UPDATES - NOV 15th:
Stretch Goals 1-3 are ALL UNLOCKED!
- Every Order ($4+) receives a FREE vinyl decal!
- Our TWO New Enamel Pins are available - The Krampus Nutcracker and the Cthulhu In The Box!
- The FIFTH Card, "Shipwrecked" is unlocked and will be included FREE with each 4-card collection!
- So, confession time for this card - it's in progress, but we reached this stretch goal much faster than I'd anticipated, so it isn't totally done yet. :) But it will be as soon as I complete a couple of commissions I have due ahead of it. It's based on "At the mountains of madness" and unlike the previous 4 is fully painted from a few photographic references. EVERY BACKER that orders the complete collection will receive one "Shipwrecked" card FREE with each set. It will also be made available as the selection for anyone wanting the single card option of the Great Kraken reward level.
- For more details on the new enamel pins and the rest of the Stretch Goals, scroll down to that section!
UPDATED: Be sure to scroll down to the STRETCH GOALS Section to learn more about our unlocked items!
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Season's greetings! My name is Kristopher McClanahan and my wife Lindsay and I love monsters! Together we formed Deeply Dapper back in 2010 to sell my artwork and our creations and every holiday season, we make custom monster Christmas Cards and Krampus sends his minions to crack their birch branches and rattle their chains to keep us on task through the winter. In 2015 I released a children's ABC book of horror called the Horror Abecedarium and started my series DAPPER HOLLOWS which features the adventures of a playful vampire bat and his pal, Thulie and last year we released our first Kickstarter - Krampus & Cthulhu's 2016 Collection!
Last year's project was a great success and this year we've decided to do it again! We've read all of your feedback and come up with a super-fun concept we think you'll love.
The Krampus & Cthulhu 2017 Christmas Collection!
KRAMPUS – The half goat, half demon being that punishes bad children at Christmas time!
CTHULHU – The half octopus, half dragon Old One that lurks beneath the sea!
I know, they don't seem like the friendliest of companions, but old 'Thulie (He lets me call him that) took one look at Krampus' demonic countenance and leering expression and they knew they'd be great friends, and after a brief adjustment period, a few obliterated fishing villages and a handful of missing bad kids, we settled down and started creating the Collection.
WHAT'S IN THE COLLECTION?
We had a lot of backers ask for "More Vintage Designs" so I dove in deep and started researching the classic Currier and Ives illustrations and paintings. Then, after selecting a few favorites, I set about digitally recreating the images with a subtle horror and Lovecraftian twist! I created new canvas brushes and finishes to blend the creepy new additions as subtly into the original landscapes with an eye towards making cards that you can send out that don't immediately scream "HORROR!" We also wanted to cover the same characters we love from the original series and keep them mostly non-denominational. Deeply Dapper is proud to present the Vintage Variations for our 2017 Collection!
Each card will be 5"x7" landscape style, full color on the front, blank inside with a brief story about the art on the back. They will also include envelopes. All of the cards will be printed on acid-free heavy card cover stock with a slight texture to emphasize the painted style of art. We have gone with a new printer for this year's cards that we currently use for our art prints as well - their color and reproductions are top-notch!
#1 - Krampus Pays a Visit
On the back of the card: As young Billy's family is greeted on the doorstep of his uncle's farmhouse, he spots a shape on the roof that tells him what he feared was indeed true - Krampus could find him at any home for the holidays....
#2 - Strange Tracks in the Winter Woods
On the back of the card: Mr. Patterson loved taking his old hunting dog for walks in the snowy woods. The mutt's sense of smell was shot and he wasn't much good for hunting anymore, but Patterson could sense that they weren't alone in the woods that day. There were strange tracks in the snowbanks...
#3 - Getting Ice from Kraken Creek
On the back of the card: It was only safe to retrieve ice from the surface of Kraken Creek on the very coldest days. Only then was the water cold enough to slow the great beast that lived below the surface of the water. Orville was in charge of distracting the tentacles with the hoe while the rest quickly loaded the ice blocks...
#4 - Impending Doom at the Inn
On the back of the card: The Inn was full of holiday traffic and farmers drinking their way through winter when the reports came from the coast. A great shape was seen rising, heading their way...
Unlike last year when the Collection got a little heavy with options, we have decided to keep the 2017 Collection simple - 4 card designs and one special Enamel Pin design (So far - we will have an additional card design and a second pin design available through stretch goals)
Each pin features:
- 1.75" Tall
- Swinging "Wobble-Tongue" Action!
- Hard Enamel
- Lightshifting Black Nickel Metal
- 9 Enamel Colors
- 2 Rubber Clutches
- Back Logo Stamp
- Limited Edition
GOAL #2 UNLOCKED! New ENAMEL PIN OPTIONS ADDED!
Yay! Our next enamel pin designs have been unlocked - However, I couldn't decide which design I liked more, and we wanted to create something that was a comparable value for that big, fancy KRAMPUS Pin up above, so instead, I designed two Vintage Toy Inspired pins, the Krampus Nutcracker (1.5") and the Cthulhu In The Box (1.25") Both will be hard enamel, back stamped and limited edition.
This means a few things about pledges:
- If you have already pledged for any reward that has the "2017 Krampus Enamel Pin" you can choose BOTH of the new stretch goal pins instead. We will make that option available in the survey at the end of the campaign.
- If you have already pledged for any items at the $12 and up level and would like to add BOTH of the new pins or the 2017 Krampus Pin without changing your reward level, you can simply "Manage" your pledge now and add $15 to your pledge. You will then be able to select your pin choices at survey time. This is also how you can buy additional copies of the Krampus pins now.
- We have added 2 NEW REWARD LEVELS: The SINGLE Stretch Goal Pin Option ($8), which allows you to purchase a single design of our new pins and the STUFFED STOCKING level ($45), which gets you the full Card Set, the 2017 Krampus Pin, The Krampus Nutcracker and The Cthulhu In The Box. There will also be a limited number of Early Bird Stuffed Stocking available for $39, which saves you almost $20 off of what all of this will cost once it's listed in our online store.
- If you have NOT pledged yet and would like the two new pins, you can also choose ANY reward level that includes the 2017 Krampus Pin in the rewards list and select the 2 new designs instead on the final survey.
- Because we are adding 2 NEW Enamel Pins, they will likely ship in early December and any cards ordered will be sent in an earlier shipment with the pins to follow to ensure that you get your cards in time to mail them out for the holidays!
We have some really fun STRETCH GOALS planned for the collection - some additional items as well as upgrades to the cards we already offer! As pledges reach the goals, more Stretch Goals will be unlocked!
In addition to the new card designs, some levels of rewards allow you to select/receive cards from our previous years of Holiday Cards! Here are the available designs for those tiers:
WHO WE ARE:
Deeply Dapper is Kris McClanahan! Joined by his long-suffering wife Lindsay and his podcast co-host and collaborator Devon Marcel, they strive to bring a bit of cheeky horror and retro fun to the world. You can listen to their podcasts, view their convention calendar, previous work and more on their website. Deeply Dapper is located in the wild northwestern US.
Because these items are all limited runs and are items not normally available through our shop and convention appearances, we decided Kickstarter would be the ideal way to find fellow holiday/horror fans to celebrate the season with. Funding through Kickstarter will allow us to reach a wider audience and fund interesting and unique items for the holidays. And some really fun stretch goals, hopefully!
A NOTE ON SHIPPING:
Because we know holiday items are a time sensitive thing, especially holiday cards, we are making every effort to make this Kickstarter ready to fulfill immediately after funding - I have already submitted the Enamel Pin design and I am working with the manufacturer on refining the final mold and all of our printing services for the cards have been established and are ready to go! However, because this enamel pin design is more complex than any of our previous designs, it could delay the arrival of the pin. In an effort to ensure prompt arrival of your cards so that you can send them out in time for the holidays have decided to warn ALL BACKERS that their orders may be delivered in two separate deliveries - Cards ASAP, then the pin once it arrives. (Hence the variance in "Shipping Date" listed on the rewards tiers. Our intent is to have all of the products ready to go and ship out by December 1st, but we prefer to err on the side of caution.
Risks and challenges
Although there is usually some small variance in manufacturing time, we foresee little risks with the project. We have sourced a new factory and the pin designs for the reward are well on their way in the production cycle.This is our 24th enamel pin and we have been making and shipping items for seven years. The printer for our cards has been printing for us for months. This is our SEVENTH Kickstarter.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)