Frequently Asked Questions
There are many things we can do to help Invictus reach $23,000 and beyond! Other than sharing Invictus to your friends and family, here are a few tips for you to consider:
1) Follow us on...
2) Share our latest Facebook post or Twitter tweet!
3) Check out Invictus on BoardGameGeek at... https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/272223/invictus-team-deck-building-game.
We'd really appreciate if you can become a fan and subscribe to the game. If you have already played Invictus, please share your rating and possible comments too!
4) Talk about us on BGG in the forums!
5) Feel free to always ask questions on our Kickstarter page. We are always willing to answer your questions because we want you to know exactly what you are getting into. If you ask questions, other people get the answers they need through you. Asking questions also helps us make sure we are doing everything possible to provide the best Invictus ever!
Can't wait to see you on Mt. Olympus!Last updated:
This is the current status for each component included in the game Invictus. If we upgrade the quality through stretch goals, we aim to update the information below as well. The current material quality for each material are as follows:
1. Poker Size Cards (63mm x 88mm) - 310gsm Black Core (Professional) - UPGRADED!
a. Artifact Cards (x113)
b. Boost Cards (x72)
c. Reference Cards (x24)
2. Square Sized Cards (63mm x 63mm) - 310gsm Black Core (Professional) - UPGRADED!
a. Reinforcement Cards (x24)
3. Character Boards (127mm x 127mm) - 2mm High Density Mounted Cardboard
a. Characters (x12)
4. Tokens - 2mm High Density Mounted Cardboard
b. Circle Tokens (x62)
c. Health Tokens (x12)
5. Game Box (215mm x 215mm x 76mm) - 2mm High Density Mounted CardboardLast updated:
Yes! We are definitely working on expansions. Of course, expansions don't work without a successful Kickstarter of the base game. We cannot go into too much detail regarding the expansions at this time, but we aim to create at least 2 expansions.
1) Egyptian Gods Expansion - This expansion will include 6 new gods like Anubis, Osiris, Isis, Set, Sobek, and Ra. Other components (whether it be artifacts, boosts, or reinforcements) will also be added in this expansion to help the already wonderful replayability of Invictus.
2) Tartarus Outbreak (Title Pending) - The second expansion we are currently working on will add a whole new gameplay option to the game. This will be a cooperative expansion where the Titans imprisoned in Tartarus have escaped and it is the gods' responsibility to defeat them. Currently, the plan is to have 1-6 players face off against a Titan and their minions.
We hope this sheds some light on the future of Invictus. Again, we emphasize that without the success of our Kickstarter campaign these expansions will have to wait.Last updated:
Invictus can be played in many different play styles. This game is recommend for 2-6 players and can be played in the following formats:
* For an odd number of players, this game can be played in either free-for-all or uneven teams such as 1v2 or 2v3. We have playtested these formats in the past and, although fun, we do feel an even number of players is more enjoyable. However, this does not mean uneven teams aren't allowed or not fun to play.
* PLEASE NOTE: Team play is a highlighted feature, but not the exclusive way to play.Last updated:
Currently, Invictus is planned to be printed in English only. However, we aim to make this available in other languages as possible and are currently talking to specific translators to make sure this becomes a reality.
Because we have to order in large quantities, we need to make sure there is a genuine interest for specific languages in order to make translating worth everyone's time and money. If possible, we would like to work out a deal with our manufacturer to see if smaller quantities of different languages is possible. For now, we are not exactly sure.
Potential languages we currently have on are list are:
We hope this will help you in your decision and we aim to bring more information soon regarding language availability.Last updated:
There are 2 main reasons why we have included the Clinker:
1) The Clinker allows each player to potentially have a different starting hand of 5 artifacts. A starting deck consists of 6 cards total and includes 4 Radiant Cores (Prisma Energy), 1 Gladius (Fire Energy), and 1 Clinker (Counterfeit Energy). Through playtesting, people like the idea that each player has a different starting hand which often leads to a different first turn for each player.
2) Although destroying cards isn’t necessarily a new mechanic for some, it can be for many players. Because a Clinker is undesirable, everyone wants to destroy it as soon as possible. This helps everyone (both new and veteran players) learn this mechanic and remember that destroying cards can be very beneficial in order to succeed.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question