More game information?
And now, an informative update. A few backers have asked for more details about the game, and we are happy to oblige.
First, there is a free edition of the rules floating about in the internet as a torrent. We call it the playtest edition because this is what we used during playtesting and others can playtest using this file as it includes the introductory adventure. There's no art or proper formatting, but if you really want to see what the rules are like, you can't beat a free version.
We've also been posting for a while now on the Happy Bishop Games blog. Here's what we've talked about so far:
- Yes, I died!: Character death and playing a zombie.
- Roll high (but not too high): The basic mechanic in Outlive Outdead.
- Breaking points: Our version of the sanity check.
- Encouraging you to hide that bite: Setting generation and how the game rewards hiding a zombie bite.
- Playtest results so far: Summary of several playtests prior to starting this Kickstarter campaign.
- Am I close enough to eat him?: Combat and distance with zombies.
- Death, running away, and more death: Short actual play report about humans and players working against each other.
Between reports, blog posts, and a rules torrent, you should be able to find all the information you need. However, there's no need to go hunting if you have a specific question. Email me at wjmacguffin (at) gmail or through Kickstarter and I'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have.
Lastly, we will be posting another update either this week or early next week that completely explains the customization options. The photo customization is easy to understand, but we'll clearly show how much of the introductory adventure can be customized with your place and people names. Until then, thanks for your support!
(The pic is from a playtest at the EN World Chicago Gameday 31. If you look closely, you can see ZOMBIES!!! minis swarming around a crashed plane. Guess where the humans had to go?)