New Reward Packages & Updates
With great feedback from customers, we have also ADDED 3 new packages!!
- The Northmen Set: one FOUNDER'S glass & one FOUNDER'S growler! AND Bang the Drum!
- The Northmen Set (shipped): same as above, but shipped!
- The Northmen Couple: for all of you love birds out there that don't want to share you get 2x FOUNDER'S t-shirts, 2x FOUNDER'S hats, 2x FOUNDER'S glasses, 1x FOUNDER growler AND Bang the Drum TWICE!!!
We are ALSO adding a 16oz. Viking Drinking Horn with an engraved 22 Northmen Logo to the MEST FRYKTLØSE (Most Fearless) package!! Now, when you come to Board Member meetings, you can fill up your drinking horn and have a draft on us!
Who are the 22 Northmen?
Carlos Creek Winery has been a great place to enjoy craft wine since 1999. We have loved creating local wines but are ready to expand what our customers can experience. For years we have had customers tell us that something was missing...BEER! We waited for the right time, and that time is NOW!
The 22 Northmen Brewing Company name idea came from one of our wine makers, Brett Murphy. It is part of local, Alexandria, MN, folklore - The Kensington Runestone and also relates to the Bredeson family's (owner's of Carlos Creek Winery) Norwegian heritage! The Runestone was found over 100 years ago and has markings made by Viking travelers from afar. The first line on the Runestone reads, "Eight Geats [Swedes] and twenty-two Northmen [Norwegians] on this acquisition journey from Vinland far to the west..." These 22 Northmen sound like an adventurous (and thirsty bunch) and we thought it fitting to name our brewery after them.
In honor of the Northmen and their thirst for voyaging, the brewery will create beers with influences from around the world. Our tasty brews will be BEERVENTUROUS, like the Vikings they will be named for.
How can I be BEERVENTUROUS?
- Create a Kickstarter account
- Log in using your email and password (or Amazon account information)
- Click on the reward you’re interested in (NOTE: you can only purchase ONE reward!!!)
- NOTE: If the project goes, we will contact everyone who purchases a package after and arrange shipping (if needed).
- Share our project with everyone you know and urge them to do the same!
But Where does my Money Go?
Every dollar pledged to the project will go into making the 22 Northmen beer hall and taproom! As an already established business, we have already committed to providing funds for the main construction and brewing equipment. Your support will help in creating a Viking worthy tap room!
1. The 22 Northmen beer hall will look authentically like an old Norwegian Longhouse, with two levels and a double-decker fireplace! It will be warm and inviting with plenty of seating for you and your fellow vikings. On the main level we will have our Viking ship inspired beer bar and open seating. In our upper level, we will have a more comfortable lounge-like atmosphere that will also be available to rent for private groups.
2. Not only will we have a great indoor space, but we can't neglect the outdoors! Alongside the beer hall we will have an outdoor patio with easy access inside to the taproom and to our outdoor Bocce Ball courts.
Backing us on Kickstarter is a chance for you to say to the world that YOU support bringing beer to Carlos Creek Winery.
It's the ONLY way to get FOUNDER'S GEAR & exclusive 22 Northmen experiences!
Kickstarter is designed to incentivize both the company (that's us) and the backers (that's you) with an all-or-nothing model. This means that If we don't reach our goal then you get your pledge back, but you won't receive your perk. So share our Kickstarter page with everyone you know. Every friend, family member, or random stranger on the street that you share this page with, gets you one step closer to your own exclusive rewards. And gets us one step closer to our dreams!
I'm not from the area, but I'd still like to help out. Will you ship rewards?
We would love to have you come see the finished project at some point, but in the meantime, we want you to be able to show off your 22 Northmen Founder's Swag. Just look for (shipped) after the package and know these items will arrive on your doorstep come November!
Thank you for taking the time to visit the Kickstarter page and for your support of the 22 Northmen Brewing Company. Your help is so appreciated! Please spread the word and encourage your beer-loving friends to Board the Ship!
- If your perk involves scheduling a date, we will contact you after the closing of the Kickstarter campaign to schedule this.
- If your package includes shipping, we will get your shipping address after the campaign. If your package does not include shipping, but you need the item(s) shipped, we can work something out after the campaign!
- We will communicate the exact date of The Først Brygge (our Grand Opening party) and the Northmen Feast as soon as they are set. You can expect the date to be early to mid Summer 2019.
- Once the Kickstarter campaign closes, we will reach out to gather mailing addresses and sizes. Shipping costs are included in the price of the perk
Risks and challenges
Since this brewery is being added to an existing winery we have a lot of experience in getting things done! We anticipate working through the usual construction challenges and weather delays. We have a great start on our licensing - as we already have our federal license to brew and need only our Minnesota Micro Brewing license.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)