Invictus Has Officially Funded!
Yesterday, with your help, we hit a major milestone -- WE FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER!
From the beginning of this project, our sincere hope has been to to share Invictus with as many people as possible. Funding on Kickstarter will allow us to print large quantities of Invictus and share with each of you. We can’t wait for you to finally experience the ‘Invictus Effect’ we speak so fondly of. Below are a few of the campaign’s highlights and fun facts:
- Amount raised: $27,838
- Number of backers: 462
- Most Popular Pledge: $35 Early Bird Special (318 backers)
- Backer Locations: North America (353), Europe (79), Other Locations (30)
- 1st Time Backers: 68; Returning Backers: 394
- Main Project Video Plays: 1,502
When we started this project, it was just a few friends having fun. With your help, awareness of Invictus has grown immensely! Thank you for everything you have done! We know that without you, this success would not have been possible. While reaching our financial goal was important, the opportunity to interact with many of you through playtesting, conventions, and comment threads has been invaluable to our learning and the overall Invictus community. The vibe has been overwhelmingly positive. Thank you for your help and assistance at every step. We hope you’ll continue to share your thoughts as we move into the next phases of the project.
Getting to this point took a lot of time but there’s still a lot for us to do before a game can show up on your doorstep and we want you to join us for the journey. We'll send periodic emails to keep you up to date and invite any conversations on our Facebook Page. Over the next few months, we will do the following:
- Campaign Surveys. In about 2 weeks, we will send out a campaign survey. In it we will collect information about the pledge package you’ve selected, how best to contact you, and where to send the items in your pledge reward.
- Finalize the Manufacturer. With the Kickstarter completed, we will send a final RFQ (request for a quote) out to several quality manufacturers to make sure we are bringing the best value to your game based on the stretch goals we've achieved. Once final, we'll review an initial run of the game to ensure the final product is what we expect.
- Begin Manufacturing and Import. This part takes the longest and, for the most part, we just wait. (Luckily for us, we’ve got future expansions we would like to playtest further!)
- Final Fulfillment. After receipt of the games - we’ll put them in the mail en route to your doorstep.
Is It Too Late to Pledge?
It’s not too late! If someone would like to still pledge, we are in the process of copying the campaign over to Indiegogo's InDemand platform which allows individuals to continue to join the movement after the completion of a successful campaign. Of course, the early-bird specials have all expired, but options will remain available for anyone wanting to pre-order a copy of the game or learn more about Invictus. We’ll send another update as soon as the pages are completed
As always, we can't wait to see you on Mt. Olympus!
Steve Ririe & Matt Ririe
Tachyon Games, LLC