Dream Catchers Board Game (Canceled)
Create sweet dreams while defeating nasty monsters and nightmares to give a sleeping child a good night’s sleep before daybreak!
Dream Catchers is a cooperative game for 2-4 players, with a unique theme and child-like artwork and presentation. In this game, you will work with your friends to catch sweet dreams and destroy vicious nightmares to give a sleeping child a good night’s sleep. Race to win by daybreak, or before the monsters hiding under the bed scare the child awake!
The game employs mechanics such as set collection, card trading, and abstract puzzle solving that is easy to learn, but hard to master. The game is designed to be played by young teens (age 12+) and adults, but can also be played by younger children below 12 if they are experienced gamers!
In this co-operative game, players take on the role of Dream Catchers, battling monsters and nightmares while collecting sweet dreams using special faerie powers to help a child sleep soundly through the night.
Catch delightful sweet dreams before daybreak to give an adorable child a good night's sleep.
Stop nasty nightmares and vicious monsters from waking the child.
Use your Dream Catchers abilities and charming faerie power cards to catch dreams and defeat monsters!
The Dreamscape is alive and constantly evolves throughout the game, posing unique challenges to the team each turn.
A good night sleep is very hard work indeed! Join Mochi and Candy as a Dream Catcher to make the Dreamscape a safer place for dreaming children all around the world!
Check out the gameplay explainer video here!
Many of our fans absolutely loved the art of Dream Catchers and we hope you will enjoy looking through the imaginative visions we created for the game!
The Dream Catchers
Join Mochi, Jazz, and other Dream Catchers to fill the Dream Scape with wonderous visions! Taking design inspirations from our plushies and pets, these magical creatures are the protectors of dreams and use their unique powers to craft beautiful dreams that are timeless and universal.
Representing the power of love, fantasy, treats, exploration, courage, and strength, each card tell a unique story on its own. Perhaps a child, full of innocence, will read a different story from a worldly-wise adult. When there is a disagreement, we think the child's interpretation is always right!
The bedroom tiles
Step into the bedrooms of our young wards and brace yourself for the night ahead. When the children turn in for the night, each room becomes a new battleground for our brave dream catchers.
Sweet dreams are not just warm and fuzzy visions. They are as real as the material things that make up our world, and reflect all of our hopes, aspirations, and yearning for a better future.
Nightmares thrives on our fears and anxieties, and are often forgotten in our waking moments. But unless we learn to face them head on, we will never be truly free of their influence. : (
The bane of every child's bedroom! Why they have a preference living under a child's bed is anyone's guess. We suspect that they are actually everywhere. The adults just got too busy and forgot to check!
Check out photos of Dream Catchers below.
- We are confident that the product already sports a very high production value and is priced fairly. However, running a Kickstarter campaign allows us to create extra content for you that was not possible previously.
- There are rewards such as the playmat and miniatures that will be very hard to pull off in a retail distribution setting. These items are expensive to produce and will be prohibitively expensive to make and sell over distribution. Putting our project on Kickstarter allows us to take one shot at making these beautiful products that will complete your dream catchers collection!
- This is an oldie but goodie. We value the feedback that we get from our fans and hope that your participation can help shape the campaign. Please comment, and tell us what you think so we can do better!
- From the bottom of our hearts, thank you. We had a lot of fun creating Dream Catchers, and we hope it will touch your hearts as much as it has done for us.
Details on stretch goal #7: Art book
We included the art book as a result of the overwhelming response to the art of Dream Catchers. The art book is a B5 sized, 20 pages art collection of the best art in Dream Catchers, reimagined!
We looked at the most popular art of the fans and tried to present them to you with a new perspective that adds a new angle to the original narrative.
The art for Cat Spa is presented on a 10cm x 10cm sweet dream tile in the game. As an entrant in the B5 sized art book, the entire piece will be enlarged with new details included. We think they are knock-your-socks-off level of awesome!
The art book will include 20 new pieces of re-imagined art from Dream Catchers game. Help us make it happen!
We are working with a wide network of fulfilment partners to ensure that shipping to each of our backers is as economical as possible. Our project will be shipped without VAT to Europe, Australia, USA, Canada, and Mexico.
Fulfilment of rewards for backers in Singapore and Southeast Asia will be handled by the Play Nation team in Singapore. Shipping for backers based in Singapore will be free.
Shipping for the rewards will be charged after the campaign via 3rd party pledge manager. Even though this requires you to do a little more work filling up forms online, it helps us manage shipping fees better and will save you 5-7% in fees on average.
The base game weighs approximately 1.3KG with packaging materials, while the collector's edition will weigh approximately 3KG.
Play Nation Pte Ltd is a gaming café based in Singapore specializing in family friendly board and console games. Play Nation was awarded the prestigious Spirit of Enterprise in 2013.
The Play Nation Team was the project manager for card game, Limpeh Says, which was funded through Kickstarter in January 2017. The project was funded within 90 minutes of launching, raising SGD$121,000 at the end of the campaign.
Play Nation Studio is the game publishing arm of Play Nation Pte Ltd. Our mission is to save the world from boredom, one game at a time! We also aspire to bring together local talents to create great products and propel Singapore board games design onto the international market.
Dream Catchers is the first game published by Play Nation Studio.
CraveFX Pte Ltd is a fully-fledged creative & post production house capable of carrying your project from concept all the way through to final render. We are born out of a craving to do the impossible, to create worlds, things, actions and emotions from the figments of what is imaginable. Providing the very best in Animation, Motion Graphics and Visual Effects, there is nothing that is beyond our creative and technical capabilities.
The team behind Crave FX was responsible for the production of the introduction trailer, explainer video for this campaign as well as the 3D modelling of the miniatures for the collector's edition.
Art and Illustration: SIM PING TING
A full-time illustrator, part-time K-drama addict - Ping is an artist based in Singapore, who thrives on hand-made art and self-dyed hair.
Graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor degree of Fine Arts in Visual Communication, her true passion lies in drawing and sketching. She is currently working full-time at Idea Ink Illustrations as a Senior Illustrator. Proficiently skilled in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, she combines both analog and digital techniques to create intricately-weaved worlds. Her other hobbies include travel vlogging and crocheting.
A proud parent of two pet rats (Brett and BB), her ideal weekend comprises of drowning herself in an oversized sweater, aimless doodling, and binging on YouTube videos.
Special thanks also goes to:
All our fans who helped us spread the love of Dream Catchers on social media and through their personal and passionate advocacy!
Nicholas Wong of Gamersaures Rex who helped us paint the 3D printed miniatures samples!
Risks and challenges
All projects comes with some measure of risks, and the team at Play Nation is committed to mitigate these factors to the best of our abilities.
1. This is not our first campaign, our team had experience running a successful campaign in 2017 for a locally themed (Singapore) card game that was delivered to our backers.
2. The game is good to go! All the rules are finalized, artwork are completed, and the production team is ready to proceed with sampling and manufacturing at the end of the campaign.
3. As a small studio, we are supported by a strong network of teams to ensure that the delivery of the completed game to our backers will be executed smoothly and with as little delay as possible. To that end, we have consulted and partnered with experienced manufacturing and fulfilment partners with plenty of campaign experience.
4. Our team produced a small number of copies of the game and featured them in Essen Game Fair in October 2017. More than 20 copies of the game was also sent out to reviewers and media partners for their review and feedback. This process helped the Play Nation team identify some minor issues with the game production which we have made a priority to resolve for the Kickstarter production copies.
These issues highlighted includes:
-The size of the rule book is slightly larger then inner box
-Sizing issue with plastic inserts in game box
-Clarity of information presented in rulebook
These issues have been rectified and we are confident that the games sent out to our backers will be much improved in quality as a result of the feedback received.
5. While we have tried to minimize the risk factors to the best of our abilities, our team is not complacent and will be putting dedicated team managers on the campaign comments section and also other channels of communication so that we can respond quickly to any issues.
Thank you for your support and sleep tight tonight!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)