In Forces of Evil, you and your friends each take on the role of an evil overlord bent on overthrowing the kingdom from your underground lairs. You compete individually to build a dungeon, hoard treasure, and recruit minions to your cause (and try to keep them happy). However, The Forces of Good will rally against you and attack! You must successfully defeat these ambitious adventurers or they will ruin your plans! When the last hero falls, the most powerful Force of Evil will rule the land!
If you have ever played the classic computer game Dungeon Keeper, this is our attempt to bring that unique experience to the tabletop. It is also inspired by classic sword-and-sorcery role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons. Check out the preview video to see what we mean!
Each box includes tokens with thematic artwork to represent heroes, minions, treasures, and more. The game board comes in four pieces each of which is decadently illustrated. Finally, 12 dice are also included.
Each of the over 80 cards is finely illustrated. The Cards of Light and Darkness have an evocative medieval woodcut style while dungeon and garrison cards are colorfully drawn.
The seven unique Forces of Evil are diabolically portrayed on extra big cards for players to enjoy.
Each copy of the game has more than 200 tokens for heroes, minions, treasure, and evil influence.
A comprehensive list of components can be found here on our website.
Please check out the rule book as well as the free preliminary print-and-play and see the game firsthand for yourself. Also check out our Treasure Valley Games YouTube channel for tutorials and fun-facts.
For an overview of how combat works, watch this video (no sound so safe for work!).
Check out Undead Viking's overview video!
"Forces Of Evil from Treasure Valley Games is a game that appeals to a slightly darker side. Having had enough of the fanfare and glory of the heroes. Treasure Valley wants to exult those hard working fiends that have had the foresight, vision, and minions to make evil lairs and caverns of corruption a reality.
The product that was delivered unto us is ripe with promise. A full array of Overlords to choose from, each with different management style for their dungeons. A box chock full of minions, monsters, and the living impaired meant to keep the forces of good at bay. A system for the easy creation of one’s lair and a smooth battle system for when those cleric, rogues, and fighters get a bit uppity. And with a little planning, some clever uses of the Pit Of Despair, and some elbow grease (with real elbows), Good’s Downfall (and your victory) will truly be assured.
With just the taste we’ve seen of Forces Of Evil, the players in our shop are ready to shield their eyes from the Pillars Of Hope, prepared to add on their own mushroom caverns, and more importantly round up their own forces to show people who’s bad!” -- CJ DeSilvy - Diversions Puzzles and Games
Tom Vasel at the Dice Tower previews the early prototype of Forces of Evil.
1) Theme. Every aspect of this game is built around the theme. You will feel like the cretinous villain that you are as you build your dungeon abode. You will regret naught as you throw your minions against the heroes' onslaught, whilst pursuing your nefarious agenda. In every game, Forces of Evil tells a story.
2) Every Player Matters. There is no player elimination in Forces of Evil. You are like Sauron; you may be defeated, but never destroyed. That means you are always in the game and what you do is always important. The game is a race to come out on top, but every player gets to finish and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment at Good's Downfall.
3) Intelligent Choices. Forces of Evil uses a unique card-driven game mechanic that allows players to make clear and strategic decisions. There is minimal hidden information and little guesswork--things which often cause the dreaded analysis paralysis.
4) Predictability and Uncertainty: a healthy mix! Forces of Evil combines the best of Euro-style decision making with the excitement of American-style dice-rolling. Players spend time executing their building strategy and then have it tested in the crucible of fast, tactical dice combat. This makes the game entertaining and dynamic without being random.
5) Replayability. Forces of Evil encourages players to learn the game and it favors experience and intuition over brute calculation. Every game plays differently so strategy changes each time. Win or lose, you always look forward to the next game's unique experience!
We are a new publishing company and this is our first game. In order to afford a quality print-run, we need to reach our minimum funding goal.
You deserve this game well-made and at an affordable price. But to do that, we need your help. And that is why we are using Kickstarter.
We offer rewards at a variety of pledge levels. Whether you pledge one dollar or one-thousand, just putting your name behind our project is invaluable.
But money isn't everything. By far. The success of this campaign depends upon getting the word out. Even if you just like our Kickstarter page, our facebook page, or follow us on Twitter, mentioning us to your friends helps us to meet more people--a service money can't buy! And we thank you!
First of all, thank you for your interest in Forces of Evil. I set out to make Forces of Evil because there was no other game that gave me the experience and game play I wanted in a dungeon-building game. This is a labor of love for me, but it has also gotten a lot of love from other people, to whom I am eternally grateful. Without them, this game wouldn't be here. And now I would like to share the pleasure and experience of Forces of Evil with you, the board gaming community that has given me so much over the years.
Patrick Runyan, Treasure Valley Games
Since this is our first game, our Kickstarter backers are incredibly important to us. To show our appreciation, we are giving you exclusive bonus content and stretch goals. These perks will never be available again. But we think it is the least you deserve!
There is still a lot more we would like to add to the game and make it even better. If we exceed our minimum funding goal, we can give you even more in each box--all for the same price!
US - Shipping is free.
Canada - Please add $20 to your desired pledge level.
Other International - Please add $40 to your desired pledge level.
International backers, please note that you may have to pay additional taxes and/or tariffs.
We apologize for the cost of shipping overseas. But rest assured you are getting a quality delivery from FedEx. Part of this expense is used to mitigate that price, and part of it is to keep shipping costs from creeping into the game itself. We want you to know you are paying for the game at or below retail with extra expenses clearly allocated toward shipping.
We are offering bundle deals at discount in order to mitigate the cost of shipping several smaller single packages to people who know each other. However, we realize that not every group of friends comes in numbers of 2, 3, and 10. If you want more than 3 copies, just add $30 to your pledge. Note: Kickstarter will not allow us to send more than 10 copies to one backer. Please contact us if this is an issue.
All backers at $1 or more will be listed on the website.
For backers who take advantage of the bundle deals, each person in the bundle receives the BACKER level rewards (including listing on the website).
For the "Portrait of a Hero" pledge level, please choose which card you would like to be depicted on.
- Peasants (up to 3 people per pledge) -- 3 AVAILABLE
- Knight Errant (fighter) -- AVAILABLE
- Initiate Cleric (priest) -- AVAILABLE
- Locksmith (thief) -- AVAILABLE
- Journeyman Mage (mage) -- AVAILABLE
* One hero is currently reserved but not specified. All four picks are still available.
This is a first-come-first-reserved basis.
Risks and challenges
We are small company (of volunteers) and this is our first Kickstarter campaign. We are conservatively estimating delivery in December. This is based purely on our experience with other Kickstarter board games. If things go smoothly, we should be done *before* then. But there are a number of factors which may cause delays:
1) Manufacturing schedule. Manufacturers give estimates based on the time of the estimate, but the actual time may vary based upon the season when work is to commence. Furthermore, before production begins in earnest, production prototypes must pass quality control inspection.
2) Art. Most of the game's art is complete, but some remains. This is outsourced to independent contractors who have various clients. Like manufacturing, all final artwork must be approved.
3) Acts of God. The Forces of Evil are indestructible immortal powers. We humans, however, are susceptible to disease and fatality.
4) Shipping. Nature and international trade also play their part in overseas shipping.
It has been a bumpy road just to get to the stage of starting our Kickstarter. We have learned about what can go wrong just from printing prototypes and play-testing. No matter what, our backers on Kickstarter are guaranteed to receive their copy before anyone else.
Although we are working alone, we have already received immense support from the larger community. We are taking advantage of the consultation and warehousing services of Greater Than Games, LLC and we've received great consultation from Stonemaiergames. As mentioned above, we are using FedEx to guarantee delivery.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or would like to help out in any way, please contact us!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)