Frequently Asked Questions
3840x2160 @ 24fps/25fps/30fps
4096x2160 @ 24fps
2880x2160 @ 24fps/25fps/30fps
1920x1920 @ 24fps/25fps/30fps
1920x1440 @ 24fps/25fps/30fps
1920x1080 @ 24fps/25fps/30fps/50fps/60fps
1280x720 @ 50fps/60fps/240fps
848x480 @ 25fps/30fpsLast updated:
It use AAC as encoder, bit rate at 128kbps, the sample rate is 48k. Also, it has a external MIC jack (3.5mm)Last updated:
Yes! We have been exploring this option, and may release something in the near future.Last updated:
Here is the iOS application: https://itunes.apple.com/app/z-camera-app/id980859426?mt=8
Here is the Android Application: http://pcib.sj.91.com/soft/Controller.ashx?action=readfile&f_id=41503324&platform=android&position=1000011&positionIndex=1&project=2200&qrcode=1Last updated:
320x240 pixelsLast updated:
Yes, it supports live stream output via HDMI upto 1080p60Last updated:
Yes, for sure.Last updated:
Normal mode it's above 10 stops and we are working on a wide dynamic range mode. Will keep you posted. Wide dynamical range mode will be expected to be 11 stops.Last updated:
It's designed for 3rd party to control the camera and get the image via composite signal. It can control the camera via a serial port by VISCA protocol. This protocol enables a lot of controls for a camera.Last updated:
Basically you can rewrite the app and enables more flows for the camera.Last updated:
It's 60Mbps very high efficiency H.264 codec(Main Profile) recording with MOV container.Last updated:
It's customised battery because we need it to be thin enough and still has 2000mah capacity.
At present it's charged by camera body but we are working on extra dual battery charger.
Extra battery is available and it will be affordable for your convenience. Accessories are used to serve the user for a better experience.Last updated:
We do have the plan of controlling multiple cameras and we are working on it in two steps:
1. We are going to provide an app to do 3 camera control with BLE. Limited by the chip we are using, it's 3 cameras only.
2. We are going to work on multiple camera video-frame synchronisation. It means that every camera's video frame will be well synchronised.
Well, we want to provide tools to let user to explore the use case but we don't want to work on the applications directly for now.Last updated:
Yes and well supported. Auto exposure algorithm is from video imaging so there will be no flash when doing time-lapse.Last updated:
Yes, 16M with RAW(DNG) and JPG.Last updated:
15fps 16M JPG.Last updated:
To make it smaller. Reasonable small is what the camera designed for.Last updated:
Simply used for long time standby. Installing your camera with a ladder or other tools to somewhere you can't reach easily, and you can power on/off the camera with your app.Last updated:
Yes, we open SDK to 3rd party to explore the better use case of the camera. We listen to the request via forum.Last updated:
Kind of warm as designed. 4K generates huge heat and the way to keep the camera healthy is to let the camera dispatch heat as soon as possible. That's why we use magnesium as body.
It feels a bit warm if you are using it in hand for long time 4K recording but the temperature isn't getting high any more very soon. This means when doing 4K recording the temperature will rise very quickly and it will hit the balance soon. For 1080p recording and still capture it's not heating.Last updated:
The sensor is Panasonic MN34230 which is standard MFT sensor.
So, for still capture it's 2x as all MFT camera does. For video mode, it's around 2.34x crop factor.
One thing to highlight is, for 1080p60 mode, it's still of the same view angle as 4K.
For 1080p modes, we can do binning to obtain better crop factor as most of DSLR does.But we choose not to do in this way as we do downscaling instead of binning. You can compare the jaggy edge of the contents from our camera and a DSLR in day light and you will find out that it's smoothy.Last updated:
Yes, see here: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jGlGBZK
I'm sorry in China we can't use dropbox and sorry for inconvenience.
Some comments for the video: It's just cut/paste by iMovie without any noise reduction and color tuning. But imovie compressed the bitrate. Original files have 60Mbps bitrate. I'm going to post more clips just from the camera.
By the way, I'm not a video grapher and all the clips are done by me. You can do a better job than me.Last updated:
OK, let me give you exactly my thoughts. This kind of High ISO isn't for normal movie shooting and there are noise or artefacts.
We have better noise filter which will make this camera to have better noise performance comparing to cameras which has the similar sensor size but it's not expected to be better than cameras which has much bigger sensors.
But we do think that it helps sometimes for documentary or some special cases. With this kind of high ISO it will be able to make you see details of the scenario which cannot be seen by human eye. Because of the MCTF we have, if the object isn't moving fast, the noise can be greatly removed. We will post some extreme low light video for your reference.Last updated:
The camera is designed with some new concepts which is never adopted into a traditional camera before:
1. The camera is going to be upgraded by App. We have iOS and Android App which will help to push the latest firmware to the camera for upgrade. We intend to make the camera to be more versatile than normal cameras with some specialised features and fast response to professionals. Back to April when we show this camera at NAB there's no manual mode but here is full manual mode for video. The camera is continuing growing when we have more feedbacks. Can you imagine you talk to the giant camera companies to ask for a new video mode? Talk to us!
2. The camera is designed for non-handheld use case mainly. So you may complain about the feeling when you hold it in hand. But to make it small we need to sacrifice some features and we do think small matters. Because it's designed like this, you can use power source to provide non-stop power for recording, or even standby; You can mount the camera somewhere standby without worrying about the battery consumption thanks to BLE...... all these designs are just for one purpose: We want you to be able to shoot video with more options.
3. We will upgrade firmware to add more features and we are designing more accessories to give you more things you can't have before. We may want professional videography to be more affordable.Last updated:
Yes, we do. We have all the technical design in house. No out sourcing, no 3rd party for software and hardware.
With a small team of 20+ engineers, we do:
Camera system(RTOS and Linux) including middleware and application.
Wifi streaming(our private protocol)
Bluetooth(standalone mcu outside of the main chip)
Yes, everything. But we don't own a factory and we don't want to own a factory. If you are interested, come and visit us in Shenzhen. You will be impressed by what we are doing now:)Last updated:
It's rolling shutter.Last updated:
Here is some recent footage shot from our friends at XSories with the E1 camera. It is available in 4k here on youtube: https://youtu.be/tVn5R38rGF4Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question