Explore the Liborian region of Salvora in all its glory!
Theodora stood tall on the bridge of Kriesnik, looking toward the horizon. A storm was coming from the sea, bringing with it the smell of wet grass. A soft smile curled her lips. It was a good day for a hunt.
These are hard, trying times.
You can feel the tension in the air, nobody feels safe anymore. War is stirring up once again on the continent. The last couple of years have been tough on Alliance of the Great Cities. The loss of trust and faith between folk, the rise of corruption among the Vasalli, and the Vargan incursions have all taken a toll.
Still, life goes on in Salvora. The seat of the Alliance is to be moved to Liboria, the Jewel of the Sea, in the southeastern region of the continent. Liboria is a fascinating territory with towering mountains, wild rivers, and an unforgiving sea. It is home to illustrious characters, mighty leaders, and dangerous enemies. It’s a wild place full of mysteries, hidden locations, and treacherous roads.
The Liborian Saga is a campaign book for the Awaken game which will explore the stories in this territory, and everything it offers, across both land and sea. Expect extensive adventures spanning throughout the three Great Cities as well as in numerous smaller locations.
Awaken is a dark fantasy role-playing game (RPG) where you play as one of the Vasalli, a group of people who have undergone an unusual change that’s given them powers. You live in a war-ravaged world, where the Great Cities fight for supremacy and leadership over the Alliance: a loose political association holding together the territories of Salvora.
Here is Logician Tim with his first impressions and intro to Awaken, be sure to check it out if you want to see what Awaken is all about!
During the last days of this campaign, Tim will be having the in-depth review of Awaken every day at 5 PM – 6 PM CST until Thursday 21st.
Check it out on Misfits of Tabletop facebook group!
If you already own an Awaken: Core Rulebook, but a higher pledge level’s goodies have caught your eye, you can opt to choose a $30 bonus instead of the original Awaken book. This bonus can go toward the shipping cost or an extra add-on of your choosing.
After the campaign ends, once we start collecting backer’s information, you’ll have the opportunity to notify us of your choice!
If you are a newcomer to Awaken, check out the Tim's video or download the 52-page Quickstart Edition, give it a try and then find the Acolyte or The Salvoran pledges designed for you!
In the meantime, hear what others have to say about Awaken
The Liborian Saga will include:
- Extended Regional Lore — Players and Narrators can expect to get a ton of new information about the Great Cities of the region: Jorgun, Rinean, and Liboria, and their domains. This will include detailed maps, histories, locations of interest, and story hooks. Explore the wilderness outside of the city walls, but don’t forget to stick to the road!
- More Antagonists & Monsters — A fan favorite! We’ve got you covered with expanded options for antagonists, as well as new bigger and badder creatures who can be found in certain places or all over the continent. From the heart of the mountains to the depths of the seas, the monsters are here!
- Regional Orders — Although they share the same philosophy, the same Orders can differ from city to city. Additionally, every city and region contains smaller cults which are usually radically opposed to the establishment.
- Superior Gifts, Rituals, & Expanded Rules — Tightly connected to the regional Orders, Gifts are evolving constantly. We’ve included rules that will allow players to create their own Superior Gifts. A flying dagger can be handy, but it isn’t nearly as good as a flying dagger that’s on fire!
- Expanded Items and Weaponry — Salvora is a vast continent that’s filled with people from all walks of life, so it’s only natural that players should have access to a more varied selection of items and weapons to use throughout their adventures.
- “The Death Cycle” — A spree of brutal murders has struck Liboria. Numerous bodies have washed ashore, each covered in similar marks. It seems like the victims were killed in the same way. Is this the work of one serial murderer? Or are more sinister forces involved? This large adventure will take you through the three Great Cities of the region and showcase much of the information presented in the book.
The Awaken game system was designed from scratch and tailor-made to bring out the strengths of role-playing without the burden of the complicated mechanics that most role-playing games are built upon.
- The game emphasizes player interaction, has an immersive feel to it, and is filled with compelling narration.
- Fast, fluid, and intuitive rules: We’ve designed Awaken for new and experienced RPG players alike.
- We only use common six-sided dice, making it easy for anyone to play Awaken.
- Character creation is quick and simple: The player has full freedom in choosing and mixing their skills, attributes, and Gifts (the special powers of the Vasalli).
- The character development is skill-based and depends completely on how the player uses their abilities, not on how the dice land.
- Picture Rule: For particularly creative descriptions, the player is rewarded with bonus dice or automatic successes.
The Liborian Saga
A 140+ page full-color, softcover, perfectly bound handbook to explore the Liborian region. This book is packed with information about the large southeast region where gold shines brighter and shadows are darker. It also includes an epic adventure that takes place in this immersive region … the start of The Liborian Saga.
Awaken: Core Rulebook
The original hardcover Awaken: Core Rulebook, with 220 full-color pages, is packed with all the information needed to play the game. Discover what Awaken is all about.
Awaken Narrator Screen
A tough and durable four panel Narrator screen, with all the important stats and tables, is perfect for hidden rolls and to use as a barricade for your Narrator’s materials.
Add-ons are additional items that you can add to your reward level if they're not included by simply increasing your pledge by the appropriate amount for each extra item that you would like to receive.
After the campaign ends, we’ll get in touch with you about the extra money that you pledged and what you would like it to be used for. Be aware that some of these add-ons will only be available through this campaign. If you want any of the add-ons (and they aren’t included in your selected pledge tier) then be sure to add them to your pledge!
Shipping is often the downfall of even the most thought-out campaigns. In light of this, we’ll be able to offer free shipping for US-based backers, but we’ll be trying to cut the shipping rates for other countries as much as we can!
We will be charging for shipping through the pledge manager after the Kickstarter campaign ends based on the actual cost for shipping. We don’t know exactly how much shipping will cost—shipping rates can change quickly and vary dramatically depending on destination, shipping method, and how many rewards you’re getting. However, we hope to gain some efficiencies that will save us—and eventually you—money.
Shipping prices are estimated as follows:
- US: Free
- Canada: $8 – $15
- EU: $8 – $15
- Rest of the world: $12 – $20
We want to charge as little as possible, so thanks to fulfillment centers, backers in the EU won’t pay any customs or VAT on their shipments!
Once again, The Games Collective stands behind the Awakengame, but this time we have reinforcements in the form of additional writers.
The Games Collective is an RPG design team founded by Marko Matijević Sekul and Zoltan Lečei. We’re avid readers, lifelong game enthusiasts, and storytelling fanatics. By founding The Games Collective, we are making a lifelong dream become reality. We love tabletop RPGs and have been creating worlds since we began discovering our own. Our goal is to share our vision with every reader, player, and explorer out there.
Isola Illyon Edizioni is the Italian publishing house which published and translated Awaken for the Italian market in 2017. The team of Isola Illyon Edizioni loves Awaken and played it on Facebook Live and during Italian conventions with loads of Italian role-players. For the project of Awaken: The Blood of Salvora, the team of Isola Illyon Edizioni co-wrote the chapters of the book and collaborated with The Games Collective through proposals and brainstorming.
Rachel Lapidow is a freelance copy editor, line editor, and developmental editor who has worked on independent role-playing games for Nine Dragons (Honour and Flintlock), Biohazard Games (Upwind), Festive Ninja (Return to the Stars), and the upcoming release of An Atlas of the Horizons which was successfully funded on Kickstarter. She also edits fiction, magazine articles, newspaper pieces, and more.
Studio 2 Publishing is the sales, warehousing, and publishing partner of many game companies, including Pinnacle Entertainment, Exile Game Studio, Crafty Games, Engine Publishing, Hunters Books, Paradigm Concepts, TerrorBull Games, Reality Blurs, Third Eye Games, Alderac Entertainment, Dwarven Forge, Calliope Games, and Kuznia Gier. Not only do they have extensive production and distribution experience, but they also have six incredibly successful Kickstarter campaigns under their belt. With all this and their passionate love for the RPG hobby, Studio 2 Publishing is the ideal partner to help us run our campaign and assist us with printing and distribution.
Risks and challenges
The book is currently in the writing phase and we have experienced writers and an editor on standby. Our past project has taught us a lot, and we’re ready to press forward the moment the campaign ends.
However, as with all creative projects, delays may occur due to artwork issues, incorporating ideas and suggestions, as well as the production of stretch goal materials.
We pledge to keep you updated every step of the way!
Thank you very much for your trust and support!
- (30 days)