GoodGrid Mac App • Inspires to Become Creative with Photos
GoodGrid Mac App • Inspires to Become Creative with Photos
Create crazy creative collages, easily create Polyscapes, and never before seen art: Release your artist within!
Create crazy creative collages, easily create Polyscapes, and never before seen art: Release your artist within! Read more
About this project
Traduction / Übersetzung / Traduzione
- Retrouvez ici la description en français
- Hier geht es zur Deutschen Beschreibung
- Fai click qui per la versione in italiano
GoodGrid shapes the art we see
GoodGrid is an app that actually will change the world you know – a bit. GoodGrid will be the birthplace of many creations we have never or rarely seen before. Creative people can focus on making art, yet it is so playful it inspires everybody to be creative.
Today we have power apps like Photoshop, Affinity Photo and Pixelmator which are great allrounders, but when it comes to combining photos better solutions are needed. However all dedicated apps are a dead end: They are template (or generator based) so editing is impossible. You are caught between a rock and a hard place. GoodGrid found a solution to edit a sliced canvas! This way even if you still start with a template everything is fully editable and even have a non-desctrive result. Finally!
Enjoy your creativity! Make GoodGrid happen!
It's always easy keep the status quo. We could not miss the car if it was never invented, but we would have to shovel a LOT of horse poop � .
So please support us. Let's together see what creations it will bring.
Sooooo … what is it?
GoodGrid is the worlds first "Slicing app". Meaning finally it's super easy to create crazy creative collages, Polyscape and soooooo much more. It was internally done to fulfill a dream of our award winning designer and photographer Édouard Puginier (tazintosh.com).
Collages combine any number of photos to an emotional story, no matter if you use it as a facebook banner, Christmas card or in a photo-book. Polyscape combines scenes in so many beautiful ways. It is one of the many attractive abstract art forms that, GoodGrid opens the doors for wide. Before GoodGrid, dedicated collage apps where extremely limiting, to become creative you had to spend hours with professional creative tools – which can do everything, but are simply not dedicated to this work.
With GoodGrid you can go crazy creative within seconds or simply let GoodGrid suggest automatic layouts for you and you go on from there …
Why Kickstarter? You count – Twice!
This video shows the current internal version with its technical features and a basic UI … not yet really ready for the public use … since this is where you come in!
1) Help us get GoodGrid off the ground, so it can soon make everybody happy, from cellphone-photographers to professionals. We need to take time away from our other projects to turn GoodGrid into a rock solid, easy to use Mac App with all the features we want others to have.
2) GoodGrid is Édouard's Wish-App and it can become your dream: Your input can influence GoodGrid's features! Supporters can get involved from day one! GoodGrid will be an absolute dream App and even today there is nothing to compare – not even a combination of tools. Support us and let us know what is missing – for you!
Ok, so here is what we see in GoodGrid's future.
Since Apple offers free updates to their macOS backwards compatibility is not really an issue, so GoodGrid can use the latest technology. Still if (enough) backers need earlier versions supported then we will see what is possible.
The current Alpha runs on:
macOS El Capitan and newer
- Templates stage: This is the first app where templates are not limited to delivered ones, but they are generated on the fly – simply limitless. Drop the images you want to use (or select the numbers of pictures) and select the output size – Boom! Templates are generated specifically for you! • Insane but true!
- Slicing stage: If you love a template, nothing is left to do. Otherwise you can edit the existing cut or start from scratch. • It truly just takes seconds!
- Design stage: Use your slices. Add margin, lines and fill the slices. Not only can you drop images here, each shape holds an infinite stack of composed images, gradients and color fillings. • Simply infinite possibilities!
- Many automatic cut algorithms to pre-create templates, including golden cut, 2/3rd, diagonal cut …
- Preview pre-filled: testdrive suggestions with your images.
- Predesigned canvas sizes: Quickpicks for typical scenarios from Facebook banners, iPhone and iPad backgrounds to wall-posters.
- Custom canvas size: Templates are generated to your output size.
- Suggestions are fully editable.
- Start from scratch or modify automatic templates.
- Many quick slicing tools: Orthogonal to existing lines, free angle from center, line from point… • Become a slice artist :-)
- Free Editing: Add points, drag points, remove lines. • Anything you want.
- Snapping guides: Complex snapping guides: Angles, closest line, connection angles, existing points. • Snap like you've never snapped before :-) .
- Automatic cutting: All tools from the templates can be used manually with many, many options and you can even apply automatic cuts to any existing shape, so automatic cut inside an automatic cut inside an automatic cut. • Go nuts.
- Basics: position, scale, rotation …
- Combined frames (!): Multiple shapes can share a picture so that the combined frame is used. Still each single image can have its own settings, offset, fill stack.
- Canvas frame: Align photos within the canvas frame instead of the shape frame, e.g. to create Polyscape art.
- Lines: You have both, lines directly on the Grid as well as around each shape.
- Line Style: Lines can be stacked to create beautiful frames.
- Margins: shapes can be inset from the cut grid.
- Fill: You can stack any number of images, pattern, gradients and colors with any combination of composition effects into a shape.
- Adaptive settings: Settings can be done on the levels Default/Group/Single.
- Default Settings: You can change settings for all shapes at once.
- Group Settings: Combine shapes into a group, each group setting overwrites its default setting.
- Single Settings: Each setting for a single shape will overwrite its default and group setting.
- Advanced text editing & filling features.
Saving & Export:
- Saving preserves all your images in the original size – so you can replace them at any time – no more starting from scratch.
- Quick export: Instantly save an JPG/PNG/TIFF.
- High resolution export: Save in a higher resolution than the originally set canvas.
- Vectorial export 1: Directly export to PDF, everything stays vectorial (pixel images stay in their original size).
- Vectorial export 2: PDFs used as images stay vectorial.
- Vectorial export 3: Instantly import the PDF into Affinity Photo/Designer and continue working.
Polyscape is a beautiful modern art form combining a background image with filled polygons, that blend into each other by the structures on the photos used. It's beautiful but currently hard to create.
GoodGrid will include basic Polyscape features and we would like to include a sophisticated engine – see Milestones.
You are part of the team: What features do you wish for?
As soon as this Kickstarter hits its 15.000€ support we start working with you! Every supporter can instantly start using the beta and can influence the direction we are going – this app is for you!!! If you support us a bit more you additionally get a license when the app is going 1.0!
Please support GoodGrid. It enables people to be creative and will inspire new art.
Supporters and Delivery Dates
The first Beta version will be delivered as soon as this Kickstarter campaign ends successfully. It will be updated regularly until 1.0 is published. The last Beta will expire about one month after 1.0 is published.
We want to finish GoodGrid 1.0 in this summer and you will then immediately get your license so that you can continue working with it.
We estimate the final retail price to be €29.99 so rather get it now, cheap :-)
We already created a lot of Mac and iOS apps. If you support us with €50 or more you will get the best of them (Create Booklet, GoodTimes, Subtitle Studio). The first hundred bundle supporters will also get MyTeeth • All Inclusive.
Meet the Creators
We are happy about every big supporter so we want to give you something special. You can pick a person of the team (based on location) and have a long chat over dinner. We will give you insights into our work processes or anything that might interest you.
We have enough money to afford creating GoodGrid! Thank you!
We will turn GoodGrid into the first easy to create Polyscape app. Imagine Polyscape as easy to create as Collages • We got ideas to make that a reality!
The full spectrum of all collages can be in one app: We will combine GoodGrid with the power of our App GoodTimes. GoodTimes is the other end of the collage spectrum. GoodTimes creates an environment for images, to give emotions to any collages. GoodGrid has infinite fill stacks to stay fully vectorial and cuts to have image next to image, while GoodTimes has infinite effects stacks, photo backgrounds and high quality photo overlay objects. Just imagine the result!
Very special thanks to our supporters:
Dr. Christoph H. Vogelbusch • Ratingen, Germany • Development
Édouard Puginier • Paris, France • Design & Photography
Stefano Cappuzzo • Padua, Italy • Translations & Communication
Frank Lanzillotta • Düsseldorf, Germany • Translations & Communication
You • Features, Testing, Kickstart-Support :-)
Risks and challenges
There is basically no risk.
We have made many apps before as you can see on our Website https://www.TheKeptPromise.com and GoodGrid already has a working Prototype. GoodGrid is already crazy creative and we will do our best to put your wishes in there, but please know we cannot satisfy every wish, especially since users wishes can contradict each other. We will pick all that make sense and are possible in our given time frame to make sure nothing will go wrong.
Support this project
- (30 days)