The Forgotten Void is an Action, Puzzle, RPG game.
Many centuries ago, two worlds formed: The Overworld and The Null World. Humans inhabited the Overworld while Null entities, dark creatures ruled the Null World. When the two worlds were created, a portal known as the Gateway was created that linked the two worlds together. As time past on, The Null World began corrupting The Overworld, forcing humanity to fight back.
This triggered the Great War between these two worlds, wiping out most inhabitants of The Overworld.
In present time, our hero/heroine wakes up in the darkness of the Null World with no recollection of their memories and our journey begins here.
Bosses & Enemies
- 9 Bosses
- 30+ Enemies
- Get lost in the immense Overworld
- Multiple randomly generated Null Worlds with multiple enemies and 9 bosses to conquer
- Fast paced combat system where every step could lead to your death
- Over 100 items to find, craft, and use on your journey
- Solve through the forced puzzles that will lead to your demise
- Original art and soundtrack that brings The Forgotten Void to life
- Boss Battles
- Complex Puzzles
- Arcade Mode
- Detailed Pixel Art
Although we have been able to accomplish most of The Forgotten Void through our own expenses and being successfully greenlit on steam, we hope funds raised from Kickstarter would cover the following expenses:Kickstarter Funding
- Kickstarter Fees: 5%
- Game Development: 50% (Animations, art, music)
- Other Fees: 10%
- Rewards: 20% + [amount from Other Fees to make sure things are successful]
- Taxes: 15% [changes depending on total]
Founded by Shuprio Shourov and Kevin Gao, Voidless Studios is a startup that has dedicated itself to creating unique and fun games that challenge and invite you to worlds you've never experienced before. Along with our hand-picked team of dedicated developers, we all look forward to inviting you to The Forgotten Void soon! Please visit us at www.voidless-studios.com to learn more!
Shuprio Shourov - Lead Programmer / Artist / Lead Composer
Kevin Gao - Creative Director
Kenny Chen - Programmer
Aleesha - Artist / Graphic Designer
James Emerson - Web Designer
- (Copper) $2 - Name in credits
- (Silver) $7 - Copy of the Game, + other tiers
- (Gold) $15 - Soundtracks, digital poster, + other tiers
- (Vortex) $25 - Legendary skins, stickers, + other tiers
- (Hero) $35 - 2 copies of the game, + other tiers
- (Spirit) $50 - Your choice of a t-shirt, hat or printed poster, + other tiers
- (Challenger) $75 - 3 copies of the game, + other tiers
- (Guardian) $100 - T-shirt, mug, printed poster, 4 copies of the game, + other tiers
- (Voidless) $300 - Limited edition plush doll, + other tiers
Risks and challenges
Working on and planning the game for approximately 1 year has been the biggest challenge to overcome with the next obstacle being finalizing the game for release. Getting exposure for the game to the public has also been difficult but with kickstarter, we hope to bring exposure to the game.
Long term development for games like this are bound to run into obstacles and problems along the way but we’ve been able to conquer each one with the necessary tools and steps. We believe we’re ready to face more problems in the future and to have an awesome network of friends and resources that can assist us with completing The Forgotten Void on time.
We’ve completed a lot even with a busy workload in university and finding time to meet up has become increasingly more difficult as we shift semesters but we’re determined to finish this with the best of our abilities and will not stop until every feature is implemented into the game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)