The Re-Launch Begins Now!
Author of “Ing the Viking” and the upcoming “Doctor Daedalus and the Devil's Army”, (a successfully funded Kickstarter project) brings his fans a new series of stories about the world's newest legendary hero. Philip and his co-creator Scott Messer journey once more into the dark, Norse mythological world they created. Ing the Viking pays homage to the great works Beowulf and Conan the Barbarian, while treading its own fantastic and bloody path.
Ing the Viking is also known for its great fantasy art and Volume II will contain even more of it.Look for art from these artists:
- Larry Elmore
- Brian C. Mitchell
- David K. Wong
- Terry Huddleston
- Steve Lydic
- Scott Messer
Be a part of Ing’s return and fund this great project.
- Editing required for Ing the Viking, Volume II.
- Production of Kickstrater rewards.
Ing the Viking, Volume II Stretch Rewards:
- If this project reaches 100% funding by Feb 15, 2013 (Delivery 03/2013)All Backers will receive an E-story entitled: “The Wizard’s Mark” a story about Kipp, Ing’s faithful wizard, penned exclusively by Philip for this Kickstarter event.
- If this project reaches 125% funding by Feb 15, 2013 (Delivery 04/2013)All Backers will receive an E-story entitled: “The Fury of Thunder” a story about Thor, penned exclusively by Philip for this Kickstarter event.
- If this project reaches 125% funding by Feb 15, 2013 (Delivery 04/2013)All Backers will receive an E-story entitled: “Ravens” a story about Odin, penned exclusively by Philip for this Kickstarter event.
- If this project reaches 150% funding by Feb 15, 2013 (Delivery 04/2013)All Backers will receive an E-story entitled: “The Mines of Kalrack” A story about Ing the Viking, exclusively penned by Philip for this Kickstarter event.
- If this project reaches 175% funding by Feb 15, 2013 (Delivery 04/2013)All Backers will receive an E-story entitled: “The Wrath of Loki” A story about Loki, exclusively penned by Philip for this Kickstarter event.
- If this project reaches 200% funding by Feb 15, 2013 (Delivery 04/2013)All Backers will receive an E-Anthology entitled: “Handmaidens” A collection of stories about the Valkyries of Valhalla, exclusively penned by Philip for this Kickstarter event.
Please enjoy a preview of Ing the Viking, Volume II
“Traverse the air and bound the abyss, sound the charge of the Valkyries to Jotunheim!”
~ Old Norse Saying
Olia and Tyri
The great throne room of Odin was both full of splendor and shadow. It was a place where the great God held dominion over the lands of Migard. Next to his great wooden throne carved from a branch of Yggdrasil the great World Tree, stood two great iron perches. Upon these perches stood Huginn and Muninn, Odin’s ravens, the giant birds were the God’s eyes and ears all about the known world. Yet they also inspired the garb of Odin’s own Valkylries.
The All-Father sat high upon his throne a single ice blue eye gazing upon a slender figure that marched toward him. She was tall and adorned in silvery armor. Her helm was forged in the likeness of a raven’s beak that was draped with a mane of many black feathers. Upon her back great ebony wings were folded tightly. They were not Valkylrie’s own wings but through the breast plate she wore, they were under her command.
She was fair in complexion and her beauty was unequaled in all of Asgard save for her own sister and identical twin. A great ebony bow rode in her left hand and a quiver was hung on her right thigh. As she neared the dais of the All-Father she fell in prostration upon the floor, her dark hair tumbling over her porcelain cheeks.
“Rise Olia…It pleases me that you have come with haste to my side. I need you to deliver a message to Flock Mistress Gundis on the borders of Jotunheim.”Odin stated flatly.
“As you command All-Father,” Olia replied.
“Huginn, tells me that the Storm Giants are on the move and heading toward the border. We must let Flock Mistress Gundis prepare for this attack. I have previously sent my son’s maidens to aid the Flock, and I am sure you would like to see your sister. I know it has been many moons since you have shared words.”
“I will deliver your message All-Father and thank you for the opportunity to see my kin.”
“Well then girl…fly!” Odin roared with sudden laughter.
Olia needed no more command. She moved to a crouching position and then spread her great wings. She then gazed to brilliant the heavens that could be seen through the glass dome that crowned Odin’s hall. Olia sprung suddenly up and her wings too air. The Valkyrie shot to the ceiling above and soared through the great glass dome as it opened like a delicate flower to let her through. Below the Valkyrie heard the great ravens caw with excitement and the All-Father boisterously chuckle once more.
More to come in Ing the Viking, Volume II
Ing the Viking - Book shipment dates:
All E-books will be available February 2013 to all backers!
Please Note: All physical books will be shipped in MAY 2013. Ensuring that all books are signed by the author and every artist that takes part in “Ing the Viking, Volume II”, because in some cases, we will be required to ship books to artists for signatures, we have delayed the overall shipment date for the physical books.
More to come as goals are met…
Thanks for your support!
Ing - Creative Team!
Risks and challenges
The only issue we have faced in the past has been the loss of a contributing artist. Should this occur we would just contract a new artist or Ing's Art director would provide the missing art.
Thereby helping us keep our production goals. We will do our best to keep Backers informed of any production issues and provide accurate timelines if they are updated for any unforeseen reason.
Special Note: Recently I had an unrelated book project funded and it's going well. Editing is just about done and books will be shipping Feb 2013 for this project.
I mention this to let backers know that this previous project will not interfere with "Ing the Viking II". This being due to the fact that I have a Co-creator to help keep "Ing the Viking II" on track and all deliverables met.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (18 days)