthals might have used to kill zombie Cro-Magnons.
When choosing a reward level, you can pick your choice of reward(s). For example, the Caveman Zombie level gives you one of our small rewards--arrowhead, Coat of Arms, or 1920s notes & photo--your choice! The Arthurian Zombie level provides two small rewards, so you could pick the arrowhead and Coat of Arms, or the arrowhead and notes, or the Coat and notes--again, your choice!
Any softcover can be upgraded to a hardcover for an extra $15!
Add a PDF copy of the Outlive Outdead rulebook for an extra $9, or a softcover for an extra $18!
Who are you?
- WJ MacGuffin: Owner of Happy Bishop Games; wrote for Paranoia XP, The Laundry, and of course, Outlive Outdead. (happybishopgames.com)
- Paul Baldowski: Another former Paranoia XP writer and helped write the Outlive Outdead rulebook. (omegacomplex.com)
- Dan Houser: Freelance illustrator who also wrote some for the ICONS rpg.
- Steven Torres-Roman: Librarian (winner of the Gale-Cengage “Librarian Superhero” Award for 2011) and author of Read On ... Science Fiction: Reading Lists for Every Taste.
- Stephen Whitehead: Yet another former Paranoia XP writer and philosophy student at the University of Dundee.
Why do you need a Kickstarter?
As we said with our first Kickstarter, we need to pay for artwork print costs. But we also love the idea of crowdsourcing and taking advantage of modern POD services to offer customized game books. It's the kind of thing we really cannot do anywhere else.
When will the game be released?
Once the project is successful, we will distribute PDF copies in mid-late November. Softcovers and hardcovers will be sent in November and December. Out goal is to complete all orders before Christmas! When all backers have received their rewards, we will wait one month and then release the game to the general public--ensuring you have your copy before anyone else.