Education, retail venue, business assistance and gathering space for artists by artists Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on May 7, 2012.
About this project
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for taking the time to read about the project we’ve been working on for over a year and that is so dear to our hearts!
In a nutshell our vision is to open a sustainable, multi-generational teaching and learning community center that focuses on traditional heritage arts and artisan food. We will offer classes, workshops, workspace and a retail venue as well as business development and marketing support for our members. Additionally a main goal of the Heritage Arts Center is to support and grow the local economy by purchasing locally grown, seasonal ingredients and products whenever possible and utilizing local resources first.
Art forms are as unique as each individual artist. Whether an artist creates artisanal food, basketry, jewelry, a quilt or pottery they all have something in common: creativity drives their lives. We ourselves are artists and we understand that passionate creative drive and also how sometimes we can become discouraged or question where our artistic calling is leading us. This is where the center comes in.
Our community center will be a place where people of all artistic and crafting backgrounds can come together to share their talents, learn to do their craft better, learn how to make an income from their talent and most importantly, to have a dedicated space where artists can connect with other artists who have similar interests.
In order to begin building a community such as this we need a space! We envision a large building that can house a:
· Retail space - for our clients who wish to have a retail venue for their art/craft
· Commercial kitchen which functions as both a source of income to help support the center and a certified kitchen where baking and cooking classes can be taught.
· Dining area where the community can connect and get a tasty treat, relax, visit, or plan their personal art business (will double as a classroom for some business classes)
· Fiber art classroom - a comfortable place to teach and learn knitting, crocheting, sewing, needlework and more
· Multi-media classroom - a place to get messy! Painting, polymer clay, jewelry, paper and natural fibers are just the beginning
Additionally, the classrooms provide artists a place to work on their craft and get feedback, encouragement, and support both from the staff and the centers community members. We will provide lockers for secure storage of personal materials. We will offer classes on a wide variety of arts and crafts and will keep the fees modest so they are accessible to all. Some of these classes will be:
· Making your creative dreams come true
· Branding and marketing
· Color theory
· Line and form drawing
· Artisanal food crafting (various types)
· Knitting, crocheting, sewing
· Jewelry making
· polymer clay creations
· Finding sustainable, eco-friendly art and craft supplies
Kickstarter is a fundraising platform for artists and relies on the generous philanthropy of its contributors. Further, its an ALL or NOTHING deal. If we don’t reach our goal before time runs out, we get nothing. So time is of the essence! We realize that it is very bold ask people to give to our project for basically no direct benefit, however, we are willing to make such a bold appeal because we truly believe in kickstarters concept of people helping people to make a dream come true. And we really believe that the Heritage Arts Center can help many more people by offering a space that helps build community and by helping our fellow artists follow their artistic passions.
The money that is raised in kickstarter will help us with the following:
· Operating costs for the 1st year (rent, utilities, permits)
· Advertising and marketing
· Tables, chairs, retail display stands
· Kitchen equipment for cooking classes
The goal will be to open by August, 2012. We are so excited at the prospect and possibilities and arts community such as this will bring. We hope you are too. More information about us can be found if you scroll to the bottom and see our bio. Some sample work of Daves can be found here:
You can also look us up on Linked In.
And for frequent updates please check us out and 'like' us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Heritagearts
Thank you again for reading about our dream! We hope to be sending you your rewards for your contribution soon!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (45 days)